Help needed: How do I call NPCs when away from Stations - mod issue.

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

cedeos
x4

Help needed: How do I call NPCs when away from Stations - mod issue.

Post by cedeos » Fri, 1. Dec 17, 12:25

Maybe I am doing something wrong.
When I am away from Stations i.e. not near any Docking points, I cannot call any NPCs in the Zone. If I am near a docking point it works via Info, but only for NPCs on the corresponding Station. If I am away the "Call"-Button is always greyed out.
I have seen in various Let'sPlays, that they could call any NPC, even when they were far away from the station.
Do I need a mod? An upgrade for the Skunk? I am Lost.
Could anyone please help, as this is very annoying.

Thanks

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Fri, 1. Dec 17, 15:20

Hi cedeos,

Maybe I'm missing your point but you can communicate with all hired NPCs by selecting the station/ship from the property menu. Those NPCs not hired can be called only if your are close to the station where they are located.

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Fri, 1. Dec 17, 16:07

There are 2 ways that I know of.

1- From the sidebar menu, you should have a submenu to contact most NPC in the zone. (Traders, ship maintenance and hireable crew, ship sellers.) The only NPC you can't contact this way are the Black Market dealers I think.

2- As Euclid said, you can load the station property window. There should be a header line that says something similar to "## NPC working on this station". While you can't expand this line, you can hit "4" to open a new menu with the list of NPCs aboard the station, dock by dock. This will allow you to see and comm every NPC on board, even those black market dudes. Note that you have to be within radar range of the station (35 km I think).

So option one: contact almost all NPC in zone/comm range. Option two: contact every NPC on a single station.
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

ajax34i
x4

Post by ajax34i » Fri, 1. Dec 17, 22:08

As above:

If you're in the zone, regardless of how far, the fifth option down from the top (on the toolbar on the left) is to trade/interact with almost everybody that you could speak to in person. The only people you cannot directly trade with are the black market vendors, for them you have to select and target one of the docking points on their station, then select them from the list of vendors that appears in the info menu.

And here's a trick that you can use for that, if you're very far away: open the map, click the station, and push the button to comm the station. Talk to the trade manager and select "how can I find you"? No matter how far away you are, this will make the station's docking port icon visible, so you can click it, and call the trader you want from its info box.

As far as mods, the Show Skills one works with calling.

cedeos
x4

Post by cedeos » Mon, 4. Dec 17, 09:56

Thanks for your answers. But this is not working for me.
I deactivated all mods to check, but if I am not using the "Info" on a Stations Docking Point I cannot communicate with anybody in the Zone, the "Comm"-Button is always greyed out. And if I am using the "Info" I can only communicate with people on said Station.
But nevermind, that is inconvinient, but not a deal breaker.

Thanks again for your help.

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Mon, 4. Dec 17, 11:54

cedeos wrote:Thanks for your answers. But this is not working for me.
I deactivated all mods to check, but if I am not using the "Info" on a Stations Docking Point I cannot communicate with anybody in the Zone, the "Comm"-Button is always greyed out. And if I am using the "Info" I can only communicate with people on said Station.
But nevermind, that is inconvinient, but not a deal breaker.

Thanks again for your help.
Hi,

Enter-5-any number from 1 to 8 should work. If not you should ask the question in the modding forum, because "all mods deactivated" is IMHO not the same as "vanilla".

just my 0.02 creditsss
Rainer

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Mon, 4. Dec 17, 12:58

cedeos wrote: ............I deactivated all mods to check...........
It's likely a mod is causing this. And RainerPrem is right: Mods potentially leave a trace in your saved game.

To check that, deactivate all mods and then start a new game. Does this solve the problem? If so, save your new game and then activate one mod and check your new game again. Activate the next mod until you find the mod that causes the problem.

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

cedeos
x4

Post by cedeos » Mon, 4. Dec 17, 13:24

Started a new game and now it works.

Thanks a lot for your help

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”