Feedback and information for X Rebirth VR Edition

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

[4.20 HF2] BUG / FEEDBACK - Trade Offers button not in station Detail Menus

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Sat, 12. Aug 17, 22:35

Not sure if it's an intentional change or a bug but this report describes a differences in XR VR compared to classic XR.

In classic XR, station Detail Menus contain a "Trade Offers [2]" button whether we have Trade Agents on them or not. In XR VR, this doesn't seem to be the case.

Reproduction steps for XR VR
1. Start new game (The Threat game start).
2. Fly to Cell Recharge Fac in front of ship.
3. Fly to top of the station to unlock a Trade Offer from a port.
4. Check station Detail Menu.

I found the button very useful in classic XR as it helped with easily seeing what a particular station needed and was selling. It was also useful for CVs too in case the button is also now missing for their Detail Menu in XR VR.

This info is still available via filters in the Trade Menu but it's more cumbersome.

rp198419

[4.2] BUG - Construction ship dealer 'Build' button greyed out

Post by rp198419 » Sat, 12. Aug 17, 23:43

Edit: Posts from here down have been merged in as it's the same issue - Sparky

My first station is nearing completion so I decided to buy a second CV to start another station.

Contacted the XL ship builder who showed construction ship on his listing. However, the 'build button' on the listing page was greyed out.

Flew to shipyard, nothing being built in the dock; build button still greyed out.

Baffling.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Sun, 13. Aug 17, 00:57

It's possible it is trying to build something but lacks a resource so there's no visible progress until you or an NPC sells something critical.

If that's not the case, please could you upload somewhere and hyperlink a save for Devs?

rp198419

Post by rp198419 » Sun, 13. Aug 17, 20:45

Sparky Sparkycorp wrote:...but lacks a resource so there's no visible progress until you or an NPC sells something critical.
Thanks Sparky, but how do I deliver a critical resource when I don't know what it is?

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Sun, 13. Aug 17, 21:53

That's a good question, probably made trickier by the following issue:

https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=395906 (edit: threads merged)

If you check your Trade Menu and type Construction Vessel in the search filter, it should list all outstanding trades for your CVs. Their location can let you pinpoint which Trade relates to this CV (assuming there's one in the zone).

The following wiki area can help determine what the CV will need for the stage of a station construction:

https://www.egosoft.com:8444/confluence ... +to+player
Last edited by Sparky Sparkycorp on Mon, 14. Aug 17, 00:46, edited 1 time in total.

rp198419

Post by rp198419 » Sun, 13. Aug 17, 23:53

So, if I want to build fusion reactors in HOL, can I move the CV from Albion to HOL, or are shiptech fab CVs only operational in Albion?

Complex or what? :)

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Sun, 13. Aug 17, 23:59

Any CV can work anywhere :)

...but for added complexity, keep in mind that OL system stations need some OL-specific wares. It's not necissarily bad to build stations in other systems but keep in mind the ease of obtaining things they need.

florianlt
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by florianlt » Mon, 14. Aug 17, 11:37

Fixed in an upcoming version

Return to “X Rebirth VR Edition”