Campain: cannot board Taranis because it is friendly

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Browser_ice
x4

Campain: cannot board Taranis because it is friendly

Post by Browser_ice » Sun, 22. Oct 17, 23:32

Since I have some issues doing a mission free game, I thought I would give the campain a try. I am at the point where I have to board the Taranis ship.

I cannot board it because it is considered friendly to me (blue instead of read). Therefore I cannot board it.

If I dock on it, there are no one there.

If I try to assign my commander to it, Taranis is not part of the selectable ships to send him to it.

I am using a few extension mods like everyone else.

I have no idea why its doing this.

Also, I have no idea why I lost that ship I was given at the very beginning. I could see the ship on my radar with green color (meaning its mine) but when I checked in the property window, it was not there. Then a few min later, its completly gone. This happens when I enter the DV portal for the first time.

Quite frankly, I am starting to be fed up with XR. I tried the missionless scenario, I tried the simple merchand, now I tried the campain. In those 3 scenarios, I always winded up getting a situation equivalent to someone throwing a wrench in my wheels. I cannot seam to play a game without encountering a bug that either is a show stopper or causes my strategy to be thrown back to the mother board (ex: I want to use warehouses but I keep getting mining bugs and commercial offers diseapearing bug rendering my warehouses useless).

Not sure I want to keep playing campain even if I find a resolution for this....
Steam X-Superbox, XR, playing X4
WIndows-10
Intel I7-3770
16Gb Memory
Nvgidia GTX-1060

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 23. Oct 17, 11:37

If you are not getting the mission prompts that take you in detail through that part of the plot (or they just don't work) then either perhaps your mods are messing up the plot or your game installation is corrupt. There is a specific sequence of events in the plot that is necessary for you to complete to lead up to the boarding of the (hacked) Taranis.

BTW, blue in this case is neutral to you and you need a green (owned) ship to transfer crew.

The loss of some of your ships is intended at that DV point in the plot. They have been captured by PMC and you will need to get them back from PMC later in the plot.

I'll move this to the Rebirth Universe (gameplay) forum from Tech Sp for now.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Rei Ayanami
x4

Post by Rei Ayanami » Mon, 23. Oct 17, 11:46

What if you try shooting at it until it turns red (enemy)?

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Re: Campain: cannot board Taranis because it is friendly

Post by RAVEN.myst » Mon, 23. Oct 17, 13:39

Browser_ice wrote:I cannot board it because it is considered friendly to me (blue instead of read). Therefore I cannot board it.
Have you actually TRIED to board it, or are you assuming that because it's not red you can't board it? I've run t he campaign about a half-dozen times, and I've never had a problem with it: the Taranis is ALWAYS blue in this mission, that's just how the mission is made. Just board it anyway (and no, just landing and transferring crew to it like with an ownerless ship does NOT work - you have to do a boarding operation.)
Browser_ice wrote: I am using a few extension mods like everyone else.
"Everyone else?" I sure don't. As Alan pointed out, it is possible that one of those mods may be interfering with standard plot mechanics (that's assuming you actually tried to board it per se.)

Browser_ice wrote: Also, I have no idea why I lost that ship I was given at the very beginning. I could see the ship on my radar with green color (meaning its mine) but when I checked in the property window, it was not there. Then a few min later, its completly gone. This happens when I enter the DV portal for the first time.
This is perfectly normal - it's part of the plot: Plutarch have declared you "Wanted" and persona non grate, and have therefore confiscated your assets in Albion. Later on, you will be able to get your stuff back.

Don't panic ;) and happy hunting! :)
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”