Hotkey to select min or max for sale?

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Snaphaan
x3

Hotkey to select min or max for sale?

Post by Snaphaan » Thu, 19. Oct 17, 12:28

Is there any way to quickly adjust the amount sold or bought to max or min? Like page up or page down or any hotkey?

It's annoying having to drag the bar every time I want to sell "junk" to a dealer.

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Thu, 19. Oct 17, 13:06

Sadly, no. Not as far as I'm aware.

The only thing that get's close to that is the "upgrade all button" mod, which only applies for ship and station constructions.
So no, nothing for the trade windows.
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Thu, 19. Oct 17, 13:26

And no setting the increment, either, which drives me totally spare!
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

Snaphaan
x3

Post by Snaphaan » Thu, 19. Oct 17, 14:02

Crazy! :?

I cannot imagine no-one requesting this at some point. How/where can I pitch this to the developers? Probably too late but it's such a simple feature who knows.
RAVEN.myst wrote:And no setting the increment, either, which drives me totally spare!
That too

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Thu, 19. Oct 17, 14:20

Snaphaan wrote:Crazy! :?
Yup - and doubly so because both of those features were in all the previous X titles... And yet they firmly deny any suggestion that XR's development was influenced by intentions (or hopes?) to release it on consoles...
-
-
-
The Write Stuff

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Thu, 19. Oct 17, 14:49

RAVEN.myst wrote:
Snaphaan wrote:Crazy! :?
Yup - and doubly so because both of those features were in all the previous X titles... And yet they firmly deny any suggestion that XR's development was influenced by intentions (or hopes?) to release it on consoles...
I can believe XR was never intended to be released on consoles. It's a CPU/RAM based-game, two things the consoles utterly lack when compared to computers. The PS4 and Xbox 1 that were released at the same time as XR would barely have been able to run the game.

However, they can't deny their interface was highly influenced by the usage of gamepads (and haven't, AFAIK). That was the major mistake. I used a gamepad for a few years before getting my joystick, and I used it for the very same reason as I use my joystick: piloting. Any form of menu browsing is done with mouse & keyboard, as it should be. Once they move the focus back on M&K for menus (as they seem to be doing so far), then the many issues should be resolved, or at least lessened.

edit: rephrased a few things.
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 19. Oct 17, 15:03

Let's not start this silly console discussion again. Regarding the controller thing, nobody is denying that; indeed I explicitly addressed that in item 2 of this post.

Snaphaan
x3

Post by Snaphaan » Thu, 19. Oct 17, 15:07

CBJ

Can I still pitch this for implementation in the next patch?

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 19. Oct 17, 15:14

You can certainly pitch it, and you can rest assured that it's been seen. What I can't do, however, is make any promises regarding whether we would be able to do anything about it in the foreseeable future. :)

Snaphaan
x3

Post by Snaphaan » Thu, 19. Oct 17, 15:19

CBJ wrote:You can certainly pitch it, and you can rest assured that it's been seen. What I can't do, however, is make any promises regarding whether we would be able to do anything about it in the foreseeable future. :)
Understood.

Stupid question, but where would be the best place?

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 19. Oct 17, 15:20

I obviously didn't make it clear. You've already done it, here. :)

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Thu, 19. Oct 17, 16:44

@CBJ: I had no intention of stirring up the proverbial hornet's nest. Sorry if I gave that impression.

If anything, I'm pretty hopeful concerning what I've seen so far concerning future developments. :)

Thanks for the link.

Snaphaan
x3

Post by Snaphaan » Thu, 19. Oct 17, 16:51

CBJ wrote:You can certainly pitch it, and you can rest assured that it's been seen.
CBJ wrote:... we would be able to...
Oh, of course... :oops:

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Thu, 19. Oct 17, 17:10

Ezarkal wrote:@CBJ: I had no intention of stirring up the proverbial hornet's nest. Sorry if I gave that impression.
Nah, I think the fault is mine :S I tend to equate gamepads with consoles (or "console-iness", so to speak) - you in fact corrected me, if anything. :) My bad!
-
-
-
The Write Stuff

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”