Issues transferring wares using Oculus Rift/HOTAS - All resolved now

Feedback and information for X Rebirth VR Edition

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

birdtable
x4

Issues transferring wares using Oculus Rift/HOTAS - All resolved now

Post by birdtable » Fri, 18. Aug 17, 14:59

When I try to transfer wares using Hotas/VR screen locks in transfer window ...transfer works fine in flat 2d using mouse.... Tried in zone, out zone, hail and comms through captain but always locks .. any advice or bug..?

EDIT ...also the ok or cancel buttons (transfers) can not be accessed and when trading the ok / cancel buttons both cannot be highlighted but on key press.... ok is the automatic outcome.

birdtable
x4

Post by birdtable » Sat, 19. Aug 17, 15:37

SOLVED ....
Thanks to X2-Illuminatus on the German forum with his suggestion to load using the Oculus.exe in the Steam Folder all apparent issues with key commands have been cleared .... :) :thumb_up:

birdtable
x4

Issues transferring wares using Oculus Rift/HOTAS - Resolved ..Well Not Quite

Post by birdtable » Sat, 19. Aug 17, 20:28

Still cannot transfer goods using X52 pro +Rift
Much to my great disappointment what I thought I had fixed is not,, I can transfer from the salvage vessel to the captured ship but not the other way.
It works both ways if I lift rift and use keyboard or mouse in 2D but not using X52.
Transfer screen freezes when trying to use slider... If I use mouse or keyboard no problem .
Have to exit game using menu and reload
There is a number 4 which refuses to react to the button that works on every other 4 ...
Loading from Oculus exe cured a lot but not this.
Well frustrated but early access, will end my journey through VR ,,, hopefully the next update/fix will sort this...... :cry:

RATAK
x3tc

Post by RATAK » Sun, 20. Aug 17, 23:55

I had the same problem when trnsfering goods, it looks like it is related to the UI, you have 2 buttons one is mapped as "alt" in menues, and the trigger which is the OK. When you want to transfer goods, first a menu with the quantity shows up, if you press the trigger button the UI freezes, but if you press the "alt" button which allows you to select buttons first, and also the slider, navigate to the OK button and press OK, then it will work. It is a very frustrating bug, when that happens you need to exit and reload the game, losing your save.

florianlt
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by florianlt » Tue, 22. Aug 17, 11:00

Thanks for the report, I'll let you know here when there is an update on the issue.

florianlt
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by florianlt » Mon, 28. Aug 17, 11:26

I'm sorry but I was not able to reproduce the issue.

Could you please upload a savegame and your inputmap.xml somewhere and provide me with the link or send me a PM with the files attached.

Thank you.

birdtable
x4

Post by birdtable » Mon, 28. Aug 17, 14:16

Hi floriant,, what I will do is start a new game free of any mods and as soon as I get to a position where I cannot use the interact button with a X 52 pro HOTAS I will send relevant file ... Hope you find that satisfactory .. :thumb_up:

birdtable
x4

Post by birdtable » Mon, 28. Aug 17, 15:28

Well that did not take long ... Start new game , open zone map, click on Skunk, interact 4 nothing, press 4 keyboard ..info,,,
Click on any ship in zone,, info,, click on ship,, click 4 show on map ,, now 4 details ,,, nothing ..4 on keyboard info.

Edit ,,, Normal ..Free Play

florianlt
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by florianlt » Tue, 29. Aug 17, 08:21

Did you try to send me the file? I did not receive anything.

birdtable
x4

Post by birdtable » Tue, 29. Aug 17, 08:47

Hi Florianit ,,,, No file to send ...just start a new game .... first thing as already mentioned .. just open the zone map and click .. it is the interact with 4 which fails in different locations,,, cannot interact with main screen when emergency message, transfer wares from ship to ship because menu freezes (key 4)... Interact works on most occasions just on certain interactions does not,, but works fine if use keyboard (4) it is only when linked with a 4...... ,, I can do everything else with X 52 pro except type and interact with 4 in certain menus......
Will send save after 60 secs gameplay later today... OK .. :)

florianlt
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by florianlt » Tue, 29. Aug 17, 09:04

No need for a savegame right after gamestart, but still would like to take a look at your inputmap.xml (it's in the XR VR folder in the egosoft folder in your documents).

Also the issue with not being able to interact with the 4th button in menus sounds different than the original issue you reported. (There is no button with the 4 hotkey in the trade transaction menu.)

birdtable
x4

Post by birdtable » Tue, 29. Aug 17, 10:38

Thanks florianit ... My error in HOTAS setup, ..... Will teach me to triple check set up in future .... :)

SORTED ..

Return to “X Rebirth VR Edition”