Atack in Finland 2 dead

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

muppetts
x3tc

Atack in Finland 2 dead

Post by muppetts » Fri, 18. Aug 17, 18:09

8 stabbed 2 dead (latest) The insinuation is that it is linked to terror but not confirmed

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-40978446

Police said they shot the man who attacked several people in the south-western city of Turku.

He has been taken into custody after being shot in the leg, police say.

The incident reportedly took place in the Puutori-Market Square area. Police have warned other attackers may remain at large, and asked people to stay away from the city centre.
VURT The only Feathers to Fly With......

JSDD
x3tc

Post by JSDD » Fri, 18. Aug 17, 18:17

i'm sure he'll enjoy prison :roll: he'll likely have many (boy)friends .. maybe that's want he imagined as "paradise"
To err is human. To really foul things up you need a computer.
Irren ist menschlich. Aber wenn man richtig Fehler machen will, braucht man einen Computer.

Mission Director Beispiele

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Fri, 18. Aug 17, 19:45

It now seems that events started at the Market Square, then proceeded to the other square and the police apprehended a suspect within minutes therein.

The police did report 8 victims, out of which 2 dead, but a rep of hospital said that 9 patients have been taken in, out of which one is dead. The suspect is hospitalized and yet not identified.

Earlier, local news claimed that there was a covered body on at least one of the squares. As such the counts of deaths are not conflicting.

It seems quite likely that there were no more than one perpetrator. Surveillance video coverage of the market square is supposedly guite good.

Morkonan
x3tc

Re: Atack in Finland 2 dead

Post by Morkonan » Sat, 19. Aug 17, 23:44

muppetts wrote:...He has been taken into custody after being shot in the leg, police say...
I saw a picture of him as he was being put in an ambulance, supposedly. I haven't tried to verify the authenticity of the photo, maybe someone can confirm?

Anyway, it appears he was, indeed, shot in the leg - His "third leg." IOW - Butters must be a Finnish policeman.

TLDR - They shot him in the pee-pee. His wanker. His favorite toy. His Johnson...

Ouch. I can't confirm that's the case, but the pic I saw seemed to indicate that.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sun, 20. Aug 17, 13:13

The official statements all use phrases: "lower part of the body" and "thigh". The police fired exactly one shot. Hitting the much larger object is plausible, don't you think?

The current charges are for two murders and eight attempted murders with terroristic intent.

Four persons linked to the attacker were arrested during Friday night and there is an APB for an out of country person.

Attacker targeted women; the two injured men tried to help a victim/slow down the attacker.

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Sun, 20. Aug 17, 21:56

jlehtone wrote:The official statements all use phrases: "lower part of the body" and "thigh". The police fired exactly one shot. Hitting the much larger object is plausible, don't you think?...
Here's the pic I saw, if you're brave enough.

(Warning: Blood, adult language)

http://i.imgur.com/jO2mJdF.jpg

I can't verify the authenticity of this photo. I could not find an unedited one. From the little I could research, the clothing and wound location seems to match some photos I saw taken on the scene, but that obscured the upper body.

It doesn't matter to me where he was shot, really. He appeared to be attacking women, so perhaps it's poetic justice? In any event, what matters is that he was stopped.

Return to “Off Topic English”