Returning after a long, long absence

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Sun, 17. Sep 17, 21:03

RAVEN.myst wrote:they're offered by NPCs that are permanently employed on the station: vendors (any NPC that you can buy/sell goods at, including recruitment officers and license brokers), and the occasional engineer or defense officer (if it's the one actually employed at that station to defend it.)
Hi,

as a note: the first type of NPCs have a square icon, the second a circle.

cu
Rainer

Kantall
x4

Post by Kantall » Tue, 19. Sep 17, 22:12

All the help so far has done me wonders, thankyou to everyone who has replied in this topic. I've now got 10+ stations and working on setting up my own little economy (Not in Defries, it went -awfully- there so I'll come back to that place later) but one thing I'd like to be able to do is set it so stations don't automaticlaly feed me profits. Is this possible?

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Tue, 19. Sep 17, 22:56

Kantall wrote:... one thing I'd like to be able to do is set it so stations don't automaticlaly feed me profits. Is this possible?
Not as far as I know - however, a manager sends profits once the station's credit balance exceeds a certain percentage over the set budget. Therefore, if you give the manager a huge budget, the transfers will be less frequent.
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Wed, 20. Sep 17, 05:23

RAVEN.myst wrote:
Kantall wrote:... one thing I'd like to be able to do is set it so stations don't automaticlaly feed me profits. Is this possible?
Not as far as I know - however, a manager sends profits once the station's credit balance exceeds a certain percentage over the set budget. Therefore, if you give the manager a huge budget, the transfers will be less frequent.
Hi,

ah, good to know. The manager in my solar power station in OL doesn't want any money, so he silently gives me anything he gets?

Am I right that the URVs from deVries have to be sold manually outside the system?

cu
Rainer

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Wed, 20. Sep 17, 06:04

RainerPrem wrote: The manager in my solar power station in OL doesn't want any money, so he silently gives me anything he gets?
That's odd, as energy plants still use food (BoFu in OmLy) as a secondary resource to boost production, and even though it's tiny amounts, it still goes into the budget, so I'm guessing that station of yours is *currently* not in need of any credits - but that will change. In any case, I recently experimented with a mining-only warehouse, the only station that truly needs no credits - setting no budget for it, its balance kept increasing without being transferred to me - I don't know whether it would keep increasing without limit, or whether at some point I would have received a transfer.
RainerPrem wrote:Am I right that the URVs from deVries have to be sold manually outside the system?
Unfortunately, yes - there is no way for a station to automatically sell its wares beyond its system. Incidentally, in my current game, the RoC shipyard at Damn Hot Air is buying my URVs consistently, so that Forge is ticking over non-stop and I don't have to manually export (and I'm not even selling to the other in-system shipyard at Extinct Torch, at this point, so I have that to look forward to, should I somehow end up saturating the one at DHA - though it's looking unlikely at the moment, as it keeps buying up and consuming the drones I manufacture.) The key is to make sure the shipyard also has the other resources it needs for ship construction - I'm providing it with RMPs, ScanArrs, PkGens, BOWs, MCs, and occasionally FRs (soon to be turned into a full-time unsupervised flow.)
-
-
-
The Write Stuff

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Wed, 20. Sep 17, 08:34

RAVEN.myst wrote:(and I'm not even selling to the other in-system shipyard at Extinct Torch, at this point, so I have that to look forward to, should I somehow end up saturating the one at DHA - though it's looking unlikely at the moment, as it keeps buying up and consuming the drones I manufacture.)
Unfortunately, even though the 2nd SY manufactures XL ships, it will only buy Mining Drones. I think this is a side effect of it not being able to build Medium ships. At least this was the case the last time I checked in v4.0, and I don't think it's mentioned in subsequent patch notes.

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Wed, 20. Sep 17, 09:35

RAVEN.myst wrote: ...

The key is to make sure the shipyard also has the other resources it needs for ship construction - I'm providing it with RMPs, ScanArrs, PkGens, BOWs, MCs, and occasionally FRs (soon to be turned into a full-time unsupervised flow.)
Hi,

that's manual trade? Or do you have that many factories in DV?

cu
Rainer

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Wed, 20. Sep 17, 13:19

Sparky Sparkycorp wrote:
RAVEN.myst wrote:(and I'm not even selling to the other in-system shipyard at Extinct Torch, at this point, so I have that to look forward to, should I somehow end up saturating the one at DHA - though it's looking unlikely at the moment, as it keeps buying up and consuming the drones I manufacture.)
Unfortunately, even though the 2nd SY manufactures XL ships, it will only buy Mining Drones. I think this is a side effect of it not being able to build Medium ships. At least this was the case the last time I checked in v4.0, and I don't think it's mentioned in subsequent patch notes.
Well, in my current game, the Extinct Torch SY has some modest buy orders up for a variety of things, including PFR, PkGen, FR, chips, some turrets, and a few other things. As for "not being able to build Medium ships", that surely can't be right - it's L-size that it misses, it has a M and a XL shipyard, and the M one is currently stalled pending those buy order wares mentioned above; also, I've on two or three previous occasions bought vast numbers of fighter from there for use against PMC Overwatch (currently, there are only 8 Hayabusas and 8 Drostans in stock - I had better open trade to that sector, as I am planning to hit Overwatch soon...) It's only a single M-shipyard, though, so its levels of demand are going to be quite low, unless I also buy Sucelluses (Sucelli?) from there... I'll post back once I have supplied those wares it craves - for all I know, maybe it gets stuck even when stocked...

RainerPrem wrote:
RAVEN.myst wrote: ...

The key is to make sure the shipyard also has the other resources it needs for ship construction - I'm providing it with RMPs, ScanArrs, PkGens, BOWs, MCs, and occasionally FRs (soon to be turned into a full-time unsupervised flow.)
that's manual trade? Or do you have that many factories in DV?
It's automatic - I have a full-fledged economy running in DeVries, all the way up to ArmsTech. This is my usual way to squeeze as much as possible out of a campaign playthrough :)
-
-
-
The Write Stuff

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Wed, 20. Sep 17, 13:59

RAVEN.myst wrote:Well, in my current game, the Extinct Torch SY has some modest buy orders up for a variety of things, including PFR, PkGen, FR, chips, some turrets, and a few other things.
Yeah, it buys the stuff needed for ship construction. I was just replying to the potential for it buying your URV Forge drones that you'd mentioned.
RAVEN.myst wrote: As for "not being able to build Medium ships", that surely can't be right - it's L-size that it misses.
Oops, yes, I'd written M by mistake instead of L. M ships being built by the same module as S ships.

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Wed, 20. Sep 17, 14:23

Sparky Sparkycorp wrote:
RAVEN.myst wrote:Well, in my current game, the Extinct Torch SY has some modest buy orders up for a variety of things, including PFR, PkGen, FR, chips, some turrets, and a few other things.
Yeah, it buys the stuff needed for ship construction. I was just replying to the potential for it buying your URV Forge drones that you'd mentioned.
Oh right, my mistake - yes, I don't expect much of a drone market there, indeed. Also, in the past I found the Extinct Torch SY to magically restock its drones (don't know whether that's changed - doubt it, though.) Am about to send in a manual shipment of parts there right now, though, to see what they build next - Mercancias, miners, or more fighters (I seem to vaguely recall, though I may be mistaken, that that shipyard only makes fighters, not civilian ships, despite having all those mining drones in stock - I do remember sending a bunch of M-miners there to equip drones onto them, and cursing mightily that there was [and STILL IS] no way to do this other than one by one...)
-
-
-
The Write Stuff

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Wed, 20. Sep 17, 17:54

RAVEN.myst wrote: Am about to send in a manual shipment of parts there right now, though, to see what they build next - Mercancias, miners, or more fighters (I seem to vaguely recall, though I may be mistaken, that that shipyard only makes fighters, not civilian ships, despite having all those mining drones in stock - I do remember sending a bunch of M-miners there to equip drones onto them, and cursing mightily that there was [and STILL IS] no way to do this other than one by one...)
Sadly, the only mining ships made by the Canterrans are the Onil Large ships.

Have you heard about the tragedy of Darth Extinct Torch The Shipyard? He could equip drones to mining ships made elsewhere, but not make his own. :)

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Wed, 20. Sep 17, 19:06

Sparky Sparkycorp wrote:
RAVEN.myst wrote: Am about to send in a manual shipment of parts there right now, though, to see what they build next - Mercancias, miners, or more fighters (I seem to vaguely recall, though I may be mistaken, that that shipyard only makes fighters, not civilian ships, despite having all those mining drones in stock - I do remember sending a bunch of M-miners there to equip drones onto them, and cursing mightily that there was [and STILL IS] no way to do this other than one by one...)
Sadly, the only mining ships made by the Canterrans are the Onil Large ships.

Have you heard about the tragedy of Darth Extinct Torch The Shipyard? He could equip drones to mining ships made elsewhere, but not make his own. :)
Yes, the exact same problem I had - now I prefer to rather dump a shipment of SMURVs/SCURVs to the DHA SY and quickly buy a batch of small mining ships before all those drones vanish.

Well, the DHA shipyard does also make the standard M-sized mining ships - in my current game, I have tons of Nudungs, Hymirs and a few Dwalins (that I had to buy when there was a shortage of Hymirs), operating in DeVries and all bought locally at DHA. Stocks have been replenished since (thanks to all the ScanArrs, PkGens, FR, PFRs, and RMPs I've been selling - but when production of some of those is being used only internally by me, the DHA shipwrights go hungry... hey, I can only do SO much for them! :P ), though I've shortened the supply of Hymirs again... (I'm using almost exclusively M-sized everythings in this game - economic flow is considerably smoother than when relying on capitals, and expansion is smoother too, of course - added a couple of mining modules to a station? Fine, just add a little miner or two, sorted! :) Adding modules to several stations simultaneously? Just watch a fleet of Mercancias containerships buzzing about everywhere, delivering RMP, FR, and BOW all at once, stocks permitting...)

As for the Onils, I actually rather like them - yes, they have smaller capacities (well, the mineral one does), but their faster speed allows the round trips to be made quicker to partially offset that. And their lower cost is appealing (though I'm currently waiting to have enough of something to supply that SY with for it to build my currently ordered one...)

As for the Extinct Torch SY: it does indeed appear that it can only make fighting ships (specifically Drostans and Hayabusas, looks like) - maybe it's because there's only one M-ship production module - perhaps those come in military and civilian versions (yellow and red likely indicates that distinction.)
-
-
-
The Write Stuff

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Thu, 21. Sep 17, 01:16

RAVEN.myst wrote: Well, the DHA shipyard does also make the standard M-sized mining ships - in my current game, I have tons of Nudungs, Hymirs and a few Dwalins (that I had to buy when there was a shortage of Hymirs), operating in DeVries and all bought locally at DHA.
Oh boy...I should really either check the wiki or in-game because I have locally-bought Dwalins working for my iURV Forge! Derp :oops:

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Thu, 21. Sep 17, 03:57

Well, don't feel bad :) - I think we're all only using M-sized freighters and miners since maybe, what, 3.5? Whenever it was that they were made viable with faster engines and the ability to boost out of trouble... Before that I, for one, was using capital ships exclusively, and it's only been really recently that I've gone almost completely "zippyconomy" - I'm sure I'm not alone in this "late blooming"... It's been quite a revelation - and I've been amazed at the low attrition rates, I would have expected far worse (I now buy more pilots than any other type of crew, by far, and I guess it's paying off!) - I'm even finding it worth the trouble to occasionally repair a damaged small freighter or trader (and even this happens rarely.)
-
-
-
The Write Stuff

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”