station purchase please help

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

hyweljamesmartin

station purchase please help

Post by hyweljamesmartin » Sat, 9. Sep 17, 17:52

I'm new to this version of the game but no to the X universe however its been some time since I ws here last. I'm unable to purchase a station and I don't know why I can anyone help?

my rank is argon federation guardian (L)
and my trade rank is wholesaler and militant

Bill Huntington
x3tc

Post by Bill Huntington » Sat, 9. Sep 17, 17:58

Welcome back!

If you have your own TL in a SY (Shipyard), it's pretty straightforward. Access SY, select station, buy station, load station in TL.

It's a pain to hire a TL but you can.
Bill in S.F., enjoying the game

hyweljamesmartin

Post by hyweljamesmartin » Sat, 9. Sep 17, 18:41

Thanks, I have missed the game quiet a bit to be honest. all the stations are red in colour and won't let me purchase, even though the forums say my reputation is high enough.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sat, 9. Sep 17, 20:08

Check your friend/foe settings. If you have Argon set to "hostile" in the ship you're flying then all their stations will show as red--this is because your ship sees them as hostile, not that they are actually hostile to you.

hyweljamesmartin

Post by hyweljamesmartin » Sat, 9. Sep 17, 23:37

Hi thanks for response, the stationisnt set to foe, I have bought ships from there, just can't buy stations even though my rep is at the right level???

hence my extreme confusion :)

Cpt.Jericho
x3tc

Post by Cpt.Jericho » Sun, 10. Sep 17, 00:03

Since X3 also race reputation is part of the equation. With your Argon Reputation you can buy stations from the Argons. But that does not mean that you can buy station from other races.
Winner of 350 Mil class of X-Verse Fleet Fest Italiano
Boycotting Steam since 2003

hyweljamesmartin

Post by hyweljamesmartin » Sun, 10. Sep 17, 00:14

I can't buy from the argons thats the issue

Cpt.Jericho
x3tc

Post by Cpt.Jericho » Sun, 10. Sep 17, 00:17

Then the tips above should work. Basically it still works like in older versions of X: Get a TL docked to the shipyard and open the trade menu of said station.[/u]

hyweljamesmartin

Post by hyweljamesmartin » Sun, 10. Sep 17, 00:34

thanks guys for the assist, I reward you with 250000 credits :)

I was thinking the mammoth had landed but it hadn't :)

Cpt.Jericho
x3tc

Post by Cpt.Jericho » Sun, 10. Sep 17, 00:51

Just to earn a bonus: Being out of system (OOS) can speed up TLs docking. :teldadi:

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Sun, 10. Sep 17, 14:24

Cpt.Jericho wrote:Just to earn a bonus: Being out of system (OOS) can speed up TLs docking. :teldadi:
A note on this for TC: Being OS is critical whenever any TL is undocking. It's practically mandatory, or should be. TLs will frequently undock from a shipyard, with collisions on (due to player IS) and then collide with the station. The result is a practically instantaneous loss of the ship and its cargo.

Certain stations are more susceptible to this than others, due to their hitboxes. But, as a general rule of thumb, anytime the player has their TL or a hired one undocking from a station, they should be OS.

(It's probably the Taledi's fault, since people replacing destroyed ships means more profitssss.)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”