Quick CLS2 question

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Alexeiy
x3ap

Quick CLS2 question

Post by Alexeiy » Wed, 15. Nov 17, 15:17

Hello everyone,

I currently face the problem that for proper buffer complexes for my cls2/cag trading system, I would need to buy a high amount of factories to get sufficient cargo space.

Can I use docked freighters with a take resources when above value x and put in resources when below value x command to use the freighters as buffer?

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Wed, 15. Nov 17, 16:02

I'm doing something similar at my Hub with ECells, allowing me to trade them yet maintain a safe level without fear of stranding my CAGs without fuel. What I have there is a Mistral SF fully upgraded and parked there, adding 15k storage to the Hub's 30k. I have both CAGs (standard Mistrals) and CLS2 (Mercury Haulers) working there. The CAGs buy and sell (the idea is that they mostly sell, but I have them set to buy if energy level isn't stellar), while the CLS2 Haulers HAUL in large HAULS (pardon me - I'll stop now :P ) of ECs from various regions. The Mistral SF is also running CLS2, but is not levelling up and is just an apprentice with one instruction: Unload [maxcargo] to the Hub. The Haulers bring in their stuff and first try to offload to the Mistral SF; if that's full, they offload to the Hub itself, refuel, and leave again. However, the CAGs can't access the Mistral SF directly.

This is only half (if even that!) of what you're asking for, as there's no level regulation (ie. the flow is unidirectional, and essentially unregulated) but it might help you. Basically my parked SF acts as a buffer tank, extending storage - in this implementation, that's all it accomplishes (ie. some peace of mind for me :D ) I don't know (or at least, I can't off the top of my head think) how I would go about programming CLS2s to maintain a level in a bidirectional feedback loop, but I suspect a certain Tim might know...

EDIT: having re-read your post, a keyword struck me and it occurs to me that the above is good for goods you buy with CLS2 and sell with CAG. For the other way around, you simply reverse it: goods that CAGs bring in get loaded up from the complex by parked CLS2 tankers/SFs, and then the sales CLS2s grab the goods from inside them and ship them out.
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Wed, 15. Nov 17, 22:08

If you dock a large freighter set with a single CLS waypoint:

Load, e-cells, max cargo
Unload, e-cells, up to 30,000

It will give you a buffer the size of the freighter that will maintain 30K inventory. If you have a handful of these set at different values they effectively expand the inventory of the complex. If you use one set at a fairly low value, like 5K, it makes an effective jump fuel reserve.

Setting these reserve tanks to operate well in conjunction with the CAG limits for buying and selling intermediate products takes some experimentation to get the exact effects you want, but it's certainly doable.
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”