[X3LU] Mayhem 3.21b

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Mon, 20. Nov 17, 12:58

Yes, that's what I said.

Berhg
x4

Post by Berhg » Mon, 20. Nov 17, 14:32

Derp. XD
Save the bunnies! RTFM

[ external image ]

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Mon, 20. Nov 17, 19:15

Berhg wrote:Are Sanctuary thresholds only considered by freighters? What else does threshold affect?
Freighter and threshold is the only way you can fetch goods from another sanctuary, and making sure that you keep a reasonable amount of goods at the source sanctuary.

IMHO, Threshold has its use, please don't remove it.

Dragonboy31

Post by Dragonboy31 » Mon, 20. Nov 17, 21:33

I know we can Cheat one in but i was wonder if in the next patch you will give players a standard Dock to house Ships in for sector Defence i know we can use the Sanctuary but for me that screws up my Ship production and outfitting.

Also i was wondering why even thru the wares are listed there are some we cannot build like terrans MREs. also Where the hell do i go to mine Colored Crystals

is there a file i can Edit to change the number of docks i can have in a sector ?

Jonzac
x3tc

Post by Jonzac » Tue, 21. Nov 17, 01:27

Dragonboy31 wrote:I know we can Cheat one in but i was wonder if in the next patch you will give players a standard Dock to house Ships in for sector Defence i know we can use the Sanctuary but for me that screws up my Ship production and outfitting.

Also i was wondering why even thru the wares are listed there are some we cannot build like terrans MREs. also Where the hell do i go to mine Colored Crystals

is there a file i can Edit to change the number of docks i can have in a sector ?
OWPS can hold fighters. That's my solution to that

Berhg
x4

Post by Berhg » Tue, 21. Nov 17, 04:55

Would it be a good idea to have Dock Agents and Sector and Universe Traders consider thresholds if we are going to allow them to trade with sanctuaries?
Save the bunnies! RTFM

[ external image ]

Gen.d.Pz.Tr.Seb
x4

Post by Gen.d.Pz.Tr.Seb » Tue, 21. Nov 17, 08:49

Isn't that necessary? If we don't have that wouldn't the whole thing turn into a cycle fetch hell where one sanctuary fetches it only for the original sanctuary to fetch it back?

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Tue, 21. Nov 17, 15:30

About DA's buying from sanctuaries:
I tried something similar in the past. The problem was pricing. At default the DA wasted time by going to to NPC factories instead of other sanctuaries. At lowest prices they wouldn't buy from NPCs and i had empty sanctuaries from multiple buyers too. Could've been fixed with better DA coordination. Don't know.

A sanctuary distribution agent that respects capacities and coordinates well would be needed. Multiple Freighters lack in the coordination department.
It would help if they checked the source threshold again after they've landed at the source station just before the transfer and make an empty run back if stock got too low while they traveled to it.

Edit:
Reading helps; from the changelog:
Joubarbe wrote:CHANGE: Improved Freighters. They always synchronize by making a list of priorities depending on the destinations of the other freighters.
This should fix empty sanctuaries.

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Tue, 21. Nov 17, 19:33

Hector0x wrote:About DA's buying from sanctuaries:
I tried something similar in the past. The problem was pricing. At default the DA wasted time by going to to NPC factories instead of other sanctuaries. At lowest prices they wouldn't buy from NPCs and i had empty sanctuaries from multiple buyers too. Could've been fixed with better DA coordination. Don't know.

A sanctuary distribution agent that respects capacities and coordinates well would be needed. Multiple Freighters lack in the coordination department.
It would help if they checked the source threshold again after they've landed at the source station just before the transfer and make an empty run back if stock got too low while they traveled to it.

Edit:
Reading helps; from the changelog:
Joubarbe wrote:CHANGE: Improved Freighters. They always synchronize by making a list of priorities depending on the destinations of the other freighters.
This should fix empty sanctuaries.
IMHO, the problem with empty Sanctuaries is the fact that DA agents got stuck when they are waiting for rsources (no recources to buy, no factories need stuffs), but when the condition is favorable, for some reason, they are still stuck in the wait loop!!!!

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Tue, 21. Nov 17, 20:05

In LU, when a DA is attacked, the script is not properly reset (an argument is not passed). I've fixed that, but I never had a DA Buyer stuck in a wait loop, without being attacked.

Thresholds will remain for freighters only. If you activate the option to open a station to your traders, it's because you need them. Otherwise use a seller and the capacity setting.
Also, with that option ON in 2.2.0, DA Buyers will FIRST look into all your stations, and if they cannot find an NPC station with more wares than the amount available in your stations, then they will buy to this NPC station. Now it's going to be a good idea to consider a DA Buyer instead of a Freighter.

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Tue, 21. Nov 17, 21:13

@Joubarbe,

Did you have a chance to look at the save game I posted a few messages above? For some reason, after 10ish game days, all hostile traffic (Xenon, pirates, Yaki) stopped. I have had it in 3 MayHem games in a row.

TIA

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Tue, 21. Nov 17, 21:42

Should be fixed. To be honest, I'm stupid and I don't have a compatible version of Mayhem to run the 2.1.3 and test your savegame :) (it wouldn't take much more time to make the development a little bit more professional, but that's no fun!) ... and 2.2.0 is incompatible with previous versions.

What you can do however, is to backup your savegames in your next playthroughs. Then it would be debuggable.

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Tue, 21. Nov 17, 23:53

Thanks Joubarbe! This mod is the reason I have both ED and SC on hold !!! :-)

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Wed, 22. Nov 17, 00:13

VincentTH wrote:Thanks Joubarbe! This mod is the reason I have both ED and SC on hold !!! :-)
I have personally have SC on hold because release is nowhere in sight...

But there will still be a place for this game even with ED and SC because neither of these two games allows for or will allow the kind of empire building that I enjoy in the X series. Even Eve fails in that regard.

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Wed, 22. Nov 17, 04:58

@Joubarbe,

I have 2 scenarios that I would like to know how it can be unfolded:

- I have a sector with just the Sanctuary and an OWP. The Paranid came and destroyed the Sanctuary, but I jump in in time to save the OWP. According to the Release notes, I still own the sector, but then
(1) How can I rebuild the Sanctuary?

- I have another sector with just a Sanctuary and a Scruffin farm. The paranid destroyed my Sanctuary, but I still hold the Scruffin Farm.
(2) In this case, would a new Sanctuary be spawned, and if so, on what cue? (respawned when hostility still in the sector, or when the Dirty Invade/Claim tag in the Ministry of War is off (which is forever :-))

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Wed, 22. Nov 17, 09:05

In 2.2.0, you will have the possibility to give an existing sector to another race, or to abandon it (ownership set to Unknown and all properties destroyed). That will reduce your threat level.

In your case, you would have to abandon your sector. I'm probably gonna add a 6-hour period in which you won't be able to capture an abandoned sector.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Wed, 22. Nov 17, 17:19

Das its bootiful!

(lot of texts = lot of English mistakes... Panda power!)

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Wed, 22. Nov 17, 17:41

Joubarbe wrote:In 2.2.0, you will have the possibility to give an existing sector to another race, or to abandon it (ownership set to Unknown and all properties destroyed). That will reduce your threat level.

In your case, you would have to abandon your sector. I'm probably gonna add a 6-hour period in which you won't be able to capture an abandoned sector.
Thanks, that's good to know.

So we have Khaak attacking miners now :-)

Aven Valkyr
x3ap

Post by Aven Valkyr » Wed, 22. Nov 17, 22:07

I'm sure this has been asked a million times but how in the world is a person supposed to get started here? I have gone through the pipe to the end, gotten the final message, and that's it. I've captured an N, but since I can't dock it anywhere to sell it, I sent it home and dismantled it (after scanning it). Aside from that, I don't know. There's no combat missions aside from the impossible missions the other corps seem to give you. There's no bounty of any kind, fighting other ships is not really possible since you can't repair your damage, except at the PHQ, but then you are spending precious resources to do so, which you then need to buy more of, but oh wait guess what? There's no way to make money in this.

One thing that really grinds me about the modders in the X universe is that everyone who does the overhaul mods are trying to pull far far away from the combat aspect of this game and more into trading/mining/building aspect. I'm sorry but I enjoy a combat driven game, not one where i have to micromanage a bunch of freighters.

The concept of the mod is good, I do like the dynamic universe aspect. I thought that was a concept that would never be seen in X3 because the God engine of the game is just so damn rigid. But Mayhem has its own flavour, the world you play in seems to have a life of its own. Right off the bat you can sense dynamic nature of this mod. And starting with your own HQ is really nice too. It's functional and does stuff for you that you would expect an HQ to do.

But again, it's hamstrung by a completely lacking combat system. I divert back to my original statement and say that it's impossible to get going in this. There's no official wiki, there's nothing to say "this is what you need to do right away to get yourself going". There's tutorials that talk about feeding your citizens, and then from that to taking over sectors and scanning ships??? like WTF?? So, I'm going to literally start a war just to scan an M5 and then to do what with it?? I can't even build the damn thing. Or maybe I can but I literally have to sell my resources right off the bat so I can buy some extra food. What do I need to do, scan a freighter just so I can set up an ST and sit in SETA for 5 hours? Like seriously, what am I supposed to do here?? How do you get started in this??

Pro's of Mayhem:
- Dynamic world!
- Interesting start mechanics
- Really draws you into the lore
- PHQ's, your own sectors, conquerable terretories
- Love/Hate relationships between factions. Attacking one will make other factions (and corps), hate you.
- You have to build everything, therefore making PHQ something really nice to have!

Negs of Mayhem:
- The scope of the game is explained nicely, but there is no further direction past that
- Lack of WiKi, forum, or any outside guidance
- LACK OF COMBAT, making the start of the game almost brutally unbearable
- Sole focus on trade and economy, no systems whatsoever in place to do combat and make money
- Inabilty to buy or sell ships makes selling claimed ships impossible. You either have to use them or melt them down

Overall: 4/10 if you like combat games. 8.5/10 if you like empire building/logistics games

I will personally be uninstalling this since I play X for the combat. Thank you for your efforts and I applaude your ability as a coder. I just wish you would come out with a module for Mayhem that really gives us an opportunity to take part in combat, especially in the early game, and yet still have it all balanced with the overall theme of being a struggling corp.

Berhg
x4

Post by Berhg » Wed, 22. Nov 17, 23:36

Aven Valkyr wrote: I will personally be uninstalling this since I play X for the combat. Thank you for your efforts and I applaude your ability as a coder. I just wish you would come out with a module for Mayhem that really gives us an opportunity to take part in combat, especially in the early game, and yet still have it all balanced with the overall theme of being a struggling corp.
Well, I was going to make some suggestions until this. Gee wiz.

Guess the mods just not for you, bub. Have fun with other ones. Try XRM!
Save the bunnies! RTFM

[ external image ]

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”