Out-of-sector combat mechanics

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Reven
x4

Out-of-sector combat mechanics

Post by Reven » Fri, 24. Nov 17, 19:45

Back in X2 out of sector offensive strength was based on the ship weapon loadout. Each gun had a stat for out-of-sector strength. I haven't really followed the changes along the way, what are the current mechanics for X3AP? What I read infers that OOS offensive strength is now a per-ship property, not based on loadout. Is this the case?
You were warned... pirates will be hunted down like vermin.

Ex Turbo Modestum

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Fri, 24. Nov 17, 21:12

No, that's not the case. OOS-combat still depends on weapon layout. X3AP now even allows to read out OOS laser damage via MSCI commands and define IS and OOS damage separately in the TBullets file.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Reven
x4

Post by Reven » Sat, 25. Nov 17, 04:04

Ah, great. I had wondered where that was - I was looking in TLaser (where it was in X2).

It looks like OOS combat has more depth now. In X2 there was only a single OOS strength value for each weapon, and I see that there are now separate OOS shield and hull damage values for weapons. None of the X3 resources seem to list OOS damage, so I'm building a spreadsheet. I'll post when done.

Do you know if shot speed vs target vessel size/manoeuverability are taken into account in the OOS combat model? In other words, is there any value in equipping a weapon with lower OOS strength but a high shot speed on a ship intended to defend primarily against fighters while OOS? This was never in the old model.
You were warned... pirates will be hunted down like vermin.

Ex Turbo Modestum

SirNukes
x4

Post by SirNukes » Wed, 29. Nov 17, 20:18

I never did find any good documentation on the rules used for OOS combat in AP. If you search around, there are older threads with tidbits on the updates done for AP, eg. https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=315824. Since a lot of it is based on a mod for TC, you could also look at that to get some idea of what might be included: https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=249331.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”