Argon Phantom in AP

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Bill Huntington
x3tc

Argon Phantom in AP

Post by Bill Huntington » Sat, 9. Dec 17, 19:25

I just took a close look at the Argon Phantom in AP. It's a TP with speed of 180, 5 x 25 shields, and a big cargo bay. It's not quite as fast as an Iguana Vanguard but it's close. I'll use it for transport missions if I don't have an Iguana yet.

Anyone find any novel uses for it?
Bill in S.F., enjoying the game

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Sat, 9. Dec 17, 19:47

This isn't novel, but that speed and shielding make it a favorite for spacewalk boarding.
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Sat, 9. Dec 17, 20:31

Pretty much my favourite TP+, as it has (in my opinion) very stylish looks (actually looks like it should be a fighting ship, with its lines.) The Terran Many is a bit faster, but I find it quite unattractive-looking. The Split Ocelot is the fastest and does have excellent looks, in my opinion - it seems to have "Dragon blood" in it, so to speak...

As for uses for such ships - in addition to being great for spacewalk boarding, they're also excellent recruitment ships, as they can do the rounds of whatever Military Outposts etc that you want to in no time at all. Also, it makes a decent (if rather over-the-top) spaceweed delivery vehicle (perhaps booze, too, but I haven't looked at the cargo numbers for that - spacefuel is more volume-intensive than the wacky-baccy.)
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 9. Dec 17, 23:23

An excellent prison/slaver/pleasure-palace ship if you are role-playing such aspects in your game.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”