Random News not worthy of own thread

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Bishop149
x3

Post by Bishop149 » Fri, 11. Aug 17, 14:00

Lol, you couldn't make it up.
Actually you could . . . . . if you were a Sitcom writer. :roll:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 87876.html
"Shoot for the Moon. If you miss, you'll end up co-orbiting the Sun alongside Earth, living out your days alone in the void within sight of the lush, welcoming home you left behind." - XKCD

clakclak
x3

Post by clakclak » Fri, 11. Aug 17, 14:25

Bishop149 wrote:Lol, you couldn't make it up.

Oh the irony.
"The problem with gender is that it prescribes how we should be rather than recognizing how we are. Imagine how much happier we would be, how much freer to be our true individual selves, if we didn't have the weight of gender expectations." - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Mon, 14. Aug 17, 23:00

clakclak wrote:
Bishop149 wrote:Lol, you couldn't make it up.

Oh the irony.
Once again, the Universe reminds us that people have the right to be stupid, just so long as it doesn't effect anyone else, and that we have the right to laugh at them...

But, that ship, unpowered, does represent a navigation hazard. If they can't get it powered or anchored, they'll have to be towed.

If there is true justice, however elusive in the universe, their toilets will back up and they'll all get dysentery before they reach port, safely. :)

clakclak
x3

Post by clakclak » Sun, 20. Aug 17, 18:18

Level A journalism. Did you know world cup winning footballplayer Lukas Podolski is now a gangster smuggeling refugees. Podolski seemed rather suprised to hear that.

Edit: German sources say that Podolski plans to sue them now.
"The problem with gender is that it prescribes how we should be rather than recognizing how we are. Imagine how much happier we would be, how much freer to be our true individual selves, if we didn't have the weight of gender expectations." - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Mon, 21. Aug 17, 11:34

The following is what happens on Monday mornings on highways in Canada, when two drivers come into conflict with each other. Fortunately, a police officer was there to break up the fight. Warning it's rather graphic and has some language:

RAW: Toronto road rage caught on camera
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Mon, 21. Aug 17, 15:21

HTC Vive vr set gets a permanent price drop

https://www.vrfocus.com/2017/08/htc-viv ... ride-drop/

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Tue, 22. Aug 17, 02:20

X2-Illuminatus wrote:The following is what happens on Monday mornings on highways in Canada, when two drivers come into conflict with each other. Fortunately, a police officer was there to break up the fight. Warning it's rather graphic and has some language:

Wow, that was intense! Can anyone with a Canada IP verify that this vid has been banned in Canada?
burger1 wrote:HTC Vive vr set gets a permanent price drop

https://www.vrfocus.com/2017/08/htc-viv ... ride-drop/
Ooooh... Price war?

What's their monetization plan, then? Licensing fees if they get market share? Subscription models of some sort? Economy of scale profits... they hope?

I don't necessarily think this is the best way to compete. Price is a factor, but content access truly shapes the market.

clakclak
x3

Post by clakclak » Tue, 22. Aug 17, 16:11

X2-Illuminatus wrote:The following is what happens on Monday mornings on highways in Canada, when two drivers come into conflict with each other. Fortunately, a police officer was there to break up the fight. Warning it's rather graphic and has some language:

I do love Canada. :lol:

Bishop149
x3

Post by Bishop149 » Tue, 22. Aug 17, 16:26

clakclak wrote:I do love Canada. :lol:
By way of contrast.
I go to America about once a year for a week or two on business.
On two of these occasions I have gotten stuck in a ridiculous traffic jam the cause of which turned out to be . . . .[drumroll]. . . . a road rage incident escalating into a firearm homicide and thus turning a whole section of freeway into a crime scene.
Maybe I've just been unlucky . . . . .
"Shoot for the Moon. If you miss, you'll end up co-orbiting the Sun alongside Earth, living out your days alone in the void within sight of the lush, welcoming home you left behind." - XKCD

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Tue, 22. Aug 17, 17:21

Bishop149 wrote:...Maybe I've just been unlucky . . . . .
Unlucky! I should say so! Those confrontations were the joy of my daily commute! You deserved more than just two!

If you were a US citizen, you could write your Congressperson and complain. They'd send you a complimentary firearm (18+ only), a beer (Gov't beer is the worst, though) and a box of condoms... (Unrelated, don't know why, since they appear to go together in some States fairly naturally)

InFlamesForEver
x3tc

Post by InFlamesForEver » Tue, 22. Aug 17, 18:53

Bishop149 wrote:
clakclak wrote:I do love Canada. :lol:
By way of contrast.
I go to America about once a year for a week or two on business.
On two of these occasions I have gotten stuck in a ridiculous traffic jam the cause of which turned out to be . . . .[drumroll]. . . . a road rage incident escalating into a firearm homicide and thus turning a whole section of freeway into a crime scene.
Maybe I've just been unlucky . . . . .
Sounds like a perfectly reasonable response :roll:
In Flames We Trust
Listening to Whitechapel soothes the soul!! :D     ¹ ¤ ¹      But, the nuns are watching...
Samuel Creshal wrote:Keyboards: What separates the men from the boys.
XRM Trailer - XRM Installation Guide Video

clakclak
x3

Post by clakclak » Thu, 24. Aug 17, 01:01

Till today I always thought somebody saying: "The old people are sucking the life out of the young", was a metaphor.

Apparently I was wrong.

Ambrosia: the startup harvesting the blood of the young (to sell it as an anti-aging product). The best part? If you donate blood right now in that area there is a chance it is getting sold without you knowing. You go to donate blood because you think it will help patients in desperate need for it, but nope it is sold as an hyper expansive anti-aging serum to the rich.

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Fri, 25. Aug 17, 09:27

It looks like there will be a Fallout 4 vr edition in December

http://store.steampowered.com/app/611660/Fallout_4_VR/

Golden_Gonads
x3tc

Post by Golden_Gonads » Fri, 25. Aug 17, 17:23

burger1 wrote:It looks like there will be a Fallout 4 vr edition in December

http://store.steampowered.com/app/611660/Fallout_4_VR/
At full price with none of the DLC included. The DLC may be released later (and then again, it may not).

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Sun, 27. Aug 17, 00:17

In honor of "National Dog Day" in the U.S.!

The Hound from Game of Thrones. ;)

Oh, and here's a puppy: Give your pup some extra love today!

korio
Moderator (Español)
Moderator (Español)
x4

Post by korio » Mon, 28. Aug 17, 14:19

Chuck norris is.......

NOT DEAD, after recovering from two consecutive hearth attacks in less than an hour.

Seems like he is stronger than Death!!!

birdtable
x4

Post by birdtable » Mon, 28. Aug 17, 17:04

O my God ... not a "Hearth Attack" ... yes he was savaged by a rug and a magazine rack,,, Quoted later, Chuck said that "he was lucky, the rug was not of the best quality and would not have reflected well on my stinginess come the inquest"...... :) :)

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Mon, 28. Aug 17, 22:02

something something carpet tunnel syndrome something something

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Tue, 29. Aug 17, 00:02

This just in: North Korea Launches Unidentified Projectile

Video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1ExEwjb1xE

/sigh

Getting a bit tired of DPRK launching stuffs.

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Tue, 29. Aug 17, 13:36

Not sure if this is funny, or just plain bloody silly, got this story on fox news in the UK,

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4327162/s ... r-eclipse/

Basically, some people who didn't get special lenses to watch the solar eclipse in the USA, resorted to using sunscreen in their eyes!!!

Now those people are having eye problems. :lol:

That is just so silly of some people. Anyway, thought I would share.
=

Return to “Off Topic English”