Endgame automation

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

MrFiction
x3ap

Endgame automation

Post by MrFiction » Tue, 3. Oct 17, 14:09

One of the things I like to do in X games is to automate as much as possible. Things like universe traders, CLS, ships with explorer software and satellite deployers. I'm looking for possibilites in Rebirth. So far these are my observations, which are far from complete and might be incorrect.

- Scanning stations close to 100% becomes tedious. There is no explorer software but reaching a high reputation makes all stations visible to 100%, so this is not a problem.
- CAG trader: something similar is available by using a station with a (high skilled) manager, some cash and a ship with drones.
- Satellite deployer: not needed in Rebirth and would take the fun out of secret loot.

The main thing I'm missing is:
- Autotrader or CLS: AFAIK, not possible in Rebirth.

Suggestion on other things to automate?

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Re: Endgame automation

Post by RAVEN.myst » Tue, 3. Oct 17, 14:47

MrFiction wrote:One of the things I like to do in X games is to automate as much as possible. Things like universe traders, CLS, ships with explorer software and satellite deployers. I'm looking for possibilites in Rebirth. So far these are my observations, which are far from complete and might be incorrect.

- Scanning stations close to 100% becomes tedious. There is no explorer software but reaching a high reputation makes all stations visible to 100%, so this is not a problem.
- CAG trader: something similar is available by using a station with a (high skilled) manager, some cash and a ship with drones.
- Satellite deployer: not needed in Rebirth and would take the fun out of secret loot.

For me, a proper "CAG" type implementation would be great, and some form of "CLS", even if it only worked between warehouses (imagine, for example, setting up a warehouse in Cold Star where it can receive the special energy cells from all the CellFabs and the refined metals and silicon wafers, using a CLS equivalent ship it all to another warehouse in, say, Albion, and on the return trip bring back energy cells and food and what-not to supply those CellFabs and Metalworks Yards in Codl Star.)

Another big time-suck for me in the late game is personnel - with the sheer number of staff/crew members demanded by an ever-growing number of stations and ships, this grows almost exponentially, and would be a great candidate for automation, in my opinion.
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Wed, 4. Oct 17, 05:32

RAVEN.myst wrote:
MrFiction wrote:One of the things I like to do in X games is to automate as much as possible. Things like universe traders, CLS, ships with explorer software and satellite deployers. I'm looking for possibilites in Rebirth. So far these are my observations, which are far from complete and might be incorrect.

For me, a proper "CAG" type implementation would be great, and some form of "CLS", even if it only worked between warehouses (imagine, for example, setting up a warehouse in Cold Star where it can receive the special energy cells from all the CellFabs and the refined metals and silicon wafers, using a CLS equivalent ship it all to another warehouse in, say, Albion, and on the return trip bring back energy cells and food and what-not to supply those CellFabs and Metalworks Yards in Codl Star.)

Another big time-suck for me in the late game is personnel - with the sheer number of staff/crew members demanded by an ever-growing number of stations and ships, this grows almost exponentially, and would be a great candidate for automation, in my opinion.
Hi,

at the moment I'm rather assigning many M class freighters to a station than only a few XLs, so I won't need any staff for them. I'm still testing how much I need depending on the number of resources and products.

cu
Rainer

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Wed, 4. Oct 17, 07:14

RainerPrem wrote:at the moment I'm rather assigning many M class freighters to a station than only a few XLs, so I won't need any staff for them. I'm still testing how much I need depending on the number of resources and products.
I've also adopted that approach, but there IS staff to give those ships - decent pilots (albeit only one per ship - however, given that one tends to use more than one M-freighter per L/XL-freighter that would have been used, this sort of balances out.) I find that using M-sized freighters results in smoother operations. I tend to assign close to 1 of each cargo type per ware of that cargo type handled by the station.

incidentally, in case you don't know this (took me a while to figure it out), assigning pilots can only be done from the rear compartment of the Albino Skank. Use the "work somewhere else for me" option to assign them to a fighter/freighter in the same zone.
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Wed, 4. Oct 17, 08:09

RAVEN.myst wrote: ...

incidentally, in case you don't know this (took me a while to figure it out), assigning pilots can only be done from the rear compartment of the Albino Skank. Use the "work somewhere else for me" option to assign them to a fighter/freighter in the same zone.
Hi,

I know that, and it's a constant source of annoyance. IF that Yisha...thing would be able just to fly the Skunk for a moment, while I'm away from cockpit ...

cu
Rainer

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”