Turret Missle Factories

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Bill67
x4

Turret Missle Factories

Post by Bill67 » Sun, 8. Oct 17, 18:01

I recently built an Arms Tech station and I don't understand it.

I cant use the nova drones for player ship, I can use the Astrobee for my Taranis, exactly how is this helpful to me?

Also it eats a ton of Fusion Reactors and I almost need another station just to supply them the reources as I cant keep any kind of stock for future projects.

There has got to be a way to better supply than selling my missles to a 3rd party ship dealer and then using that dealer to buy back missles so they can equip my ships. And does it need to eat up so many fusion reactors?
Last edited by Bill67 on Mon, 9. Oct 17, 20:37, edited 1 time in total.

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Mon, 9. Oct 17, 03:40

The Arms Techs supply shipyards and other stations (such as your own station construction projects) with turrets and force field projectors, as well as missile ammo. Unfortunately, the turret/FFP market tends to saturate quite quickly, and requires high shipyard turnover before a shipyard will order more. On the flip-side, it means that you can slap full weapons on any stations you build willy-nilly without worrying about getting stuck waiting (which is unlikely in any case so long as you're in a developed system, as NPC ArmsTechs are also overstocked, and thus all too happy and ready to supply your construction projects - it's not uncommon to have ALL the weapons for a station arrive before even a fraction of other materials have been delivered.)

Although you can't directly dock an ammo-using ship at your ArmsTech for equipping, there is something you CAN do: use a container-capable ship to transfer the missiles from the ArmsTech, and then transfer them (using the Equip Ammo, or similar option) to your Taranis, for example. I suspect you'll need to use a capital-sized freighter, unfortunately, as M-sized ones are awkward when it comes to transferring to another ship (for station-to-station transfers they're great), but on the flip side, you can do this remotely: you can have the freighter collect the ammo from the ArmsTech and deliver it to your capital ship zones, sectors, or even systems away.

So, you can set aside one container freighter as a resupply ship, keep it stocked up, and have it following your fleet around, ready to resupply missiles on demand.

As for the fusion reactors: the ArmsTech reserves a large amount of FRs, but its actual consumption is VERY low, so once you have filled up the storage, you will find that you once again have a surplus of FRs from your ShipTech Fab. Blessing in disguise: having the ArmsTech hoarding so many FRs means that you can, in a pinch, transfer some FRs out of there using a freighter should you need some urgently for a high-priority construction project, for example.
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

Bill67
x4

Post by Bill67 » Mon, 9. Oct 17, 04:17

Thanks,

I will try the resupply, wasn't sure if that would work but now don't need to test theory. :)

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Mon, 9. Oct 17, 06:04

Bill67 wrote:Thanks,

I will try the resupply, wasn't sure if that would work but now don't need to test theory. :)
No prob :)
I won't sugar-coat it - it's still quite tedious and inconvenient, but at least you have full control over the action, and you cut out a middleman (one whose dock can often be blocked up by a ship-construction project, sometimes a stalled one, at that!) Also, if you keep a freighter nicely stocked up, you don't have to make the whole two-part transaction every time, just refill the supply ship once in a while when it runs out of stock.

By the way, thanks to your question, the notion occurred to me in the first place :D
It occurs to me that EgoSoft could improve this aspect by allowing a ship's defense officer to set up trade offers, to allow both PC and NPC traders to come provision.
-
-
-
The Write Stuff

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Mon, 9. Oct 17, 06:21

RAVEN.myst wrote: It occurs to me that EgoSoft could improve this aspect by allowing a ship's defense officer to set up trade offers, to allow both PC and NPC traders to come provision.
Hi,

at one point I was browsing through all the settings of a capital ship in search of the resupply screen. But then I noticed that it only exists in the station settings. Yes. This option is definitely missing.

cu
Rainer

Bill67
x4

Post by Bill67 » Mon, 9. Oct 17, 20:41

Yeah I never understood why cap ships couldn't have ressuply options like stations, with drones and Missles.

I am still unsure if my stations even use my warehouse to buy their goods, seems like they take awhile to acquire items even with sufficient trade ships assigned to them.

Bill67
x4

Post by Bill67 » Mon, 9. Oct 17, 20:45

Yeah I never understood why cap ships couldn't have ressuply options like stations, with drones and Missles.

I am still unsure if my stations even use my warehouse to buy their goods, seems like they take awhile to acquire items even with sufficient trade ships assigned to them.

Ok so I tried to do this via my tradeships but getting trade computer ran across unexpected error 8102 or something like that. Not a crash just a message in red not allowing this.

I am not sure if this is a mod conflict but I don't have too many really , just the basic ones to make Ren quiet, shows the skills, TAF, and better ranges.

If I select a trade ship to transfer, oddly the destroyers wont be selectable, but the olmekron is.

If I try through the Taranis, I can select tradeship but get that message.

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Tue, 10. Oct 17, 02:58

Bill67 wrote:Yeah I never understood why cap ships couldn't have ressuply options like stations, with drones and Missles.

Ok so I tried to do this via my tradeships but getting trade computer ran across unexpected error 8102 or something like that. Not a crash just a message in red not allowing this.

I am not sure if this is a mod conflict but I don't have too many really , just the basic ones to make Ren quiet, shows the skills, TAF, and better ranges.

If I select a trade ship to transfer, oddly the destroyers wont be selectable, but the olmekron is.

If I try through the Taranis, I can select tradeship but get that message.
I'm afraid I can't comment with regards to a modded game - I only play pure vanilla. I've tested rearming my Taranis with a Lyranea carrying missiles, and it's been working great, so now that Lyranea gets sent to my ATF whenever it's not doing anything else, to collect Astrobees and VCrushers (the latter for if/when I decide to get any ship that use them, the ones I know of being Sucellus that I no longer use, and Arawn that is too slow but I might get just for the hell of it :D )

Oh, one thought about the "destroyers wont be selectable, but the olmekron is": are the destroyers in question subordinate to either that Olmekron or to some other superiors (either ships or stations)? You can only execute transfers (in fact, you can only give any direct orders) to ships without superiors or which are in your squad.
-
-
-
The Write Stuff

Bill67
x4

Post by Bill67 » Wed, 11. Oct 17, 05:17

Oddly after reloading my game today, thought would try 1 more time and sure enough, my taranis was now selectable and was able to transfer missles to it. Still got that weird error but it did take the command.

Now if I could figure out a way to re-arm my novadrones w/o paying for them would be set.

Thanks for info btw.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”