classic flight mode?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 17. Nov 17, 21:25

You all can fly in a straight line with an enemy or missile on your tail if you want. Me, I prefer a myriad of curves. :P
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

DJC
x4

Post by DJC » Tue, 5. Dec 17, 02:58

Xenon_Slayer wrote:What is 'classic' mouse mode? As with X3 and XR we have the behaviour that the ship turns towards the mouse cursor. There are two modes, whether you have to click for the turn or whether it's always on.

Or do you mean 'classic' like in the older X games?
I did not read all posts so if I am repeating something my apologies

I think what the author wants to know in the simplest terms is when you move the mouse the ship moves whether it be slow or fast. Not like Rebirth, Star Citizen, or others where you move the mouse the curser moves but the ship does not. X2,X3, had no curser you moved your mouse the ship moved. I as well cant stand this new type of steering. Just think if your car waited until you made a full turn on the steering wheel before it reacted, CRASH, or an F16 did not respond instantly. This is the future we are talking about. liquid or solid fuels will be obsolete. but even with them the response time would be instant, especially in space.

Updated March 1st 2018
I need to know. will the ship steering be:

move mouse move ship, stop mouse stop ship? X3 and previous

or

move mouse ship follow curser and never stop until curser centered. XR
Attention: All of your ships are under attack

Return to “X4: Foundations”