What happend to X3AP? - red saturated planet textures on Med Shader setting

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

ltgriffin
x4

What happend to X3AP? - red saturated planet textures on Med Shader setting

Post by ltgriffin » Sat, 23. Sep 17, 04:15

So it has been a while a few yrs since I played so I was going to do another play though,
what happen to the texture of the ship? Argon ships and stations has some some finish reflecting the New texture of the planet this Bright Pinkish red planet that is supposed to be earth? I cant even go into home of light its this RED/pinkish ball with all stations reflecting the planet back at the player. This needs to be fixed.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... 1142445808

Thank you for the amazing games Huge fan for yrs but please the change made to the textures hurts the eyes and makes the ship look bad.

ltgriffin
x4

Post by ltgriffin » Sat, 23. Sep 17, 05:20

After doing some testing turning the game all the way up on high planets are no longer PInkish/Red. Still need to fix the issue where med setting cause's planets to do that :D

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 23. Sep 17, 15:33

Have you verified your Steam gamefile caches for X3TC and X3AP separately?

If that doesn't help then I think that screenshot appears much like an issue with your graphics card and/or monitor settings to do with colour saturation and balance.

"This needs to be fixed.". Not really when you are the only player out of thousands that has reported having this issue.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

ltgriffin
x4

Post by ltgriffin » Sat, 23. Sep 17, 20:57

With the shader setting set to med is when I get planets and ships not looking correct. AMD Card all up to-date, All files current and checked. I just turned it up to high everything looks good. Been playing this for yrs never ran it on lower than high, with my new rig on reinstall for some reason it was not set to high. Now is all good. Thank you for your reply :D

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 23. Sep 17, 21:54

Heh, OK I admit it and you are quite correct. :oops:

As a test I used the in-game starting splash screen graphics setting to set shaders to medium and entered the game - everything is pink in Ianamus Zura! :D

I guess that with today's powerful cards, nobody uses medium shader settings any more. I'll inform the devs.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”