wanna get back into X rebirth but with some advice on mods please

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Nick 031287
x3tc

wanna get back into X rebirth but with some advice on mods please

Post by Nick 031287 » Fri, 29. Sep 17, 16:12

theres so many mods, many are outdated, obsolete etc. i just need help picking out mods that add new ships, new systems, and something that other NPC empires use them selves as well, something to make the universe more alive and more challanging.

anyone able to give me any suggestions?

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Fri, 29. Sep 17, 17:15

CWIR answer to most of your criterias, and adds many more things as well. (ships, challenge, wars, NPC expansions, xenon rampage, destructible stations, etc.)
I suggest looking up the wiki page of the mod and the mod's thread on this forum before you get started.

As for new ships/systems, you might want to check NZ-Wanderer's list. A personal suggestion (compatible with CWIR if you get the right files) would be "Lost Sectors". (New ships, sectors, factions, weapons & equipment, etc.)

New ships in both CWIR and Lost Sector are used actively by NPC factions.

Plus, "Silence you all", for sanity's sake.
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

Nick 031287
x3tc

Post by Nick 031287 » Fri, 29. Sep 17, 17:35

thanks, also trying to decide if its worth going through the campaign or just starting at freeplay.... hmmmm

i know with this mod and WWX you need to either to a non campaign start or install it after complete it so im wondering think its worth doing the campaign?

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Fri, 29. Sep 17, 17:41

That's up to you.

If you want to try CWIR, it is not compatible with the campaign. It can be installed once the campaign is finished, however. In DeVries, you won't get the special URV forge and the post campaign NPC stations, but you will still get the extra NPC shipyard, along with other more useful NPC stations.
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.

Nick 031287
x3tc

Post by Nick 031287 » Fri, 29. Sep 17, 18:07

Ezarkal wrote:That's up to you.

If you want to try CWIR, it is not compatible with the campaign. It can be installed once the campaign is finished, however. In DeVries, you won't get the special URV forge and the post campaign NPC stations, but you will still get the extra NPC shipyard, along with other more useful NPC stations.
arnt there mods that get Devries to rebuild stations?

i know theres a mod you can build the special URV forge

but Devries still builds their 2nd shipyard on a non campaign start?

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Fri, 29. Sep 17, 19:54

I know there are mods that allow you to get the URV forge added to the canteran' CV build list, but I'm pretty sure it will end up conflicting with CWIR, where the canteran's builder is already altered. I don't know for sure, though. Someone with actual modding skills might give you an exact answer. I'm just speculating.

(However, you could always start a fresh game with the URV-forge mod, build the station, then switch mods. It should work, I think.)

As for the mods that will build the other DV stations, I think they are actually gamestarts. I don't think any extra stations will get built otherwise. Here's the list of what you would miss.
With CWIR, You still get the extra shipyard, and in most games I've played a few OL and AL factions have built a few stations near the jumpgates to their respective systems. RoC itself will get a construction ship along with a few metal workyards and crystal suppliers.

Nick 031287
x3tc

Post by Nick 031287 » Fri, 29. Sep 17, 20:27

Ezarkal wrote:I know there are mods that allow you to get the URV forge added to the canteran' CV build list, but I'm pretty sure it will end up conflicting with CWIR, where the canteran's builder is already altered. I don't know for sure, though. Someone with actual modding skills might give you an exact answer. I'm just speculating.

(However, you could always start a fresh game with the URV-forge mod, build the station, then switch mods. It should work, I think.)

As for the mods that will build the other DV stations, I think they are actually gamestarts. I don't think any extra stations will get built otherwise. Here's the list of what you would miss.
With CWIR, You still get the extra shipyard, and in most games I've played a few OL and AL factions have built a few stations near the jumpgates to their respective systems. RoC itself will get a construction ship along with a few metal workyards and crystal suppliers.
yeah i had to look over mods i already installed and remove any that this big mod changed.

A.Persyn
x3tc

Advice

Post by A.Persyn » Tue, 3. Oct 17, 13:52

Simoom's Lantern has an option for adding in all the Canteran Plot Stations.

With CWIR installed, the factions are very active with building new stations, so it's not really necessary. The sectors where the plot stations are normally located usually get taken over by Xenon if those stations aren't there.

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”