[4.20 HF2] - FEEDBACK - Oculus issue (Right side info screen can be blank/foggy)

Feedback and information for X Rebirth VR Edition

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

rp198419

[4.20 HF2] - FEEDBACK - Oculus issue (Right side info screen can be blank/foggy)

Post by rp198419 » Fri, 11. Aug 17, 15:33

Sometimes after booting game from Steam and then putting on Oculus HMD, the roght hand side info screen is blank or shows a 'grey foggy' outline.

Noticed this a couple of times now. It seems to have to do with the order in which the game and Oculus are initialised, though that may just be speculation on my part. Rebooting the game sometimes solves the problem but not always.

Also the case when loading a game from Saved games, the station I am building isn't there! If I then load the saved game agian, the station reappears.

*UPDATE*

1. The blank or 'foggy' RH data screen problem seems to definitely be related to Oculus. The only way of correcting it is to reboot the PC, which clears the Oculus memory and also deletes temporary files.

2. The 'disappearing station' problem goes away once the station is big enough. The 'basic building blocks' of a structure which are there before the construction drones get to work are not always present when the game is loaded and take time to gradually appear.

rp198419

Post by rp198419 » Mon, 14. Aug 17, 14:57

This problem with the RH data screen is ongoing. Please report to devs.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Mon, 14. Aug 17, 22:41

Hi there,

Regarding the disappearing station issue, I created a new thread for that here to help with organising player feedback.

Within that new thread, please could you mention whether the station disappearance is occurring in 2D and/or 3D mode?

Cheers,
Sparks

Return to “X Rebirth VR Edition”