[TC]Factory Hijack bug

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

ajime
x4

[TC]Factory Hijack bug

Post by ajime » Thu, 14. Sep 17, 14:50

I saw a rare argon mammoth carrying Swarm missile production complex in Enduring light probably heading treasure chest. I was hoping it had typhoon missile + wasp on it(as per encylopedia) guess it didn't. The next thing is the ship is haunted and moving by itself even after transferred control via boarding party. Unless you're driving it by yourself(and still get steering only under your control). Happened to anyone else?

Im still eyeing for them terran Ice Miner,IBL forge but, Ghoul fabs but darn they ain't coming anytime soon i guess. :D

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Thu, 14. Sep 17, 16:18

Yeah, I heard there are control issues with TLs that are carrying stations to destinations in TC. That appears to be fixed with AP. I went after a TL with a "medium shield complex" on board and gained control of it just fine.

The bad news is, the station turned out to be just a 25mj shield factory. So I think your "Swarm missile complex" could be just a single missile factory as well.

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Thu, 14. Sep 17, 16:37

It sounds to me like that TL was carrying an NPC factory for deployment to replace a removed one (either via combat or by being GoDed), and that the navigation script doesn't stop once you take control (similarly to a similar issue with Tyrs at the end of the Balance of Power plot, also in X3TC) - so I suspect it's exactly as Jimmy C says, an issue in TC (which was corrected in AP - and which, thank you Jimmy, for reminding me of this: I may, in my next X3AP playthrough, take a pirate theme to the next level, which would include even only setting up stolen stations; they are very rare, though, but I guess I'll be paying close attention to NPC TLs - which, as a pirate, I probably ought to be doing in any case... :twisted: )
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 14. Sep 17, 19:12

RAVEN.myst wrote:...I may, in my next X3AP playthrough, take a pirate theme to the next level, which would include even only setting up stolen stations; they are very rare, though...
And the rarety will somewhat depend on how many factories you and your fellow pirates blow up. :pirat:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Thu, 14. Sep 17, 19:36

Nanook wrote:
RAVEN.myst wrote:...I may, in my next X3AP playthrough, take a pirate theme to the next level, which would include even only setting up stolen stations; they are very rare, though...
And the rarety will somewhat depend on how many factories you and your fellow pirates blow up. :pirat:
Yes, that thought HAD occurred to me... :D I need to encourage the nations to keep their stations up to date and in good repair, by making sure that those that are starting to show their age and bring down the neighbourhood (not to mention are possibly no longer quite compliant with health and safety regulations) are expeditiously cleared away for renewal. As a bonus, I will be helping to clear whatever litter results from the thoughtless hoarding of past-expiry goods on said stations... (Sadly, there's nothing I can do about certain structural elements, wish that I could - but then again, my munificence can only go SO far, they can't expect me to do EVERYthing, now can they? :P )

(This reminds me of an old Magic: The Gathering blue card which had to do with piracy of sorts: its flavour text made claims about "stimulating the local economy")
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”