Steam/GOG etc - Free Stuff (or very, very cheap)

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

muppetts
x3tc

Post by muppetts » Tue, 7. Nov 17, 07:52

Alan Phipps wrote:Hey guys, most people look at new posts here hoping to find freebies or bargains rather than vending policy debate. :wink:
+1
VURT The only Feathers to Fly With......

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Tue, 7. Nov 17, 09:29

muppetts wrote:
Alan Phipps wrote:Hey guys, most people look at new posts here hoping to find freebies or bargains rather than vending policy debate. :wink:
+1
Um, that conversation finished a week and a half ago, why are you bringing it up again?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Tue, 7. Nov 17, 21:06

Tamina wrote:You can get Watch_Dogs free on UPlay. (Ubisoft)
Thanks a lot for the hint. :)
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Tue, 7. Nov 17, 21:26

Just a note:

For those into 3D, the Substance "Bundle", including Substance Painter 2, Substance Designer and Bitmap2Material is on sale for a couple more days through Steam. You end up saving 25%, $100 USD. I have seen it at a steeper discount, though. So, if you're waiting for it to be cheaper, check during the Thanksgiving sale or even towards the end of the year. No guarantees, though, and $100 is a nice chunk.

This is a really powerful, premier, PBR materials/textures program with a load of other nice 3D features one would expect. (UV mapping, normal maps, layered material sets, tons of import/export options.)

Note: By registering with Allegorithmic and sending them an email, you'll get the Steam Free exe versions if you want them. (And you would.) The "subscription fee" plans are ONLY for updates and feature patches - It's not a hostage-ware subscription fee, so you don't "have" to have it.

felter
xr

Post by felter » Fri, 10. Nov 17, 18:42

This is way out there. First if you own StarCraft II wings of liberty, right now you can get StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm for free. I got an email about it today and nearly binned it as one of those free gift scam mails I sometimes get, but this is genuine. To claim log onto battlenet and click the gift button next to your username in the top right corner, do it now as it's only available till December 8th.

Remember you need to own the first one to get this. I was never a great fan of the StarCraft II, so I only ever bought the first episode, but I'll take the second episode for free.
Florida Man Makes Announcement.
We live in a crazy world where winter heating has become a luxury item.

wwdragon
x4

Post by wwdragon » Fri, 10. Nov 17, 19:22

Syberia 1 available for free on gog.com for limited time.
About 23 hours left from this point.
Editing posts since long before I remember.

muppetts
x3tc

Post by muppetts » Sat, 11. Nov 17, 11:18

pjknibbs wrote:
muppetts wrote:
+1
Um, that conversation finished a week and a half ago, why are you bringing it up again?
That would be the blindingly obvious discussion on Uplay again, keep up.
VURT The only Feathers to Fly With......

korio
Moderator (Español)
Moderator (Español)
x4

Post by korio » Mon, 13. Nov 17, 10:28

The game Hitman Sniper for Android is Free for 4 more days in the Android App Store.

I know, its not a steam game, but its free anyways :D

felter
xr

Post by felter » Mon, 13. Nov 17, 15:20

korio wrote:The game Hitman Sniper for Android is Free for 4 more days in the Android App Store.

I thought. hey I'll give it a look. The first thing it does once I download and start it up is ask for permission to look at my photos, why does it need access to my photos.
Florida Man Makes Announcement.
We live in a crazy world where winter heating has become a luxury item.

InFlamesForEver
x3tc

Post by InFlamesForEver » Mon, 13. Nov 17, 15:37

felter wrote:
korio wrote:The game Hitman Sniper for Android is Free for 4 more days in the Android App Store.

I thought. hey I'll give it a look. The first thing it does once I download and start it up is ask for permission to look at my photos, why does it need access to my photos.
So it can sell and n00dz it finds. Obviously.
In Flames We Trust
Listening to Whitechapel soothes the soul!! :D     ¹ ¤ ¹      But, the nuns are watching...
Samuel Creshal wrote:Keyboards: What separates the men from the boys.
XRM Trailer - XRM Installation Guide Video

Rug
x4

Post by Rug » Mon, 13. Nov 17, 15:41

felter wrote:The first thing it does once I download and start it up is ask for permission to look at my photos, why does it need access to my photos.
Just guessing, but perhaps you can save screenshots, and it stores them in that folder ?

Any other ideas ?

Rug
I like to think everyone just wants to feel human.

(Antilogic)

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Tue, 14. Nov 17, 19:28

Plants vs. Zombies GOTY free on Origin.

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Wed, 15. Nov 17, 20:46

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Tue, 21. Nov 17, 04:50

Brutal Legend a rock and roll themed game is free on humble bundle.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/comm ... gend_free/

wwdragon
x4

Post by wwdragon » Tue, 21. Nov 17, 16:18

MDK 1 free on gog.com right now!
Editing posts since long before I remember.

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Tue, 21. Nov 17, 16:22

burger1 wrote:Brutal Legend a rock and roll themed game is free on humble bundle.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/comm ... gend_free/
One of the most awesome game concepts, ever... Thanks for the headsup!

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Tue, 21. Nov 17, 21:15

It looks like some black Friday sales have started. Gog has some. The game MDK is free also.

mrbadger
x3tc

MDK currently free on GOG

Post by mrbadger » Wed, 22. Nov 17, 10:24

Just in case anyones interested, or can even remember this game, it's free today.

Not sure how long it'll be free for, bit too busy to investigate, got it myself, posted here, now I've got to get back to work.
If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. ... Niccolò Machiavelli

Jericho
x2

Post by Jericho » Wed, 22. Nov 17, 10:51

Ooooo, I remember I had a demo for this (Atari ST perhaps?)

Found it pleasantly different.
"I've got a bad feeling about this!" Harrison Ford, 5 times a year, trying to land his plane.

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Wed, 22. Nov 17, 15:13

I got the demo of MDK on a "PCGAmer" disk, way back when. And, IIRC, that was several years before it was released.

Return to “Off Topic English”