The asteroid ping-pong is unreal - Fixed!

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Nosscar
x4

Post by Nosscar » Fri, 4. Mar 16, 10:48

Yes, it is most annoying flying through an asteriod field, and now compounded by the hol dlc, in toride cap ship travel is a nightmare due to hitting those asteriod spikes all the time.

Strange thing is, there is a few zones where i have seen my ships fly through the asteriods. (no collision detection) so is it a bug affecting certain zones.

I did write a post about this back in beta,
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... t=#4587189
[ external image ]
Asus Tuf A17 Ryzen 7 - 4800h, GTX 1660ti, 16mb ram, ssd drive. win 11.

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Sun, 13. Mar 16, 19:27

Nosscar wrote: Strange thing is, there is a few zones where i have seen my ships fly through the asteriods. (no collision detection) so is it a bug affecting certain zones.
I don't think it's even zone-dependent: recently I was flying in a Balor with a small fleet accompanying me, somewhere in Molten Archon, and needless to say my captain managed to hit a rock. The rest of the fleet sped past me. Shortly after, I saw another of my ships fly right through an asteroid, barely a stone's (lol) throw away from where mine had run aground, and within visual range (well, obviously, else how would I have seen it?)
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

gadrael

Post by gadrael » Tue, 15. Mar 16, 11:08

Yes, it's really annoying, especially in Toride and DeVries, and I hope it will be fixed :/
For now I just leave my capship and thrust to nearby empty space and wait a moment, when you are not inside the zone with your ships there is no problem :)

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Tue, 15. Mar 16, 13:21

gadrael wrote:Yes, it's really annoying, especially in Toride and DeVries, and I hope it will be fixed :/
For now I just leave my capship and thrust to nearby empty space and wait a moment, when you are not inside the zone with your ships there is no problem :)
Sounds to me a bit like jumping overboard from my yacht to swim ahead and wait for it to catch up to me. Problem is: the Albion Skank doesn't have a drinks holder, entertainment console, and there's no room for my masseuse, unless I assign her to my marine officer - but then I'd have to board a ship just to get a back-rub :S
-
-
-
The Write Stuff

Loltak
x4

Post by Loltak » Tue, 15. Mar 16, 18:24

Hi,
I +1 above post, this behaviour is annoying and sometime not very fun :(
To finish "another gate" mission I'm exploring West gate sector.
To avoid spoiler, I will say that I'm a in a far zone from 4-Nirin treaty .
Spoiler
Show
9 -Noble ambitions
As I was in bad condition, I dock to my Taranis to go to civilised sector for repairing.
The direct way between this sector and Nirin treaty is ± to boost in straight line in empty space and avoid all zones between. The Taranis seems to be obliged to go through all the intermediate sector plenty of rock.
Result : it bounces all the time and at a moment it do a crazy bouncing ballet in front of 3 well armed platform ;) (and yet destroyed not so long time before!). Before be able to manoeuvre for boosting it was practically destroyed...
Finaly, I reload the game and oblige the Taranis to jump by choosing a other sector as destination.
I will continue the exploration with the Taranis not far away but in trying to setup its travel OOZ.

I also hope something could be done about this.
At least when you are on a cap. ship if we can have a "jump" order even in the same zone it could be great (without need of mod).

Bye :)
X4: Fondations Vanilla all extension.
Casual ineffective player at slow pace

Carl Sumner
x4

Post by Carl Sumner » Fri, 18. Mar 16, 03:01

I am seeing the capital ships trying to avoid the asteroids when I am near. But when in boost they just can't turn fast enough. Maybe they should drop out of boost when that close. But they are trying...

They will probably do more "tuning" soon...
Tinker

"If engineers built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization!"

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Sun, 10. Dec 17, 15:47

Necro Alert! but within reason.

I haven't seen mentioned in the recent patches but in my latest playthrough this ping-pong issue seems to be fixed.

Flying around inside a Balor I see it crashes every obstacle in its path, like an ice breaker (can even hear the sound of rocks breaking), which finally makes the game worthy of playing this aspect again.

Congrats Egosoft for the great fix and credit where its due!

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Sun, 10. Dec 17, 15:51

Yup, it was fixed in 4.10, and most welcome it was - and yes, the obliteration of asteroids, which arguably is a bit cheesy, is undeniably satisfying :D Zooming all the way out in external view still bypasses collision detection, for those who prefer that - win-win.
-
-
-
The Write Stuff

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”