Bullying Terrans? Improving relations later?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

mistercat
x3ap

Bullying Terrans? Improving relations later?

Post by mistercat » Sat, 18. Nov 17, 02:05

Since the Terrans are fairly isolated, I was wondering what the implications of pirating their ships are. Obviously relations will go down.

How dangerous is this?

If relations get really bad, is it very difficult to normalize them to Citizen?

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Sat, 18. Nov 17, 03:17

Because of their isolation, regaining their favour may be a little tougher than with the main Commonwealth races, but not impossible. Of course, the more you antagonize them, the harder it will be to clear your name with them farther down the line...
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Sat, 18. Nov 17, 07:38

On the other hand, they are so isolated that no matter how mad at you they might get they really don't get in the way much.
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

jlehtone
x4

Re: Bullying Terrans? Improving relations later?

Post by jlehtone » Sat, 18. Nov 17, 14:39

mistercat wrote:How dangerous is this?

If relations get really bad, is it very difficult to normalize them to Citizen?
Dangerous? Obnoxious evil aliens are best kept dead. Very dead. Not merely lightly killed and crunchy, but properly and thoroughly decimated. :split:

I've been treating the Terran Problem for a while now. They call me Enemy of Sol, but I'm still 12% from perfection. At this stage it takes clearing a sector of dozen Terran Capitals to slice one more percentage off my reputation. Going down to the deep end is way harder than returning to neutral.

Like Tim said, these villains are neatly cornered and pose no danger to honest business.

There is a (probably cheesy) method for wiping Terran "false" memories. It involves killing. (That is how I eliminate problems.)

The Xenon Hub.

When the Xenon lose a ship, their Shipyards send a replacement. The replacement uses shortest route. The Admin of the Hub can offer a shorter route. However, that route does include one Terran sector. Should something bad happen to innocent Xenon ships that trespass Terran space, the evil Terrans will celebrate the culprit.

It won't take many I, J, K before the Terrans start to name their babies after you. (You obviously have to kill the Xenon twice: first to spawn a replacement and again to stop that new ship.)
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Bill Huntington
x3tc

Post by Bill Huntington » Sat, 18. Nov 17, 16:36

You asked a good question, mistercat. It's tempting to kill them or cap them but there's a rep cost. There's very few ways to earn Terran rep when you want to get it back. The usual answer is to kill Argon in Terran controlled war sectors. That's a lot of Argon because you only get a few Terran rep points for it. If you never wanted to good Terran rep, your idea is fine. Otherwise, it isn't.
Bill in S.F., enjoying the game

mistercat
x3ap

Re: reply

Post by mistercat » Sat, 18. Nov 17, 19:49

Bill Huntington wrote:You asked a good question, mistercat. It's tempting to kill them or cap them but there's a rep cost. There's very few ways to earn Terran rep when you want to get it back. The usual answer is to kill Argon in Terran controlled war sectors. That's a lot of Argon because you only get a few Terran rep points for it. If you never wanted to good Terran rep, your idea is fine. Otherwise, it isn't.
Terrans have some very good personal ships, which is why I was cautious. I think I'm a revolutionary now. All because I took some assassination missions (didn't even know who the target was until I accepted the mission). I guess I'll stop that now.

ubuntufreakdragon
x4

Post by ubuntufreakdragon » Sat, 18. Nov 17, 22:04

if playing AP
Spoiler
Show
you should store 100+ Hullplatning and 250MAMWarheads beforehand, you will need them later.
And you may want to buy a springblossom before ruining your rep.
Edit: Forgot spoiler tags
Last edited by ubuntufreakdragon on Sun, 19. Nov 17, 04:14, edited 3 times in total.
My X3 Mods

XRebirth, things left to patch:
In General; On Firing NPC's; In De Vries; Out Of Zone; And the Antiwishlist

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Sun, 19. Nov 17, 02:26

[post withdrawn]
EDIT: I came across a bit harshly there - my apologies
-
-
-
The Write Stuff

jlehtone
x4

Re: reply

Post by jlehtone » Sun, 19. Nov 17, 11:18

mistercat wrote:Terrans have some very good personal ships, which is why I was cautious. I think I'm a revolutionary now. All because I took some assassination missions (didn't even know who the target was until I accepted the mission).
Terran ships can be captured/boarded. Valhalla has to be, for it is not on sale anywhere. Then again, Valhalla is hardly a "good personal" ship.

Some Assassination announcements do have "<racename> Cartel" text in them (or "<racename> Pirate" that can produce "Pirates Pirate"), but not all. If you offer me a mission, you either tell all relevant facts up front, or be prepared to experience a reload event should your job contains surprises.

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Sun, 19. Nov 17, 16:16

It's probably easier for me to just let the Terrans hate me because I don't really like using Terran ships anyway. Rate of fire and projectile velocity on their guns are too slow for my taste.
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

Wonders

Post by Wonders » Mon, 20. Nov 17, 22:49

[X3AP] Segaris is on the border of a Xenon Sector. Just kill the Xenon that enter Segaris, it is really fast if you have enough firepower and they just keep spawning even before the last mission of that specific plot :P

Thrake
x3ap

Post by Thrake » Sat, 25. Nov 17, 14:27

A quick but costly way to repair reputation is to find a race you don't care about, ask for a TL to follow you in the sector of the race you want to improve relations with and shoot the TL. It will however completely destroy your reputation with the race of the TL (I must have been at 4 or 5 Teladi rank and then went down to -4) but you get an quick and significant boost to relationships and don't require super fancy ships. That fixed my Yaki rep so I can dock there.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sat, 25. Nov 17, 16:43

Thrake wrote:A quick but costly way to repair reputation is to find a race you don't care about, ask for a TL to follow you in the sector of the race you want to improve relations with and shoot the TL. It will however completely destroy your reputation with the race of the TL (I must have been at 4 or 5 Teladi rank and then went down to -4) but you get an quick and significant boost to relationships and don't require super fancy ships. That fixed my Yaki rep so I can dock there.
Not quite.

Shooting a Boron TL in Argon space will not solve your argonian issues. Quite the opposite. It is not enough to pick someone you don't care about; you have to choose an enemy of the ones, whose tailpipes you wish to moisturize.

You had Yaki to please. Yaki are like the good people of Agua caliente. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MocnTuhkQdQ

If you have reputation on the positive and shoot a TL, M1, or M2, then you drop to -1000 (or -1250) rep points (depending on game), which corresponds to race rank -2 at 0% or a bit below.

Shooting additional ships costs only some hundred rep points. If you are already on race rank -5 with the race you don't care, it takes about dozen capital kills to lose just one more percentage unit.

Thrake
x3ap

Post by Thrake » Sun, 26. Nov 17, 20:47

jlehtone wrote:
Thrake wrote:A quick but costly way to repair reputation is to find a race you don't care about, ask for a TL to follow you in the sector of the race you want to improve relations with and shoot the TL. It will however completely destroy your reputation with the race of the TL (I must have been at 4 or 5 Teladi rank and then went down to -4) but you get an quick and significant boost to relationships and don't require super fancy ships. That fixed my Yaki rep so I can dock there.
Not quite.

Shooting a Boron TL in Argon space will not solve your argonian issues. Quite the opposite. It is not enough to pick someone you don't care about; you have to choose an enemy of the ones, whose tailpipes you wish to moisturize.

You had Yaki to please. Yaki are like the good people of Agua caliente. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MocnTuhkQdQ

If you have reputation on the positive and shoot a TL, M1, or M2, then you drop to -1000 (or -1250) rep points (depending on game), which corresponds to race rank -2 at 0% or a bit below.

Shooting additional ships costs only some hundred rep points. If you are already on race rank -5 with the race you don't care, it takes about dozen capital kills to lose just one more percentage unit.
Well... Yeah. I didn't explain the basics of how reputation works, I thought it was a given. Especially when you're talking about Terrans, it works pretty much like Yaki. Actually you could invite Argon, Boron, Split, Teladi, Paranid and Yaki for a hudge TL firework.

I didn't remind the details about Teladi, but I know I could buy most stuff from them, indeed I hired the TL to bring in a weed complex for the Yaki to smoke, hoping the fumes would make them more welcoming. It turned out that the fumes of the TL were good enough for them, once not red, I could deliver directly the weed in the station, get missions in border territory and convince the ships to not be hostile by spamming friend requests on facebook (even after a couple "no"s they get bored and eventually say "yes"). There was still the freaky red patrol in weaver's tempest though, but I smoothed it eventually too. If you wants the details, there was also a patrol of Paranids in Ocracoke at the same time, so I helped the Yaki blowing a couple M3 as an extra.

On the other hand the lethal forcccce was used on me in Teladi sectors because I was arming their profitssss :evil:

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Mon, 27. Nov 17, 05:23

Thrake wrote: ... convince the ships to not be hostile by spamming friend requests on Facebook ...
Hi,

Hilarious!!!

cu
Rainer

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Mon, 27. Nov 17, 05:52

RainerPrem wrote:
Thrake wrote: ... convince the ships to not be hostile by spamming friend requests on Facebook ...
Hi,

Hilarious!!!
+1
+1
+1
+1
+1
+1
ummm... etc :P

Personally, I think that would, or should, have the reverse effect - just as it would on FB (at least, it would certainly increase my hostility level!)
-
-
-
The Write Stuff

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”