421 not start on oculus - Resolved by system reinstall.

Feedback and information for X Rebirth VR Edition

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

bakterius
x4

421 not start on oculus - Resolved by system reinstall.

Post by bakterius » Fri, 15. Sep 17, 09:14

Bugs are OK in early acces.. but when I cant run game, this is not bug. I have oculus version with latest drivers with nvidia drivers too, and after starting game in 10 seconds game STOP working... reply on oculus home is not too flexible.... I delete game and download again and not help :evil:
Intel core i9 10900K 5,7 GHz; 2x16 GB DDR4 GF Gigabite 4090 RTX; SSD M2 patriot 2TB, Samsung 4K 29", VALVE INDEX, SAITEK x52 PRO

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Fri, 15. Sep 17, 10:07

It's very hard to diagnose problems with so little information. Could you perhaps start by providing a [url=http://www.egosoft.com/support/faq/faq_answer_en.php?answer=610&version=8][b]DX[/b][b]D[/b]iag[/url] report so that we can at least see what kind of system you are trying to run the game on, and confirm things like driver versions? Note that a brief summary like the one in your signature is not really sufficient for this.

rboerdijk
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by rboerdijk » Fri, 15. Sep 17, 13:47

Also run "Vulkaninfo" ( with K not with C! ) and post the entire output.

To do that, in the console-window which is opened by vulkaninfo, press CTRL+A, CTRL+C (to select-all and copy) and then CTRL+V (paste) it in the forum.

Also please specify what "Stop working" means... e.g.
- Does it crash? (if so, please provide crashdumps )
- Do you get a fatalerror dialog? (if so, please specify errormessage)
- Does the screen freeze? (if so, please specify what you are seeing)
- Did it ever work for you before (or did it never start? )

bakterius
x4

Post by bakterius » Sat, 16. Sep 17, 23:38

I reinstall system and trying clear installation.. finaly works.. Other VR games working perfectly before, only this start works after reinstall system. Great flying feel, but walking on stations makes me sick.
Intel core i9 10900K 5,7 GHz; 2x16 GB DDR4 GF Gigabite 4090 RTX; SSD M2 patriot 2TB, Samsung 4K 29", VALVE INDEX, SAITEK x52 PRO

rboerdijk
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by rboerdijk » Mon, 18. Sep 17, 10:30

Glad to hear it works!

Our game uses Vulkan and only a few games use that, so it sounds like something was not correct on your system, probablyrelated to the Vulkan runtime. I've seen situations where - even though the correct Vulkan runtime was installed - the vulkan version which installed by default with Windows 10 was used. Default is 1.0.3 by the way, which is so old that it's basically unusable. Current NVidia/ATI drivers install +/- 1.0.51.

>Other VR games working perfectly before,
Out of curiousity, as far as I know XR-VR is the only Vulkan-VR game. If I may ask, which other Vulkan-VR game did you play, which did work ?

Return to “X Rebirth VR Edition”