Cargo lost bug

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

pasmon

Cargo lost bug

Post by pasmon » Thu, 24. Aug 17, 10:39

I was transporting space fuel via my Mercury from Harron Nebula to pirate base in Attreus Cloud. Sometimes the cargo disappears from the freighter during transit, which is recovered only by reloading.

This happened again while fiddling the same freighter using CLS MK2 software.
Does anyone notice this bug with some other cargo? My game version is 3.1.0.0.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 24. Aug 17, 15:03

That trade route sees Spacefuel being an illegal good throughout the journey. If your trade ship is scanned by police or customs anywhere on that route then it is forced to eject the illegal cargo and carry on without it.

Relevant FAQ.

I know that Argons made the stuff, but theirs are licenced distilleries that are supposed to sell booze to licenced traders only (ie not the player and not for supplying to pirate bases).

Moving from Tech Sp to Universe (gameplay) forum.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Thu, 24. Aug 17, 16:57

As Alan already explained, that's not a bug, just a consequence that smugglers are going to face.

Use a small, fast, ship. Chances of getting scanned are reduced to near zero, and if it does get scanned the loss is minimal. A freighter parked at the distillery with CLS making big purchases when the stock is cheap, with a handful of M5 smugglers loading from the freighter and making the deliveries will work really well for the local pirate bases.

For big deliveries to pirate factories that use it as a resource, make sure your delivery ship has a jump drive and fuel so that it can jump out of Herron's and into pirate space as soon as it loads. The exposure before the jump is really brief. Not totally foolproof, but interception losses should be almost non-existent.
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Thu, 24. Aug 17, 18:54

Tips for smuggling, hehehe. I have an idea to test, but since I'm currently immersed in Rebirth I won't have a chance to test this for a while, but it sounds possibly doable. Here's what I'm thinking: when smuggling in person, a good way is to use a "false bottom" - the contraband is loaded onto a docked fighter, and is then scan-proof. How about automating this with CLS2?

- TM docks at the distillery (or spaceweed plant)
- TM loads the contraband, up to a cargo limit that can fit in the docked fighter
- TM unloads the stash onto the docked fighter
- TM docks at destination station
- TM loads the contraband from the fighter
- TM sells the booze/drugs to the client
- Cycle repeats

What do you think, Tim? Do you think this might work? (The potential hiccup I can see is maybe, once the stuff has been transferred from the TM's hold to the fighter's, if there's more available at the distillery/bliss place it might pick it up too - so a fighter with a decent hold would be required, say a Kea or something, to get around this...)
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Fri, 25. Aug 17, 00:45

RAVEN.myst wrote:Tips for smuggling, hehehe. I have an idea to test, but since I'm currently immersed in Rebirth I won't have a chance to test this for a while, but it sounds possibly doable. Here's what I'm thinking: when smuggling in person, a good way is to use a "false bottom" - the contraband is loaded onto a docked fighter, and is then scan-proof. How about automating this with CLS2?

- TM docks at the distillery (or spaceweed plant)
- TM loads the contraband, up to a cargo limit that can fit in the docked fighter
- TM unloads the stash onto the docked fighter
- TM docks at destination station
- TM loads the contraband from the fighter
- TM sells the booze/drugs to the client
- Cycle repeats

What do you think, Tim? Do you think this might work? (The potential hiccup I can see is maybe, once the stuff has been transferred from the TM's hold to the fighter's, if there's more available at the distillery/bliss place it might pick it up too - so a fighter with a decent hold would be required, say a Kea or something, to get around this...)
Tried at length, never made it work. Part of the reason that transport docked ships don't get scanned is because they don't show up as "in the sector." The TM CLS can't be effectively automated to do freight transfers, at least in any sequence I could think of.

I did have some success with CLS fighters that would load from the TM they were on, but never had any success automating getting them to give the stuff back at a useful time. They either did a continuous back and forth transfer, or they just latched on and held the goods.

Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Fri, 25. Aug 17, 01:35

Timsup2nothin wrote:Part of the reason that transport docked ships don't get scanned is because they don't show up as "in the sector."
Ah, ok - I thought that because a station-docked ship can be used as a waypoint, so could a ship-docked one, but from what you say, they are actually handled somewhat differently - so I take it when they are docked on a carrier they don't show up on the list of possible "Add ship" parameters. I assume you tried keeping the fighter separate while drawing up the route and then docking it?

Well, it was a thought, and worth the try - thanks! :)
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Fri, 25. Aug 17, 02:51

RAVEN.myst wrote:
Timsup2nothin wrote:Part of the reason that transport docked ships don't get scanned is because they don't show up as "in the sector."
Ah, ok - I thought that because a station-docked ship can be used as a waypoint, so could a ship-docked one, but from what you say, they are actually handled somewhat differently - so I take it when they are docked on a carrier they don't show up on the list of possible "Add ship" parameters. I assume you tried keeping the fighter separate while drawing up the route and then docking it?

Well, it was a thought, and worth the try - thanks! :)
Oh yeah, you can get them on the waypoint list. The problem seems to be that when the CLS gets around to looking for them it can't find them. Even if you, for example, have a CLS piloted fighter that could dock at the TM and do a freight transfer to another docked fighter (like they will if the target ship is docked at a station) they seem unable to find the ship and they just move on down their waypoint list.

There's a thread somewhere from me and a handful of other guys banging ideas together on it, and we never got anywhere...but I do still think about it now and then.

Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”