Why does the CV takes so long to build when it has all the goods for it ?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Browser_ice
x4

Why does the CV takes so long to build when it has all the goods for it ?

Post by Browser_ice » Fri, 6. Oct 17, 18:24

One other thing that I hate in XR is the CV talking so long to build things when it has all the ressources for it.

The plan construction says 2 min but it may wind up anywhere between 10 to 30 min to do.

Sometimes you have 3 identical modules you want to construct. It may construct one in the real time it said it would take while the other 2 will take over 10 min. Could happen to 2 of them or even all 3.

In general, it takes 5 to 10 times the indicated amount to build any modules.

It does not seam to be related to skills. I am using a bunch of Workshop MODs. I am building 2 stations and my 2 architects have 5 stars on their 3 primary skills. So it does not make sense it would take so long if they are supposed to be skilled experts.

I had the same issue when using Vanilla XR this week. My architect was not a 5 starts, but construction overtime was in general but on a few exceptions it was on the nail.
Steam X-Superbox, XR, playing X4
WIndows-10
Intel I7-3770
16Gb Memory
Nvgidia GTX-1060

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Fri, 6. Oct 17, 19:07

1- Do they have all the wares on board
2- Do they have enough construction URVs, and if so
3- How many of them are in use...

Also, keep in mind that the CV will only use the URVs on board when the build order is given. If you've just finishes building a module, have 30 URVs still outside limping back to the CV and only 2 on board when you give the next build order, then it will only use those last 2 URVs to build your next stage.

I recommend building while you're away from the station. Build your first stage, assign crew, ships, etc, then get somewhere else. Then give your build orders from a distance. Your URVs won't get "effectively" deployed, but still get counted for the build speed. You'll save time on URV deployment (on both time they need to get to the build site and come back), and get the additional bonus of not risking losing them in an attack. They will always be considered to be on-board for the next building order. (Unless you visited your construction site, which will have prompted the URVs to get deployed...)
If you have all wares on board, and 30-40 URVs on your CV, your storage modules and weapon platforms should build within a minute, and bigger production modules within 3-4 minutes using this method. I fully deployed an energy array within half an hour using this method 3 days ago.
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

Browser_ice
x4

Post by Browser_ice » Fri, 6. Oct 17, 19:20

1- Do they have all the wares on board
yes

2- Do they have enough construction URVs, and if so
I usually equip them with 50 or 20 at the very least (when I am short on money). Currently, 50.

3- How many of them are in use...
Currently, 43. It is building a warehouse liquid storage. Its at 55% and it is increasing 1% every 30-40 sec aprox.
Steam X-Superbox, XR, playing X4
WIndows-10
Intel I7-3770
16Gb Memory
Nvgidia GTX-1060

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Fri, 6. Oct 17, 20:06

Then it should only be a matter of doing the full build procedure when out of sight.

It's crazy how much difference it makes for station building and ship repairs.
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”