Greedy pirate question

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Timsup2nothin

Greedy pirate question

Post by Timsup2nothin » Wed, 6. Dec 17, 17:03

So, without going into spoilery details, a plot leads to the destruction of a corporate HQ. Of course I could also take it into my little angry brain to destroy a corporate HQ at any time, and I've seen various fleet incursions that destroyed one now and then as well.

Those HQs do eventually reappear. Does anyone know if they arrive in a TL? Is it possible that said TL could be boarded and the HQ seized?

My immediate thought would be no, but it dawns on me that I have no basis in reality for thinking that. It has never occurred to me to look for an opportunity to try.
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Wed, 6. Dec 17, 17:09

Mmm, a most interesting question! I suspect I may have to pitch a tent and "conduct some research" in the near future... Thanks for suggesting a new use for SEWN :D

Your question also leads me to wonder how regular equipment docks' and trade stations' reconstruction is handled...
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Wed, 6. Dec 17, 17:15

Ohhhhh...hadn't thought of that. I like EqDs...

Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 6. Dec 17, 19:00

I'm pretty sure the 'important facility' stations always intended to be replaced after destruction just respawn sometime while you are not IS. A bit like the Xenon stations (although I have seen them spawn while IS).
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Wed, 6. Dec 17, 20:10

Alan Phipps wrote:I'm pretty sure the 'important facility' stations always intended to be replaced after destruction just respawn sometime while you are not IS. A bit like the Xenon stations (although I have seen them spawn while IS).
My own belief is the same...but as I said it occurs to me that I have no particular reason for believing it other than having just assumed it was true.

However, you have seen one respawn? That's the kind of factual basis I was looking for...though hoping otherwise.

Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 6. Dec 17, 21:12

I've seen them respawn, most recently the Jonferco HQ in Belt of Aguilar (sp?).
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

SirNukes
x4

Post by SirNukes » Wed, 6. Dec 17, 21:34

I also have only ever seen blown up stations respawn seemingly out of nothing, and TL delivery ships only dropping new stations (always ore mines, maybe coincidentally). The only TL delivery routine I know of starts with the TL going to a shipyard to buy the factory first, and quits early if no shipyard stocks it.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 6. Dec 17, 21:44

I've intercepted a number of TL's with replacement stations on board. But they only get replaced if GoD deems them worthy. An easy one to see is the Paranid replacing their lost mines in Nopileo's Memorial, which 'conveniently' <ahem> were destroyed by your truly. :fg: Another memorable one was the Split Advanced Satellite Factory in Thuruk's Beard. Oddly enough, it was a Teladi Albatross that attempted to deliver that one.

On the other hand, destroyed stations in the warzones in AP do appear to respawn in place after a while, with the new owners, including the various mines.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Wed, 6. Dec 17, 21:57

Nanook wrote:I've intercepted a number of TL's with replacement stations on board. But they only get replaced if GoD deems them worthy. An easy one to see is the Paranid replacing their lost mines in Nopileo's Memorial, which 'conveniently' <ahem> were destroyed by your truly. :fg: Another memorable one was the Split Advanced Satellite Factory in Thuruk's Beard. Oddly enough, it was a Teladi Albatross that attempted to deliver that one.

On the other hand, destroyed stations in the warzones in AP do appear to respawn in place after a while, with the new owners, including the various mines.
This reflects my experience as well, but it has never occurred to me to try it with a trading station or EqD. I'll be reporting on that when I get around to the testing phase.

Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 7. Dec 17, 10:41

the GOD engine does use TL's to build station, but if it cant find an available one, then the station will be created anyways.

The persistent stations, like docks and shipyards, will just respawn after a set time in the same place

Pirate bases respawn in a random location when destroyed

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Thu, 7. Dec 17, 11:15

Thanks for the clarification, Cycrow - it's exactly as I suspected (pure guess :D ) Too bad, though - would be nice to intercept a dock of some sort... I expect the same applies to Marine Training Barracks (in X3AP, as these aren't replaced in X3C)
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Thu, 7. Dec 17, 13:54

I assume the trick of jacking TL's carrying IBL Fabs still works properly?
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”