X3TC Forgot if is possible to have multiple good at same complex hub

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

manniac
x2

X3TC Forgot if is possible to have multiple good at same complex hub

Post by manniac » Fri, 6. Oct 17, 15:03

I started a new game after a long X3TC break, started with one station and 10 UT's, I'm in the position to build now upon that station.

Its basically a L SPP and I want to add 1-2 spaceweed fabs to it with their Dream farms. SPP makes more than enough energy to support them all, and once I have the cash, I plan to tag a closed loop of crystals to it.

But I forgot how to link the fabs, in order for my hub to have both energy cells and spaceweed available for sale (and later crystals, as i will overproduce them). I read some guides to refresh my memory about complexes, but none covered this particular aspect. Your help is greatly appreciated.
Magnate
Ace 1st Grade
142 ships
68 stations

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Fri, 6. Oct 17, 15:07

You connect stations using complex construction kits, which are available for sale at all shipyards and compatible with all factory type stations. For a basic station and complex building tutorial see the FAQ article How do I build a complex?
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

jlehtone
x4

Re: X3TC Forgot if is possible to have multiple good at same complex hub

Post by jlehtone » Fri, 6. Oct 17, 16:42

manniac wrote:in order for my hub to have both energy cells and spaceweed available for sale (and later crystals, as i will overproduce them).
A CAG can trade intermediate products. It will sell, if the stock is near full. You can adjust the limits in CAG config.

CAG adds "global config" to stations/complexes. There is an option to tamper the ware classification ...
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Honved
x3tc

Post by Honved » Fri, 6. Oct 17, 16:52

Word of warning: empty the SPP before you connect it to the other stations, otherwise its stored stocks may vanish.

Also, a mid-ranked CAG may still not be able to sell intermediate products, leaving you with a shipload of E-Cells that aren't getting sold, and not enough factories to use them yourself. I'd also consider the merits of using a CLS pilot to move E-Cells from SPP to spaceweed complex, rather than link them.

manniac
x2

Post by manniac » Fri, 6. Oct 17, 17:26

Thanks for the replies.

Unfortunately, the guide, like I mentioned before, doesn't explain how to put both spaceweed and energy cells as products to my hub. Tried linking it multiple ways with CCK, only spaceweed appears as product, not ecells.

CLS and CAG are not available in my game, is a total conversion which doesn't support them.
Magnate
Ace 1st Grade
142 ships
68 stations

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Fri, 6. Oct 17, 18:00

Sorry, I misunderstood your question. I think the possibility to add Energy Cells as the product of a complex of multiple stations was already removed in one of the X3R patches. So there's no vanilla way of doing it. (Besides, the mentioned CAG method.) But if you're running a modded game anyhow, you could check out the Scripts and Modding Forum for a solution.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

manniac
x2

Post by manniac » Fri, 6. Oct 17, 18:23

That's ok, my dedicated energy seller seems to ignore that ecells are intermediate product and I can still sell them as before.

It seems that the mod also added some controls i never seen before, allowing you to sell intermediate products from the hub directly if you want to.

Sidenote: complex building doesn't seem to respect any previous rules that i know about. Apparently you connect your 1st fabs, doesn't matter which ones and you set your hub where you want to be, then all other stations will connect to that hub, it doesn't get replaced and destroyed over and over. Guess is easier this way, but took me a while to discover it.
Magnate
Ace 1st Grade
142 ships
68 stations

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Fri, 6. Oct 17, 18:29

manniac wrote:Sidenote: complex building doesn't seem to respect any previous rules that i know about. Apparently you connect your 1st fabs, doesn't matter which ones and you set your hub where you want to be, then all other stations will connect to that hub, it doesn't get replaced and destroyed over and over. Guess is easier this way, but took me a while to discover it.
You can move your hub if you want, by linking two new stations with their own hub placed in the location you want to move the hub to, then linking that hub to the old one with a CCK. IMPORTANT: When you link two hubs, the first one you select will remain (retaining its position), the second one will disappear.
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

LOKioO42

Post by LOKioO42 » Wed, 11. Oct 17, 19:53

Personally I like my complexes to produce more EC than they use. Every ship in my fleet has JJ and is set to top off EC automatically when docked. That way any time one lands at a Complex it gets fuel to jump anywhere in the universe. If one is running low on fuel I can tell them to dock at any Complex and know there will be fuel there.

That said, you will make more money by turning those EC's into other products. Space Fuel and weed sell very well (Stock is always 0 for my Fuel/weed complexes). It's rare that you can use 100% of the EC's produced but you can get close. Those couple hundred extra can then refuel the fleet.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”