[4.20] BUG - Game freeze report

Feedback and information for X Rebirth VR Edition

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

dlocke
x4

[4.20] BUG - Game freeze report

Post by dlocke » Sun, 6. Aug 17, 19:46

Updated to Nvidia 38494 drive and I seem to be freezing after 10-15 minutes of game play.

GTX 1080
i5 7600K OC 4.6
32GB RAM

Oculus

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Sun, 6. Aug 17, 20:45

Thanks for the report. Please could you share the following? Is this occurring under Hotfix 2?

1) A DXDiag report (info on creating one can be found here).

2) Information about the installed Vulkan Driver (generated via running vulkaninfo32.exe, which is probably part of the VulkanRT folder located in the C:\Program Files\ directory (or on the drive you installed the Nvidia driver or the AMD driver, if you have an AMD card).

dlocke
x4

Post by dlocke » Sun, 6. Aug 17, 21:29

See if this works

https://1drv.ms/f/s%21AlnlhNYcT-lvicd87WKzBNHxRK1HSA

also I uninstalled and reinstalled after deleting all my files. I was able to play for about 45-60 min.

I really like this game... I hope the bugs get ironed out. Also mapping a execute scanner button seems to be missing.

And there seems to be a ghost head reset(left thumb rest??) as I have to reset head position all the time especially when using right side board

Edit: Fixed link and removed url-tags. X2-Illuminatus
Last edited by dlocke on Sun, 6. Aug 17, 21:42, edited 3 times in total.

Santi
Moderator (DevNet)
Moderator (DevNet)
x4

Post by Santi » Sun, 6. Aug 17, 21:31

dlocke wrote:How can I attach files to this?
You can always upload to google drive/dropbox etc and post the link for the download here.
A por ellos que son pocos y cobardes

dlocke
x4

Post by dlocke » Mon, 7. Aug 17, 02:49

OK so I an able to play a little longer maybe an hour then the VR screen freezes. I can drop to 2D mode and continue to play but I can not go back to 3D mode.

dlocke
x4

Post by dlocke » Tue, 8. Aug 17, 00:25

So today I am unable to play. I can't play for 10 minutes before the VR freezes and I am forced to use 2D which I will not do. Any suggestions. Here are my specs

GTX1080
32GB RAM
i5 7600K
SSD HD
Oculus with touch

Anything??/ I really like what I see in this. I am at the part right before the Albion jump and the feeling of dread and loss is so great here. Great work on this, just need to get the bugs ironed out.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Tue, 8. Aug 17, 01:14

Thanks for the additional info. Dev's informed.

dlocke
x4

Post by dlocke » Tue, 8. Aug 17, 03:18

OK I think I found the issue. Sound..if I disable sound in the game no freezing. Should be just using Oculus sound but tomorrow I will try disabling my system sound before playing and see what happens

Bernd
Site Admin
Site Admin
x4

Post by Bernd » Tue, 8. Aug 17, 12:41

dlocke wrote:OK I think I found the issue. Sound..if I disable sound in the game no freezing. Should be just using Oculus sound but tomorrow I will try disabling my system sound before playing and see what happens
That is very interesting.
Please keep us updated if you find additional clues. Maybe other sound devices interfering or special sound related software (like capture cards) that is installed and could possibly influence this...

Thanks...

-Bernd
---
-Bernd Lehahn, bernd@egosoft.com

dlocke
x4

Post by dlocke » Wed, 9. Aug 17, 02:37

OK so if I remove every sound device except 1...and it can be either the oculus or my desktop speakers I do not freeze. If I have more than 1 enabled I crash shortly after loading. I have also had several crash to desktops tonight.

dlocke
x4

Post by dlocke » Sat, 12. Aug 17, 20:43

OK even with only the Oculus sound drive enables I am still getting VR screen freezing. I can take HMD off and continue game in 2D but no more VR after freeze. Any ideas, Anything I can send to help fix this?

Boeng01
x4

Post by Boeng01 » Sun, 13. Aug 17, 21:10

I also got this behavior the day before yesterday. Was able to Play for a few minutes and then the VR part freezed. I had this only while docked on a Station.
Strangely i had not one freeze yesterday while playing around 2 hours.

Will report further if this bug comes back again.

Return to “X Rebirth VR Edition”