[AP] PRODIGAL SON, A Rogue's Tale - Book II

Official fiction, fan fiction and artwork. Let your talent express itself!

Moderators: TheElf, Moderators for English X Forum

Nathancros

Post by Nathancros » Wed, 20. Sep 17, 06:12

Scion Drakhar wrote: It's just slow going this time of year. Not sure why. In any case, keep prodding. It does me a world of good. :)

BRING FORTH THE CEREMONIAL PROD!
Do you prefer electric, brand, sharp or NOODLE prods? :P

Glad to hear your safe my man, keep yourself safe so we can watch drake NOT be safe!
Nullam et arcu vitae magna instabilitate omnia solvit

Am a recovering Addict of the CREATIVE FORUM.

Long live X3

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Thu, 21. Sep 17, 03:26

Easy answer: Heat makes brain run slower. Harder to write.

Wait... Isn't the ceremonial prod the giant foam finger with the rocket on the end? And I thought we agreed not to use that after the 'incident'?
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Scion Drakhar
x3ap

Post by Scion Drakhar » Thu, 21. Sep 17, 06:50

Triaxx2 wrote:Wait... Isn't the ceremonial prod the giant foam finger with the rocket on the end? And I thought we agreed not to use that after the 'incident'?
Oh hell, guys! And Triaxx, I have to remember to never drink anything, especially anything hot, when reading one of your posts. Hot coffee does not feel good involuntarily routed through nasal passages.
A Pirate's Story.pdf(KIA) by _Zap _ From Nothing.PDF(complete) by _Zap _ Prodigal Son(active) Original Thread, Prodigal Son_PDF

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Thu, 21. Sep 17, 17:18

Scion Drakhar wrote:
Triaxx2 wrote:Wait... Isn't the ceremonial prod the giant foam finger with the rocket on the end? And I thought we agreed not to use that after the 'incident'?
Oh hell, guys! And Triaxx, I have to remember to never drink anything, especially anything hot, when reading one of your posts. Hot coffee does not feel good involuntarily routed through nasal passages.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I didn't eat or drink anything when I read this, but I sure as hell laughed. Scion once said Triaxx2 was his favorite smartass, and this made him my favorite smartass as well. :D
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Fri, 22. Sep 17, 00:25

Warning, posts may contain nasally harmful humor.

Glad I can amuse you.

I've been doing Youtube, but I'm trying to get back into the mood to do my own DiD again. It's just something that takes a lot of creativity and the summer saps my creativity pretty hard.

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Wed, 11. Oct 17, 09:08

*peeks out from his blanket fort, prod Scion with the pool noodle and retreat back into the fort again*

DiDs:
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

Scion Drakhar
x3ap

Post by Scion Drakhar » Wed, 11. Oct 17, 18:07

I've got a little over 10k words written for the next chapter with pretty solid ideas for the rest. I'm trying to reach the end of this phase in Drake's story and get him on to starting the Argon side of the war campaign. There's just a lot of loose ends and, as Triaxx pointed out, there's something about the summer that gets in the way of creativity. Which reminds me...

Triaxx, link to the youtube stuff? I wouldn't mind checking out what you're up to.

In any case, prod away. I do truly find it very motivational. :D
A Pirate's Story.pdf(KIA) by _Zap _ From Nothing.PDF(complete) by _Zap _ Prodigal Son(active) Original Thread, Prodigal Son_PDF

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Wed, 11. Oct 17, 20:36

Zaitsev wrote:*peeks out from his blanket fort, prod Scion with the pool noodle and retreat back into the fort again*
Please describe further what exactly both of you are doing in your blanket fort. ;)

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Thu, 12. Oct 17, 00:30

Mostly I've been doing a lot of sucking at Youtubing, but I'm having a lot of fun doing it. Triaxx2

I suspect it's the heat that does it, that and the nice weather outside that makes us want to go out and do things. And in my case trying to record in the hottest part of the day is a bit of a nightmare.

Oooh, joining the Argon war effort? Sounds like fun. Split say WAAAGH!

Of course at the moment I want to know what Gin's up to, since Drake is mostly being angry and angsty. Not that I blame him mind.

Olterin
xr

Post by Olterin » Thu, 12. Oct 17, 10:06

Did I hear more prodding is in order? *Pokes Scion with prepared pool noodle*

Can't wait to read the next chapter(s) ;) (I wonder whether we'll be getting a Halloween Installment of Drake Enterprises :P)
"Do or do not, there is no try"
"My Other Overwhelming Mixed Assault Fleet is a Brigantine" -Seleucius, commenting on my ship naming scheme

Scion Drakhar
x3ap

Post by Scion Drakhar » Tue, 24. Oct 17, 02:15

Hey guys,

Apologies for the silence and thanks for the noodling. There is more in the works although I am still a couple of scenes short of a chapter. Triaxx has been kind enough to help me with the brainstorming and feedback that has become essential to my process and we're chugging along. So, provided my computer doesn't melt down (I inexplicably lost my cpu fan this morning. "CPU fan... destroyed") I shall continue and hopefully have an update in the next week or two.

Cheers

Olterin
xr

Post by Olterin » Sun, 19. Nov 17, 15:02

How's the CPU fan doing? Or did it take the memory banks with it?
"Do or do not, there is no try"
"My Other Overwhelming Mixed Assault Fleet is a Brigantine" -Seleucius, commenting on my ship naming scheme

Scion Drakhar
x3ap

Post by Scion Drakhar » Sun, 19. Nov 17, 20:01

CPU fan is fine. I had a liquid cooling unit though, and when I installed the fan windows kept spitting out BSOD's on startup so I had to reinstall the OS. Turned out to be a good thing, though. The rig is now noticeably, very noticeably faster. Not sure what was going on in the background before but I'm getting really good performance across the board.

With regard to the next chapter I'd say it's about 90% complete. I just have a little bit more to write for continuity's sake. At the same time, however, I've been "distracted" by a new business venture which has been eating up my concentration.

Err... I just looked at what I've yet to write for the next chapter. Say... 75% complete. It's over 30k words already but... well you know how it is. I have to write more to finish the thought.

In any case, look for more in the next couple of weeks and feel free to pester me about it. When you guys show interest it keeps me thinking about the story. *shrug*

Cheers

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Sun, 19. Nov 17, 20:20

So, I know we're in frantically make things up as we go along mode, rather than playing the game over much, but I've been starting to get the itch to play. (Cooler weather makes me want to play space games and Skyrim, and I don't understand why.) Has the mod list changed at all since we last saw it?

Scion Drakhar
x3ap

Post by Scion Drakhar » Sun, 19. Nov 17, 23:19

I haven't made any changes to my load order. At this point, with a save this old, I'm extremely hesitant to do ANYTHING to the game whatsoever.

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Sun, 19. Nov 17, 23:32

BlackArchon wrote:
Zaitsev wrote:*peeks out from his blanket fort, prod Scion with the pool noodle and retreat back into the fort again*
Please describe further what exactly both of you are doing in your blanket fort. ;)
Relevant XKCD
9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm crazy. The 10th is singing the music from Tetris

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Mon, 20. Nov 17, 00:39

Sirrobert wrote:
BlackArchon wrote:
Relevant XKCD
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

No, I'm perfectly alone in my blanket fort. I don't know if that helps with the mental images, though ...

DiDs:
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Mon, 20. Nov 17, 17:10

Scion Drakhar wrote:...
In any case, look for more in the next couple of weeks and feel free to pester me about it. When you guys show interest it keeps me thinking about the story. *shrug*

Cheers
Will Legion finally reveal to our Terran guest that he is in fact an AGI? :)

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Tue, 21. Nov 17, 01:17

Fair enough. Me, I'm never afraid to try new things no matter how old the save, even one that's been dragged across three computers now, but then again I'm slightly nuts and I also always make sure I can roll back.

Blanket fort? Please, everyone knows it's all about Snuggie forts now.

Nathancros

Post by Nathancros » Tue, 21. Nov 17, 05:33

Gotta be careful of blanket/cushion forts here in the land of oz!

likely to turn into your own personal home oven!
Nullam et arcu vitae magna instabilitate omnia solvit

Am a recovering Addict of the CREATIVE FORUM.

Long live X3

Return to “Creative Universe”