Looking for ware distribution mod(s)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Raevyan
x4

Looking for ware distribution mod(s)

Post by Raevyan » Sat, 12. Aug 17, 19:06

Hi,

i'm currently trying to rebuild DeVries in my current playthrough and have build up quite a few stations (~17) and i'm just about to get them running. For this i would love to have something to be able to effectivly distribute wares between my own stations without having to micromanage each managers account.

Are there any useful mods to accomplish something like CLS in X3? Or is there a mod that eliminates money transactions for player to player transfers?

The mod should be compatible with the following mod's i'm currently using: CWIR, Silence you all, AutoCrew, Station Production Limiting, Station Recycle, Upgrade all, Extra Surplus Info, Flyby InfoScan and Looting, Capital Ship Bridge, Carriers, Station Engineers

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Sun, 13. Aug 17, 13:30

Hi rene6740,

The AutoTrader has an option (station trader) to trade exclusively between player-owned stations within a set range (that can be expanded once the trader levels up).

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

Raevyan
x4

Post by Raevyan » Tue, 15. Aug 17, 18:09

Thanks for the Link to your Mod. It's maybe me but i can't get the auto trader to work. I've added the ship to my squad (Lyranea with Cargo lifter and Construction URV) and when WE where in the same zone (Lava Flow) i activated him as sector station trader. I have a Solar energy array in the sector and ~17 consuming factories but he did not Start to trade Energy cells. I then gave one consuming Station Manager some funds (150k) and waited a bit with SINZA but he was still idling (is it needed to Five Station Managers funds or are Player to player trades Executive without Money transactions?).

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Tue, 15. Aug 17, 18:55

Did you assign him to the station (manager)? If so, don't. The AutoTrader must not be assigned to any of your NPCs.

Also do not pass any money to the captain's account.

Once you've started the AutoTrader kick him from your squad and wait. Depending how many stations you have in the range (intitially: the sector) it may take a while until he finds the best trade deal.

Also you should get a message in your player's logbook confirming that the AutoTrader is active, and the captain's name should start with a * (asterix).

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

Raevyan
x4

Post by Raevyan » Tue, 15. Aug 17, 19:58

Oh well looks like i've broken your mod... I tried another mod yesterday and just wanted to remove those mods and restore a backup save. Now i can't get the AutoTrader menu to activate via engage/disengage auto pilot ...

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Wed, 16. Aug 17, 17:52

I'm sorry to learn that you got so much trouble with the AutoTrader.

Breaking the mod should not be possible unless (see the description in the AutoTrader thread) you did one of the things you're not suppose to do ;-)

Also note, that the Mod does not leave any trace in your saved game if you follow the instructions (again, see the AutoTrader tread). Which means that you should be able to reactivte the mod in any saved game.

If you still have trouble please let me know and I'm happy to assist in resolving the matter.

Cheers Euclid

Raevyan
x4

Post by Raevyan » Wed, 16. Aug 17, 19:46

Thanks for your help. I got the mod working again after some back and forth. Seems like if the Trade Ship in squad has a follow Command i will not get the AutoTrader menu to activate.
I noticed in the Second test that the Auto trader is using Money from Player Account when buying and transferring Money from Manager Account to player Account when selling. Is there a way to make those trades free? I really don't want to deal with manager account balancing.

I did some Research in the modding Forum and steam Workshop and figured out i will Need a combination of two mods. 1) to make the player to player trades free and 2) to handle shipping wares between my stations more efficiently.

Optional for 1):
- free player to player Trades (can't remember the author Name)
- Station Manager Account Sharing (unitrader)

Options for 2):
- AutoTrader (are there any compatibility issues with options from above?)
- Station Push Wares (Same author As free player to in player trades Mod)
- MT Station logistics (a light weight CLS Script from x3 by the Looks of it)

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Wed, 16. Aug 17, 21:31

I'm glad you got it running again.

Concerning the station manager, you need to provide some money anyway otherwise he won't be able to pay for buys from NPCs. Also, if the manager has accumulated a certain sum of money above his budget he will transfer that surplus to the player's account.

An alternative option is to use a SectorTrader who will take any profitable trade within his range (sector initially). Thus, if your factories' price settings are correct he will do trade runs with your own stations, too.

Cheers Euclid

Raevyan
x4

Post by Raevyan » Wed, 16. Aug 17, 22:53

The idea is to build a self sustaining economy with player shipyards as ressource sink in DeVries. So no buys from NPCs. I just Need a few more station to get it started. I guess i could give them some funds initially and then they money would stockpile at lowest end (Energy arrays) and put money back into the System on shipyards. Theoretically the AutoTrader puts Money back into the System for every BUY (uses player Account) and Takes Money out of System for SELL (from Station Account and into player Account).
Which would mean i only need to handle One account. But i'm not sure if this will work out well enough. Probably have to put in a lots of Money into the System initially and keep consuming ressources in shipyards.

I haven't done something like this in rebirth before. So i'm not quite sure how this will work out the vanilla way or with Mod Support. The good thing using AutoTrader is, that i would Need way less traders (just a few Sector Traders and 1-2 Cluster Trader) than giving every Station a Trader. Should work if i set buy Price for every ressource that is consumed One above the sell Price of the products?

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Wed, 16. Aug 17, 23:14

rene6740 wrote: ......
Should work if i set buy Price for every ressource that is consumed One above the sell Price of the products?
It should, yes. The algorithm seeks to find the most profitable trade within the given parameters. Thus, if the highest profit is just +1cr, they will go for it.

And good luck with your plan with the self-sustained economy. Just bare in mind that at one point you need to sell something to NPCs or no profit ;-) and there are other costs you need to cover (maintenance, personnel, defense, ammo etc.)

Cheers Euclid

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”