[SCR] [X3AP] Drone Mining and Trading System v1.2.2 [UPDATED 11/08/2014]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

zanzal
x3tc

Post by zanzal » Mon, 10. Nov 14, 05:44

Yeah I'm using it for Ore-powered plexes.. Got a nice missile plex going - just add ore and silicon then missiles come out. Drone Miners automatically taking care of the overflow.

New Tip added: Of the three commands available, Drone Mine and Trade is the most automated. It can perform the function of Collect and Dump at the home base by setting the mineral restocking quotas and a home base.

Nemesis_87
x3tc

Post by Nemesis_87 » Wed, 12. Nov 14, 11:10

Also energy cell generator is a good mod to have, so your TL's can jump around the galaxy without running out of fuel

malyen777
x3tc

Post by malyen777 » Wed, 12. Nov 14, 14:50

5 Stars, loving this Mod, it is awesome! Keep up the good work. :) Using the latest AP 3.1 and it runs perfectly.

zanzal
x3tc

Post by zanzal » Wed, 12. Nov 14, 14:52

The Drone Mine and Trade command will automatically refuel when necessary provided you set an amount under 'Fuel Resupply Quantity (Jumps).' That doesn't mean an E-Cell Generator doesn't help though. It should reduce the amount of pit stops the TL has to make when trading to almost none..

Midnightknight
x4

Post by Midnightknight » Wed, 12. Nov 14, 15:13

Hi. I use this mod for my new game and i have an issue (had it on the old game too ... But wanted to try on a clean one).

If i simple tell to my TL to mine and wait for further instruction all go well he dock at his homebase and it's fine. but it don't unload the stuff cause i didn't asked him.

The issue is if i use the 2nd command asking him to dumb in homebase, i simply freeze when it dock no mater what i try. I make it dock to my PHQ so yeah it can hold cap ships it have plenty cargo space but at the second it dock, i have to ctrl+alt+del and kill X3. IC or OOS do the same thing.

Nemesis_87
x3tc

Post by Nemesis_87 » Wed, 12. Nov 14, 19:49

1.14?

zanzal
x3tc

Post by zanzal » Wed, 12. Nov 14, 21:31

Midnightknight wrote:The issue is if i use the 2nd command asking him to dumb in homebase, i simply freeze when it dock no mater what i try. I make it dock to my PHQ so yeah it can hold cap ships it have plenty cargo space but at the second it dock, i have to ctrl+alt+del and kill X3. IC or OOS do the same thing.
Yeah, that was the bug I introduced in 1.1.4, I fixed it in 1.2.2 and so you will want to upgrade ASAP. Sorry about that.

Midnightknight
x4

Post by Midnightknight » Thu, 13. Nov 14, 07:09

I'm in 1.2.0 but will try the 1.2.2 right now.

Midnightknight
x4

Post by Midnightknight » Fri, 12. Dec 14, 16:15

Hi,

Using it for some time now and all works fine except ... My miners never bust roids.

I have a Mamooth and an orca. The mam got a mining laser and some hammer missiles but he always fail in busting roids. Should i be in sector for it to work ..?

Or is it maybe to get a command on M7M to bust all at a time so i don't have to go check how it is doing and bust them manualy?

Nemesis_87
x3tc

Post by Nemesis_87 » Fri, 12. Dec 14, 19:53

OOS works fine, just IS is usually the problem. Also max yield it will blow up is 19. So if it's higher just DIY

zanzal
x3tc

Post by zanzal » Sun, 14. Dec 14, 02:16

Greetings Midnightknight, I am looking into this issue. Please try this:

1. Disequip the mobile drilling laser from the ship (leave the laser unequipped in the ship's cargo bay).

2. Give the order to mine in a sector that has no uncollected debris while you are OOS (or give the order then jump out, whatever works.)

Let me know if it still gives you the fail message.

I think there is a bug that it is not seeing the mobile drilling system if it is in the last turret slot of the ship, but I never actually wanted the MDS to be equipped to the ship because it is not good for defending your TL. For OOS busting you can have one in the cargo bay and it will equip the laser, bust the roid, and requip the previous laser.

Let me know if that helps. Busting in-sector I am still waiting to test.. My drone miner is busily clearing my sector of debris.

Midnightknight
x4

Post by Midnightknight » Sun, 14. Dec 14, 06:47

Hi!

The issue is fixed i don't know if it was the issue or because the roids i blasted before weren't scaned anymore after respawn but all work well now.

Thank you anyway for your response but the issue was solved by my own means before seeing your post!

And for my debris i set 2 atmos lifter in collect all after A drone mamoth cleaned all the minerals of the sector before this. It worked pretty well if that can help you! (Know all is clean except the big roids i don't want to bust)

Nemesis_87
x3tc

Post by Nemesis_87 » Sat, 1. Oct 16, 12:07

Hi, just curious.

Is there a minimum cargo hold size requirement? Because i tried to set a M1 ATF wooden carrier as a miner (XXL cargo 11500 hold) and when i try to set it to mine it says missing requirements cargo bay extension, But i try it with an ATF odin M1 for example (XXL 12000+ hold) it seems fine

any suggestions?

thanks

Lone Machete
x3ap

Please help me someone

Post by Lone Machete » Sun, 3. Dec 17, 06:12

Hey there. I just registered to contact you. I'm greatly enjoying your work and played many hours with it. I encounter an issue thou, that the miner when set to "dump at homebase" command and if you are having a bigger factory complex with 4000+ ore and 3000+ silicone, the TL will only unload about 1000-2000 of each and then return to mining. So the ship bay stays half filled when it returns mining. I have also put the "keep stocked" numbers to the exact capacity of the complex.

I hope so badly you still read this thread, as X3AP XRM is really my passion and I would be so glad if you could help me with this issue. Many thanks in advance

dispostableatheist

Post by dispostableatheist » Tue, 18. Sep 18, 10:40

Any way to up the size of asteroids? I got a couple 27-30 nividium, can't bust 'em because it goes only to 19.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”