Corporation missions

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Trevelvis
xr

Corporation missions

Post by Trevelvis » Fri, 20. Oct 17, 23:11

I have read that the best defense for complexes is an M6 and 5-7 Solanos but not sure how to get them
Spoiler
Show

Dont want to give anything away so being careful, it says I can get one through OTAS missions. Do i go to HQ to get these quests and are they easy as havent done any missions apart from Build ones.
Thanks

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Fri, 20. Oct 17, 23:29

Well, the obvious answer is to buy them, but I'm guessing you are looking for a more...cost effective...approach. :pirat:
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

Trevelvis
xr

Post by Trevelvis » Sat, 21. Oct 17, 12:15

Timsup2nothin wrote:Well, the obvious answer is to buy them, but I'm guessing you are looking for a more...cost effective...approach. :pirat:
Durrr !!. I hadn’t found their hq yet so didn’t realise. I have 950 million so money no object

Bill Huntington
x3tc

Post by Bill Huntington » Sat, 21. Oct 17, 15:45

OTAS HQ is in Legend. When you complete the first level of HQ missions they give you a free Solano.

There's a nice trick where you might get your 5 Solanos for free. It takes about 7 or 8 missions before you qualify. You'll get a message that says to dock at HQ out of the blue. Don't dock and do the next Corporation Mission. Keep doing them without docking. After five missions you'll have 5 Solanos. Or six missions will give you six. But there's a few missions you have to dock for, like a white light bulb transport mission. If you don't take it and complete it, you break the Corporation Mission for that HQ.

Good luck.
Bill in S.F., enjoying the game

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sat, 21. Oct 17, 18:15

Bill Huntington wrote:If you don't take it and complete it, you break the Corporation Mission for that HQ.
Likewise, if some other NPC demolishes the Corporate HQ, then that Corporation's missions are over, broken (unless scripting is used to reset them).

For that reason one is better off if one can do all the missions for one Corporation in "one go".

Some of the Corporate missions are Assassinations. I remember wiping Zeus/Oddy fleets off the sector map for Duke or Split. Emperor's love was affected ...

Cannot remember what the OTAS was focused on.

Main point: Corporate missions are missions. If you lack confidence with generic missions, then you do have a challenge ahead of you.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”