[4.21] BUG? - Tutorial, mission marker, making money

Feedback and information for X Rebirth VR Edition

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

KMD
x3

[4.21] BUG? - Tutorial, mission marker, making money

Post by KMD » Fri, 15. Sep 17, 08:05

Right in the beginning of the tutorial I am asked to make money. So I looked at the black board: Only difficult and very difficult missions. I changed the sector and found a mission with medium difficulty: Transport someone from A to B. I accepted but I could not find the pick-up station. The yellow mission marker always turned in circles or guided me to my own position. The name of the station was not on the sector map, as I was new to the sector and didn't discover the map yet. So no chance. The mission failed while I was still searching for my passenger.

Is it a bug that the mission marker didn't show the direction? Or is it the meaning of the game, that you must find all mission objects yourself and cannot take any transport missions as long as you didn't discover the whole galaxy? My car already has a navi, so I hope my space ship will have one too...

I later tried to make money with killing enemies around stations. They always thanked me and talked about a reward, but no credits arrived on my account.

Then I took another mission: Find containers and bring them home. The mission marker guided me to a point, somewhere 400km out in empty space. I don't know how many hours I must fly to get there. I cannot even open a menu and do some organising as all flight controls including my engines always stop when I open a menu. Should it be fun just to sit there and wait until the Skunk has made 400km???
Let's rock the Universe!

Ezarkal
x4

Re: [4.21] BUG? - Tutorial, mission marker, making money

Post by Ezarkal » Fri, 15. Sep 17, 17:32

KMD wrote:I cannot even open a menu and do some organising as all flight controls including my engines always stop when I open a menu. Should it be fun just to sit there and wait until the Skunk has made 400km???
There should be an option to allow you to do that that somewhere in the game settings menu. I forgot the exact name, though.
Still, 400 km is pretty frigging far. Boosters should get you there in a few minutes, but I don't get why it would be that far in the first place...

Although there are a few systems where it could make sense. Some systems have pretty huge areas for you to explore by standard methods (by standard, I mean no highway), with zones that are pretty far from civilisation. So your "empty space" might just be close to a very remote zone.
Spoiler
Show
Torride, Cold Star and FoO are such systems. One of HoL's sectors also has a good place for exploration.

Edit: typos
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

Wavey
xr

Post by Wavey » Fri, 15. Sep 17, 18:08

When you get that mission to make money you should have a cargoship full of food rations .Find a good place to sell them and you will hit the amount specified,unless you have spent loads :)
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

KMD
x3

Post by KMD » Mon, 18. Sep 17, 15:29

No, it was right after the tutorial. Jump thru the gate. Kill 3 enemy ships and then "look at the black board to make 205 000 credits". I just own the Skunk in its original state, no other ships. The sector was empty as far I could see. I took a highway to the next zone but no missions either. So I took the highway back and jumped back thru the gate to find missions at the near station where I came from.

As I do not have better weapons and no cargo ship, I tried to find transport missions or lost container missions. I tried four of them. All no chance because of ridiculous distance (400km and 730km, which is unreachable without upgrades) or docking points that I couldn't find.

I also didn't find any option to keep the ship going while opening menues.

(XRVR is not playable at the moment and I gave up ) :(
Let's rock the Universe!

Boeng01
x4

Post by Boeng01 » Tue, 19. Sep 17, 11:28

KMD wrote:I also didn't find any option to keep the ship going while opening menues.
Intel Core I9 9900k @ 5GHz
32GB Corsair Dominator @ 3.6GHz CL15
ASUS WS Z390 pro
ASUS ROG Strix 2080ti

Samsung C49RG9 49" 32:9 - 5120x1440
Oculus Rift + Touch 3 Sensor Setup

Return to “X Rebirth VR Edition”