Are you going to pre-order?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Are you going to pre-order X4: Foundations?

Yes
43%
No
38%
I'm not sure yet
20%

Total votes: 452

ergo
x3tc

Post by ergo » Sat, 2. Dec 17, 20:08

hell no till I see reviews after 2-3 months and see what they have delivered this time.

Saber15
x4

Post by Saber15 » Sun, 3. Dec 17, 00:28

Maybe. I'll need to see more, but what they've shown so far has been very promising, and has addressed my main issues with X:R

I preordered X Rebirth, and to be honest I wasn't actually that disappointed because I knew that they were going for a totally different take on the series, and I knew from previous egosoft releases that it was going to be a bug-ridden mess at release, doubly so because it was made from scratch, unlike X3TC or X3AP which were built heavily on the previous title (and still bug infested at release)

I played it for a bit to check out the awesome graphics and soundtracks, and let it sit in my library for about a year while all the missing features were added. Now it's a pretty fun game, though not really what I'm looking for in an X-game.

Rice
x3tc

Post by Rice » Sun, 3. Dec 17, 00:49

Greenhorn wrote:(4) Will boron, make it in there?
only as Fish and chips variant at the local Spacebar called BoFu ( slice of Boron with crispy Fungals) :wink:

the game won't flee from me so i have no need to preorder, it's not like those days where you needed to camp the local store to grab your copy or wait weeks for the next Charge.... well i live in the nowhere so it was never a real problem back in the old days, as i was oon of 40 customers at all who bought a game from that store and they planned in advance with their customers what they should order with lists along those standart 1-2 shelfcopies. ^^

will surely grab it when i have time for it ^^
[ external image ][ external image ][ external image ]
Eine der hoffnungsreichsten Lebenslagen ist die, wenn es uns so schlecht geht, dass es uns nicht mehr schlechter gehen kann. [Felix Krull]

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Sun, 3. Dec 17, 00:52

I've never pre-ordered anything in my life and the point of doing so escapes me.

Sockrox
x3tc

Post by Sockrox » Wed, 6. Dec 17, 03:52

Nope. Goodwill got burned with afterbirth.

[FFCW]Urizen
x4

Post by [FFCW]Urizen » Wed, 6. Dec 17, 09:09

Observe wrote:I've never pre-ordered anything in my life and the point of doing so escapes me.
Depending on the preorder, you´re not so wrong. But for example, I prepurchased Fallout 4 and bought the season pass right away. I saved 5 bucks on Fo4 and another 20 on the season pass. Granted, the save on the season pass was an unknown at the time, but 5 bucks are 5 bucks. IIRC I got a similar save on MEA.
Insanity is just another form of brilliance!

schedarx
x3ap

Post by schedarx » Thu, 7. Dec 17, 16:10

Yes if it will be cheaper. Yes if it's going to be EA. No if it's just pre-order.

Doomdog19
x3tc

Post by Doomdog19 » Sun, 10. Dec 17, 19:48

The only way I'll pre-order X4 is if I'm pre-ordering a box edition of the game. When I say box edition, that doesn't mean a CD to install Steam and a key to download it... I want a legitimate X4 CD edition so I can install whenever I want without being reliant on Steam.

Will I pre-order from Steam? After XR, never again.

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Sun, 10. Dec 17, 20:32

Why a boxed copy, no one uses optical media anymore for pc games it's all downloading ones like steam.
[ external image ]
7600x cpu 5.4ghz 32gb DDR5 5600mhz 6700XT 32" 1440p mon

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Sun, 10. Dec 17, 21:12

Skeeter wrote:Why a boxed copy, no one uses optical media anymore for pc games it's all downloading ones like steam.
Because some of us live in third-world countries like the United States, where internet in rural areas is spotty to non-existent and very expensive. Minor updates are one thing, but gigabyte downloads can be problematic.

nemesis1982
x4

Post by nemesis1982 » Tue, 12. Dec 17, 11:27

I selected no. However, I might reconsider if the preorder price in under 40 euro.

If egosoft will do the different preorder bonuses from different shops I'll have to consider if I'll actually buy the game. I HATE those!
Save game editor XR and CAT/DAT Extractor
Keep in mind that it's still a work in progress although it's taking shape nicely.

If anyone is interested in a new save game editor for X4 and would like to contribute to the creation of one let me know. I do not have sufficient time to create it alone, but if there are enough people who want it and want to contribute we might be able to set something up.

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Tue, 12. Dec 17, 12:17

Observe wrote:
Skeeter wrote:Why a boxed copy, no one uses optical media anymore for pc games it's all downloading ones like steam.
Because some of us live in third-world countries like the United States, where internet in rural areas is spotty to non-existent and very expensive. Minor updates are one thing, but gigabyte downloads can be problematic.
That's a shame, tho I think all retail copies of X games have been full on cd/dvd releases so x4 won't be any different imo. Then all u worry about is patches.
[ external image ]
7600x cpu 5.4ghz 32gb DDR5 5600mhz 6700XT 32" 1440p mon

mr.malcom
x4

Post by mr.malcom » Tue, 12. Dec 17, 19:51

Preorder an X Game after the X-Ribirth Preorder disaster? :rofl:
Serious?
:rofl::rofl::rofl:
No Way!

This will be the first X-Game I'm definitely waiting for a test.

soulmonarch
x4

Post by soulmonarch » Wed, 13. Dec 17, 19:24

I desperately want to, but I've been hurt before! T_T

I am cautiously optimistic though.
"I pledge to punch all switches, to never shoot where I could use grenades, to admit the existence of no level except Total Carnage, to never use Caps Lock as my 'run' key, and to never, ever, leave a single Bob alive."
- The Oath of the Vidmaster

Thufar
x4

Post by Thufar » Wed, 13. Dec 17, 21:12

The answer for me has always been yes. I've liked all Egosoft's games, even Rebirth. However, with each live stream, I'm even more optimistic about the X4.

Given Egosoft's support of all their games post release, I'm quite comfortable in prepurchasing.

Regards,
Thu

dreamer2008
x4

Post by dreamer2008 » Wed, 13. Dec 17, 21:19

After seeing what happens with preorders in general, not only X Rebirth, the answer is a resounding no. I love X3 TC+Albion Prelude, but I will wait for reviews for X4.

iforgotmysocks
x4

Post by iforgotmysocks » Thu, 14. Dec 17, 00:30

Egosoft is probably the only company i'm preordering from. (While X-R is the first game i ever preordered) :D

I quite enjoy helping the process of bringing their games to shape and i'm quite confident that it won't take as long as it did with Rebirth ever again. :3

raess2013
x4

Post by raess2013 » Fri, 15. Dec 17, 21:00

no, no, no, no, nooooooo. After X:Rebirth I never preordered again. Good was I pissed.

patient zero
x3tc

Post by patient zero » Fri, 15. Dec 17, 22:17

Observe wrote:
Roger that. I despise software that requires a constant connection to the web just so someone can monitor what I'm doing. And I despise companies that don't care if they burn out the data limits on my web account. Other things being equal, I will always choose a physical copy over a virtual copy.

Re: Preordering :thumb_down:
No. I won't pay full retail price for anything without knowing what I'm getting. But I did buy Egosoft's catalog on Steam just to give them some financial aid.
This is only a virtual reality.

vkerinav
x3ap

Post by vkerinav » Sat, 16. Dec 17, 03:06

As a philosophical question, what's the difference between per-ordering, and ordering the instant it becomes available?

Return to “X4: Foundations”