[X3LU] Mayhem 3.21b

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Zalioth
x4

Post by Zalioth » Wed, 13. Dec 17, 04:56

Joubarbe wrote:Yeah, I may have to reset back the max. storage of all docks because there's this hardcoded auto-consumption thing that I cannot modify. And it doesn't scale...

That being said, you should try to mine your own crystals.
Yep, I am already on that. Gonna set up my own mining fleet ^^

Zalioth
x4

Post by Zalioth » Wed, 13. Dec 17, 04:57

VincentTH wrote:
Joubarbe wrote:Yeah, I may have to reset back the max. storage of all docks because there's this hardcoded auto-consumption thing that I cannot modify. And it doesn't scale...

or do the corp mission to get the black crystal
What magic is that? How do you do that mission? Do you need to be on good terms with one of the faction enemy corps? (atm I am fiendly to everyone)

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Wed, 13. Dec 17, 05:02

Zalioth wrote:
VincentTH wrote:

or do the corp mission to get the black crystal
What magic is that? How do you do that mission? Do you need to be on good terms with one of the faction enemy corps? (atm I am fiendly to everyone)
Spoiler
Show
There is a corp mission that asks you to kill a miner. The Black Crystal that is dropped from the ship is the reward. You don't need rep with corps to do mission for them. You do incur a rep loss with the faction of the ship you kill (the nemesis of the corp).

fia168
x4

Post by fia168 » Wed, 13. Dec 17, 07:27

your mod can be installed on the version of the game X3: Albion Prelude 3.3

The spoilers do not read and do not open.

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Wed, 13. Dec 17, 09:21

Aven Valkyr wrote:I literally need to be hand held and honestly, I'm so pissed off
Hey, keep calm and edit the T file from Mayhem (check out encyclopedia entry on this one) to suit your play speed more.
Id suggest increasing passive threat increase from 1 day to 3-4 days. this gives you plenty of time to set-up everything properly before first invasions etc.

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Wed, 13. Dec 17, 12:26

fia168 wrote:your mod can be installed on the version of the game X3: Albion Prelude 3.3

The spoilers do not read and do not open.
Highlight the text within the spoiler.
9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm crazy. The 10th is singing the music from Tetris

Zalioth
x4

Post by Zalioth » Wed, 13. Dec 17, 12:27

Shuulo wrote:
Aven Valkyr wrote:I literally need to be hand held and honestly, I'm so pissed off
Hey, keep calm and edit the T file from Mayhem (check out encyclopedia entry on this one) to suit your play speed more.
Id suggest increasing passive threat increase from 1 day to 3-4 days. this gives you plenty of time to set-up everything properly before first invasions etc.
You'd need to edit (increase the value - multiply it by a constant, although I do not know the type of that variable and thus its maximum accepted value) of the line 66:
<t id="66">86400</t> <!-- How often the threat level is increased by 1 point. (default: 86400) -->
Of the file
9972-L044.xml
Edit: Joubarbe, wouldn't making this an ingame configurable setting (AL setting) be a good way of dealing with difficulty for everyone?

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Wed, 13. Dec 17, 17:10

Aven Valkyr wrote:I'm giving it 1 last shot before I give up.
I have two general suggestions:

1) Use budget friendly solutions in early game. Like Sirrobert said the most relevant number is the amount of guns you point at your enemy.

Just some little thought experiment:
- you find a bailed Mamba Battlegroup fighter with 8 Plasma Burst Generators (or as reward of a "steal" mission). This is not rare.
- they sell on average 2.430.752 credits (just the weapons, you keep the ship)
- with this money and everything else bought at average prices you can build 6 (in fact nearly 7) Argon Elites and deck them out with 7 Impulse Ray Emitters each
- one IRE deals about 68% of the DPS a PBG does
- your 6 Elites will deal over 4 times more damage than a lone Mamba would. Even more, because they have the turret the Mamba lacks and keep firing while turning.
- building 3-4 decent M3 instead and switching to budget weapons on the Mamba too is also entirely possible. It's about switching weapons. One bailed ship with high grade lasers means that you can AT LEAST triple your firepower (DPS).

2) Threat management:
- staying below threat level two to the end of day one means maximum OCV delay
- of course you won't be able to build up an economy with one sector

myrmidon
x3tc

Post by myrmidon » Thu, 14. Dec 17, 02:13

I transferred four 2GJ shields (that I built in my Sanctuary) to a small OWP (orbital weapons platform)...but it didn't auto-equip the shields.

Notes:

a) before I was successful in transferring and arming four Concussion Impulse Generators and arming them via the Weapons menu)

b) I also tried removing them from the OWP, then adding just one. Nope, still no shields.

c) I'm using a Helios TM that I should note, was able to access the "transfer freight via drones" without needing a transporter device. Later I added a transporter device to the Helios, but no change in behavior.

d) this is Mayhem v2.2.0

e) I tried to transfer a salvaged 1GJ shield and see if that can be equipped. (edit: same result...shield sits in inventory)

f) tried relocating the OWP and tried again but same result.

It is hour 22 so I'm hoping I have some game hours before my squadron of 17 fighters will have to help me take out the first wave of threat-2 OCV...will have to count that OWP out for now.

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Thu, 14. Dec 17, 04:20

myrmidon wrote:I transferred four 2GJ shields (that I built in my Sanctuary) to a small OWP (orbital weapons platform)...but it didn't auto-equip the shields.

Notes:

a) before I was successful in transferring and arming four Concussion Impulse Generators and arming them via the Weapons menu)

b) I also tried removing them from the OWP, then adding just one. Nope, still no shields.

c) I'm using a Helios TM that I should note, was able to access the "transfer freight via drones" without needing a transporter device. Later I added a transporter device to the Helios, but no change in behavior.

d) this is Mayhem v2.2.0

e) I tried to transfer a salvaged 1GJ shield and see if that can be equipped. (edit: same result...shield sits in inventory)

f) tried relocating the OWP and tried again but same result.

It is hour 22 so I'm hoping I have some game hours before my squadron of 17 fighters will have to help me take out the first wave of threat-2 OCV...will have to count that OWP out for now.
Works fine for me. Any mod other than Mayhem?

Jonzac
x3tc

Post by Jonzac » Thu, 14. Dec 17, 07:17

make sure you have 2.2.1.2 you may have an older version

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Thu, 14. Dec 17, 09:47

Hey Panda!
Will you update TShips or TBullets in 2.2.2? Just wondering if Ill need to update my addon.

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Thu, 14. Dec 17, 14:48

myrmidon wrote:c) I'm using a Helios TM that I should note, was able to access the "transfer freight via drones" without needing a transporter device. Later I added a transporter device to the Helios, but no change in behavior.
Isn't that a Vanilla command? I don't think that's a thing in LU.
If it's not, that means your install is ******.
9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm crazy. The 10th is singing the music from Tetris

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Thu, 14. Dec 17, 19:22

@JOubarbe

In the Upgrade GUI, say, I want to upgrade a Goner Ranger (Class M) with a Triplex Scanner (which cannot be done, class XL), the GUI rejects the attempt, but still takes away the Crystal(s) needed to do the upgrade!!!!

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Thu, 14. Dec 17, 19:54

VincentTH wrote:@JOubarbe

In the Upgrade GUI, say, I want to upgrade a Goner Ranger (Class M) with a Triplex Scanner (which cannot be done, class XL), the GUI rejects the attempt, but still takes away the Crystal(s) needed to do the upgrade!!!!
Nice catch! That's fixed, thanks :)
(now if a ship can't equip a gear, it won't be displayed)

Zalioth
x4

Post by Zalioth » Fri, 15. Dec 17, 07:22

I have just learned that in LU debris do not respawn. Does that apply in Mayhem too? I am wondering how long until I will be out of crystals after I've mined the universe out...

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Fri, 15. Dec 17, 09:51

Zalioth wrote:I have just learned that in LU debris do not respawn. Does that apply in Mayhem too? I am wondering how long until I will be out of crystals after I've mined the universe out...
It will likely be after you've lost interest in your savegame :D

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Fri, 15. Dec 17, 10:46

Zalioth wrote:I have just learned that in LU debris do not respawn. Does that apply in Mayhem too? I am wondering how long until I will be out of crystals after I've mined the universe out...
Your computer will die off old age before that you run out.

hanuland
x4

Post by hanuland » Fri, 15. Dec 17, 13:33

@Joubarbe:
One of the Korean community members reported something strange.
id: wikii.
He said ... When he takes 66 sectors, he would get a schematic from every faction. But he had lost all the schematics he had studied.

Of course, he said that he would study a lot of new schematics as he got a lot of schematics from the factions, but it would take a lot of time again.

So, I wonder if this is the intention or bug?

Another one said that if we use the template to produce the ship, it will automatically be equipped with a shield.
Is this also intended?

And please be aware that this is not a issue I'm experiencing, so I'm just reporting it to you at this time.

About translating...

I'm done. :)

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Fri, 15. Dec 17, 15:40

Shuulo wrote:Hey Panda!
Will you update TShips or TBullets in 2.2.2? Just wondering if Ill need to update my addon.
Panda ignores me :( :( :(

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”