What now?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Elviscerate
x3tc

What now?

Post by Elviscerate » Mon, 9. Oct 17, 17:35

Hello,

After playing TC for about 80 hours (great game!), I've explored much of the Universe, setup up 15 Universal Traders, built some factories, did some corp quests and some plots. Money is flowing nicely, some of the random missions have rewards that go into millions so I can afford every ship (I think).

If I jump to Albion Prelude, are the changes/improvements sufficient for another play through? More hostile NPC, a factions conflict, some ships and some starbases seems insufficient to warrant a second playthrough without boredom kicking in.

My second option is installing Xtended or XRM, which, judging by what I've read, are total conversions that focus on major balance changes and improvements but generally keep the "flow" of the game unchanged.

The third one is Litcube, which, again from my understanding, feels more like a brand new game.

What do I do next? :)

Sorkvild
x3tc

Re: What now?

Post by Sorkvild » Mon, 9. Oct 17, 18:22

Elviscerate wrote: What do I do next? :)
You research what each mod from "holy trinity" exactly does and then you install one and play :)
There are major differences between them.
Elite Dangerous| I survived the Dragon Incident ... then I took an arrow to the knee
We want the Boron back!

Jack08
x3tc

Post by Jack08 » Mon, 9. Oct 17, 19:03

Play LU.

I'm totally not biased.

:D

--

The improvements to the map system alone were enough to sell me on buying AP, but my motivations were more from the modding perspective.
[ external image ]
"One sure mark of a fool is to dismiss anything that falls outside his experience as being impossible."
―Farengar Secret-Fire

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Mon, 9. Oct 17, 19:31

One of the design pillars of LU is to give you end game purpose so listen to Jack08.

All sandbox games (X included) have an eventual burnout. The good ones keep you entertained for a long time before that happens (say >100 hours). Personally, I experience X3 vanilla burnout in about 80 hours (matching your account). LU has bumped that up for me to over 200 hours. It's actually surprising how much more gaming is possible in the X3 game but because of lack of direction I previously (before discovering LU) stopped playing well before I discovered all those things.

I wouldn't say LU is like a new game, it's more like another expansion similar to how Albion Prelude was to Terran Conflict. Sure, its additions are so many that it goes way beyond what you'd expect from a "mod" but that said, at no time does it feel like playing a different game, personally it still feels very much like playing X3, just "end game"/"things got serious" X3 :)
X3LU 1.5.2/1.7.0 Youtube series with: IEX 1.5b + LUVi, SIaF r7 (previously also used Phanon Plus 4.02, Revelation Plus 1.04, Diverse Game Starts - LU Edition)
[ external image ]

vukica
x4

Post by vukica » Tue, 10. Oct 17, 12:54

Yup, play LU.
Split say NEED MORE FIREPOWER!!

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”