Can't fire captain - WAD + RESOLVED

Feedback and information for X Rebirth VR Edition

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

rp198419

Can't fire captain - WAD + RESOLVED

Post by rp198419 » Sun, 13. Aug 17, 20:42

Docked with capital ship and spoke with captain but there is no 'You're fired' option.

Have a 5* captain in the crew lounge. but can't use her as I can't fire the other guy.

Please don't tell me I have to sell/destroy the ship and start over.

This is such a great game but sometimes I wonder whether anyone at Ego actually plays it...

w.evans
x4

Post by w.evans » Sun, 13. Aug 17, 22:18

While you're docked at your capital ship, you could call the captain you have in the Skunk and tell him or her to "Work here". (Unless that's a mod. Pretty sure that's vanilla. Contact via sidebar.)

If not docked at the capship, you could also tell your spare captain to work at your capship. (Go to the back room and talk to the new captain directly.)

Either will move your new captain to the capital ship and will get your old captain to transfer to the back room of the Skunk.

Having an option to fire a working captain directly would result in a ship that would not accept any orders since it wouldn't have a captain.

rp198419

Post by rp198419 » Sun, 13. Aug 17, 23:51

Thanks for that. I have finally got rid of the captain and appointed a better one. However, to do what you suggested, I had to ensure that a) there were no outstanding deliveries and b) the ship was in my squad.

Thanks for your help.

Fenhris
x4

Post by Fenhris » Mon, 14. Aug 17, 14:24

Generally it seems that problems with firing captains only exist with the captains that comes with the ship when you buy it at a shipyard.
Leave the captain on the ship, have a new (and definetly better) captain on your skunk, dock on the capital, and tell your new captain to work there. When ask, tell him to replace the other employee.

Normally when you replace an employee you will se both persons on the animation, one leaving the skunk, and the other entering the skunk, and the replaced captain will be in the skunks back. But if it was a captain that was provided when you bought the ship, the captain entering the skunk wont be there on the animation. Also, the captain wont be in the skunks back afterwards. Atleast not in my experience.

This behavior goes all the way back to original XR. I have noticed that the captains coming with a newly bought ship looks like pilots when you call them remotely. Perhaps we actually get Pilots on our capital ships when buying new ships, and thats why there is some problems making the leave later on?

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Mon, 14. Aug 17, 14:35

I always assumed that the free Captain intentionally didn't enter the Skunk because they would have terrible skills. Not sure if that is correct though.

The issue being described by rp198419 is different though - being able to actively fire working crew, without a replacement, was removed a few patches ago. When it was possible, you could do things like accidentally fire a Denfense Office mid-battle when trying to change one of their settings.

Return to “X Rebirth VR Edition”