Curious about long term mining operations

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Baconfortress
x4

Curious about long term mining operations

Post by Baconfortress » Sun, 10. Dec 17, 07:06

So I have been a huge fan of this series from Terran conflict to rebirth, and though the latter had a rocky start it got really fun.

Rebirth did not really work for me from an "empire building" standpoint, and I think alot of this is because of my preferred business: Mining operations.

In x3 and albion prelude my fleets of ships would mine and mine and deliver to docks and it would be sold and it was great. In rebirth, single miner ships would take an eternity to make their money back, and no matter who I assigned to what I could not get the ships to work together as a fleet or with a station.

I guess the real question is, would X4 have any of the following features (and forgive me if its already been answered)
1. Warehouse style stations to which miners could be assigned to fill
2. Ships that can operate as mobile refineries for smaller ships to deliver to
3. a functional "mining conglomerate" playstyle, after all most of the corps in TC were miners right?

Ive seen that some of the station building is more customized, having a warehouse to store ore, with ships that mine and deliver to it, and then processing and refining centers, loading docks and traders. I mean thats the dream for me. Alot of folks love massive battle fleets and endless chasing of deals, but I think im not alone in liking to dig space rocks.

First we take manhattan
x4

Post by First we take manhattan » Sun, 10. Dec 17, 13:29

I too share your thoughts. Fingers crossed

iforgotmysocks
x4

Post by iforgotmysocks » Thu, 14. Dec 17, 01:16

While typical mining warehouses in X-R are working quite well, it does feel like the demand isn't quite as high as in X3 if i remember right. (It's been a while)

Hence the universe is going to be dynamic and all ship production is going to happen through actuall building this could improve alot if said ships would require alot base ressources to be mined (which i hope for). :D

Return to “X4: Foundations”