Jump gate issues in 'Another Gate Open' mission

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

rmazurek
x3tc

Jump gate issues in 'Another Gate Open' mission

Post by rmazurek » Fri, 18. Aug 17, 02:19

I'm not sure if all of you are using jump drive on Skunk (for me it's radiculous but it's another topic) or I am doing something wrong.

After crossing jump gate I am in the midlle of nowhere. Trying long range scan - nothing in range. Flying around and nothing is there.

The closest thing is interstellar highway. Flying this direction about 2 hours on booster as much as possible and can't see any progress. Now I fly to my balor scout that is boosting in my direction.. At this moment it's above 507k kilometers away. I think it is several thousands kilometers closer then at the beginning.

Any advice?

EDIT: Mystery solved. During cinematic I was still flying and passed through next jump gate. But in this case it does not direct to Home of Light system but to emptiness. I think this is some bug or something.

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Fri, 18. Aug 17, 05:34

Have you tried jumping again once your drive has cooled down?
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

rmazurek
x3tc

Post by rmazurek » Fri, 18. Aug 17, 05:44

I tried several times 2 scenarios from save before crossing jump gate.

1. Don't break cinematic. I cross next jump gate to Home of Light during cinematic and go to nowhere.
2. I break cinematic. I don't cross second jump gate and stay in right place. When I then cross next jump gate (to Home of Light) I get to the right place.

During cinematic I hear normal gameplay. I hear messages from my workers and eventually I hear crossing gate next time.

I think that simple solution for that (and not only that) issue whould be to pause the game during cinematics.

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Fri, 18. Aug 17, 06:52

What I meant is (if using the experimental jumpdrive) to jump again to the desired destination after you've ended up lost in space - that jumpdrive doesn't care where you start from, only about the destination, so (theoretically) you should be able to "return to known space" as it were after being dumped in or near the central regions of nowhere in particular... You'd simply need to wait out the drive's cooldown period and then engage it again at a desired destination. (Without the experimental jumpdrive, being thrown into deep, uncharted space by a jumpgate/superhighway, as has been known to happen occasionally through a bug similar or same to the one you describe, is terminal and requires a reload of a prior save.)

EDIT: Having re-read your previous posts, I am a little confused - you mention both the jumpdrive AND gate-based jumping, so I'm not sure which you are actually referring to here. Just to clarify: using the experimental jumpdrive does not involve using a departure gate, only an arrival one, allowing you to jump from literally anywhere (you "bring your own gate", so to speak.) If jumping "conventionally" via paired gates, then yes, the problem you describe is vexing indeed!
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 18. Aug 17, 14:20

Above 4 posts split from original 'Another Gate Open' mission gameplay thread in XR Universe as this may end up in XR Tech Sp as a bug report.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”