Carriers and NPCs?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Lucius89

Carriers and NPCs?

Post by Lucius89 » Thu, 7. Dec 17, 02:07

So happy to hear about X4. I'll wait to buy it for a while after Rebirth but I do want to ask some questions, hopefully of devs or those in the know:

1) Will carriers be full entities around which we can walk internally, such as when we land on the flight deck, get out and walk around?

2) Will we be able to walk around smaller ships, such as freighters?

3) Will NPCs (such as crew and marines) be actual entities in game that we can see in our ship if we walk around? Example: sleeping quarters, mess halls, showers, etc.

Thanks in advance.

elexis
x4

Post by elexis » Thu, 7. Dec 17, 04:01

Don't know about how fleshed out the interior of ships will be, but it has been confirmed that there will be npc crew on your ship that you will be able to watch as they conduct their jobs - though I think that pilot is the only confirmed crew member role.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Thu, 7. Dec 17, 10:57

Relevant questions and answers from the Q&A thread:
How much the internal parts / cockpit of each spacecraft will be different from each other. Specifically about the large ships (carriers and capital ships) the internal parts of each of them will be different from the other? Can we see the NPCs around these big ships doing their job?
Small ships will have cockpits that match their hull, so there should be quite a bit of variety there. We're not modelling the entire interior of larger ships.

Will some capship have more interio than just a bridge? E.g Carrier hangar?
Possibly some, but don't expect a full interior. We are limiting interior modelling to areas that are relevant to gameplay (and by that I mean gameplay we actually have, not potential gameplay that some people might like but doesn't actually exist in the game).
The crew question was answered in the trailer and video livestreams already, where you can see crew / NPCs aboard ships and stations. For example around 04:07 in the announcement trailer the pilot in one of your ships, around 00:29 in the opening video of the first livestream Paranid crew aboard what appears to be a capital ship bridge and around 10:04 in the first livestream NPCs on stations.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

schedarx
x3ap

Post by schedarx » Thu, 7. Dec 17, 16:08

I don't expect to be able to walk on capital ships or stations. From my point of view it would be a waste of dev's time. Again - we're not aiming for another Star Citizen.

PowerPC603
xr

Post by PowerPC603 » Thu, 7. Dec 17, 19:37

They also said there may be some special interiors to which you normally cannot go during normal gameplay, but they will exist for missions/campaigns which require them.
GamePC: 64bit Quad-core i5-3450 @ 3.1GHz, 12GB RAM, nVidia GeForce RTX2070 8GB, 22" LG Full-HD LED-monitor, Windows 7 Home 64bit

Return to “X4: Foundations”