Polish website not updated?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

mr.WHO
x4

Polish website not updated?

Post by mr.WHO » Thu, 9. Nov 17, 17:29

When I hit "Home" here in the forum, I'm redirected to polish version of Egosoft page:
https://www.egosoft.com/community/news_pl.php

It seems to not be updated with X4 information, while english page is:
https://www.egosoft.com/community/news_en.php

Please either update polish page, or if it's not longer maintained fix the forum redirection to english page fr polish users.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 9. Nov 17, 20:44

Moving to X4 forum from XR Tech Sp, but I have flagged this up to the devs too.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Fri, 10. Nov 17, 09:48

Unfortunately we've not had anyone offer to translate news articles into Polish for a while. As a result, we deactivated the Polish news page but, as you discovered, forgot to deactivate the Polish home page link. That has now been corrected, so thanks for bringing it to our attention.

Having said that, if you, or anyone else with Polish as their first language, would like to volunteer to translate news articles, then I'm sure we'd be willing to resurrect the Polish section of the site.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Fri, 10. Nov 17, 09:56

Hi CBJ - thanks for quick fix.

As for the polish translation - I think there is no need for that - english is rather popular in Poland and even more among gamers, so there should be no problem with sticking to english webpage.

schedarx
x3ap

Post by schedarx » Thu, 7. Dec 17, 16:37

Yep. I confirm. If anyone from Poland is smart enough to play modern X games they surely understand enough English.

Sorkvild
x3tc

Post by Sorkvild » Thu, 7. Dec 17, 21:02

Of course I'd like to play X4 in Polish and I hope Egosoft will meet the challenge and deliver Polish version of the product in the future.

If you're releasing Chinese or Russian translations then what is the problem? Also there is a new generation of fans growing up and allowing them to enter the world of quality space games in their native language would be beneficial.
I remember when we had really good translation of X2 The Threat which was done by two-three dedicated fans and later on Polish publisher Cenega used some parts of their work and add their own "flavors" that resulted in funny sounding ship names like "Scabbard" translated into "Pochwa" which is a medical term for vagina, so...
Lack of activity inside the Polish forums doesn't mean there is no interest in X games in Poland. People still play and discuss on facebook, other social media and other space sim forums.
What I see on the internet - lack of translation - lack of interest. And this applies to X games too - where people ask for mods translations. I tell them play in English, naah man want to play in Polish. Maybe people aren't fluent in english like few of us here assuming everyone understands English in Poland. Also people want something ready and on demand, but this doesn't mean we are lazy, maybe we simple don't have the time to slowly read and translate.
I've played games in English since my first computer back in 1990. Now I'm a grown up person, have busy life and losing time and dwelling on something simply do not calculate. When I see this brand new RPG title with a lot of text and if it isn't in my native language - then sorry, I want play games to relax without extra cognitive costs.
Elite Dangerous| I survived the Dragon Incident ... then I took an arrow to the knee
We want the Boron back!

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 7. Dec 17, 21:21

Sorkvild wrote:...what is the problem?
As already explained, the problem is the lack of volunteers. We're more than willing to include a Polish version of the game texts if there are people willing to do the translation.

Sorkvild
x3tc

Post by Sorkvild » Thu, 7. Dec 17, 23:23

I believe that you're aware of translation hubs like Proz where a company or a person can find assistance in creating a professional translation. Everything is there, you can browse from people differing in competency and experience. There are translators specializing in types of games from fantasy, space, historical etc. I'm sure there are people who would be happy to work with Egosoft in creating professional translation. There is this old saying "If the mountain won't come to Muhammad, then Muhammad must go to the mountain" - like reach out for translators ;)
Elite Dangerous| I survived the Dragon Incident ... then I took an arrow to the knee
We want the Boron back!

Return to “X4: Foundations”