Litcube's Universe

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

dreamer2008
x4

Post by dreamer2008 » Sun, 10. Dec 17, 18:34

3.3 seems risky to use right now, since changes to the exe were made. But the upside is that the performance should be a lot better, since projectile performance was improved from what I understand.

Royalhealer
x4

Post by Royalhealer » Sun, 10. Dec 17, 19:19

Hmm, my clean install with the Import/Export I did is on the 3.3 only change I did was use the recent 3.3 no steam exe. I haven't seen anything strange yet. But will report as I go along.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Mon, 11. Dec 17, 18:24

Can someone advise me regarding an LU feature please?

I'm aware of the changes to Docking, indeed, when running my Boa (TM Class) fighters would teleport dock just fine. Since switching to a Griffon however they dock the vanilla way.

Both ships have Carrier Command Software of course, as well as a Transporter device. The information in the LU Wiki does not really give any additional detail.

Note: with both the Boa and the Griffon they're being used to reclaim bailed ships, so these are not ships home-based at the Carrier. However, they always teleport-dock with the Boa yet not with the Griffon. I dimly recall having the same issue with a Magnetar (teleport dock) and Colossus (vanilla dock) in my prior game.

Am I missing something obvious?

Cheers,

Scoob.

PS @ Royalhealer - nice, hopefully 3.3 will not need any tweaks to LU and will continue to work fine for you. I've not looked at the v3.3 changelist yet.

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Mon, 11. Dec 17, 18:37

Scoob, M8's come with a Docking Transporter Extension.

I played it this way to give a benefit to M8s.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Mon, 11. Dec 17, 19:55

Litcube wrote:Scoob, M8's come with a Docking Transporter Extension.

I played it this way to give a benefit to M8s.
I is even more confuzzled now. M8's are the Missile Boats, half way between an M3 and a M6 is size. If you mean TM, then cool :)

Note: I have seen Race-owned M1's using the teleport docking thing, so they must be using the "Docking Transport Extension" - I just looked it up, so my understanding is improved...though my credits are soon to drop by near 15 million lol.

Btw: hey, hope you're well Litcube :)

Scoob.

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Mon, 11. Dec 17, 20:33

I have a severe fever right now.

TM. I meant TM. :)

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Mon, 11. Dec 17, 20:53

Ah, sorry to hear that - hope you feel better soon. Fevers are not fun. Not at all. Make you confuse ship classes and everything you know.

Look after yourself!

Scoob.

dreamer2008
x4

Post by dreamer2008 » Tue, 12. Dec 17, 13:12

Sorry to hear that, Litcube, I hope you have a speedy recovery!

Royalhealer
x4

Post by Royalhealer » Tue, 12. Dec 17, 14:28

@LitCube Get well soon!

@Scoob - BTW I forgot to mention the SCH's all still have only 1 HP after I/E. So strange. :D

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Tue, 12. Dec 17, 22:23

Royalhealer wrote:@LitCube Get well soon!

@Scoob - BTW I forgot to mention the SCH's all still have only 1 HP after I/E. So strange. :D
Hmm, I guess the E/I process preserves the health of objects too - I didn't know whether it did or not. A very odd problem for sure.

Could you knock up some sort of repair script to fix the issue?

Scoob.

Aszrayel
xr

Post by Aszrayel » Wed, 13. Dec 17, 01:38

Hey everyone, first-time potential player of LU here. I've followed the installation directions word for word (fresh install, moved folders to new directory, no steam exe, etc.). When I start the game up, I get an EXE warning (I'm guessing because of the 3.3 exe update). I also tried to install EMS, but was unable to because of the exe. EMS says I either don't have X3 Albion Prelude installed in that folder or I don't have the no steam exe, which neither is true.

Also, sorry to hear about your fever Litcube. I hope you feel better soon.

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Wed, 13. Dec 17, 02:26

Not sure what the status of EMS is these days but I haven't seen many people using it, I haven't tried it. If this is your first play through consider playing vanilla LU.

You can ignore the startup error.

The installer error is because Egosoft decided to change the no-Steam exe filename from "x3ap_n.exe" to "x3ap.exe" some time ago and some of the installers haven't been updated to not look for x3ap_n.exe (that should tell you how old that EMS installer is). You can workaround the installer check/error by creating a (can be empty) file named x3ap_n.exe in the game directory.
X3LU 1.5.2/1.7.0 Youtube series with: IEX 1.5b + LUVi, SIaF r7 (previously also used Phanon Plus 4.02, Revelation Plus 1.04, Diverse Game Starts - LU Edition)
[ external image ]

Aszrayel
xr

Post by Aszrayel » Wed, 13. Dec 17, 02:51

All right, I'll forego the EMS installation then and just go with the initial vanilla setup. Thank you for your response and the information.

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Wed, 13. Dec 17, 09:48

I use EMS with great success in Mayhem LU, as it creates dynamic missions based on Mayhems's invasions and it just makes so sense. But its a little more grindy and hard, especially for new players.

I can only suggest to update the formula in script to calculate combat rewards as ship hull price in Mayhem is decreased, so you will not get a good payment with unmodified EMS.

I do also try to write custom missions for it alongside Mayhem.
(I just hate mission system where everything is created from thin air)

Royalhealer
x4

Post by Royalhealer » Wed, 13. Dec 17, 10:32

I couldn't script my way out of a wet paper bag. :D

I mean the problem isn't super-duper pressing. they still have 30 MJ of shielding, also repairing them wont work per se, as it states that it has 1 out of 1 hull point. :o

EMS is the boss, just make an empty X3AP_n.exe or just copy paste the other and rename it.

It probably is slightly more grindy, true, it seems the rep rewards are smaller in EMS, which I don't mind. :P

One thing I'd really love though, is a much more aggressive OCV and/or Phanon, they are quite soft in LU. xD

Aszrayel
xr

Post by Aszrayel » Thu, 14. Dec 17, 00:54

Shuulo wrote:I use EMS with great success in Mayhem LU, as it creates dynamic missions based on Mayhems's invasions and it just makes so sense. But its a little more grindy and hard, especially for new players.

I can only suggest to update the formula in script to calculate combat rewards as ship hull price in Mayhem is decreased, so you will not get a good payment with unmodified EMS.

I do also try to write custom missions for it alongside Mayhem.
(I just hate mission system where everything is created from thin air)
Yeah, that's why I wanted to use EMS. I also like the idea of dynamic missions without things being spawned out of thin air.
Royalhealer wrote:One thing I'd really love though, is a much more aggressive OCV and/or Phanon, they are quite soft in LU. xD
While going through the submods, I believe I saw a couple that did this, Phanon Plus and Revelation Plus, or at least made them more difficult. I didn't download or install them as I had no idea what to expect from base LU.

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Thu, 14. Dec 17, 14:49

Aszrayel wrote:While going through the submods, I believe I saw a couple that did this, Phanon Plus and Revelation Plus, or at least made them more difficult. I didn't download or install them as I had no idea what to expect from base LU.
I think those are still broken.
9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm crazy. The 10th is singing the music from Tetris

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Thu, 14. Dec 17, 15:35

Sirrobert wrote:
Aszrayel wrote:While going through the submods, I believe I saw a couple that did this, Phanon Plus and Revelation Plus, or at least made them more difficult. I didn't download or install them as I had no idea what to expect from base LU.
I think those are still broken.
Phanon plus was supposedly fixed. Revelation Plus is still broken as far as I know, but there is a modified TShip file on the LU wiki that will make the OCV expand faster. The expansion speed during my testing was about one sector every 20 or so hours, so they're not super aggressive, but it's significantly faster than the 2+ ingame weeks it takes the OCV to clear the Omicron Channel in vanilla LU.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

Royalhealer
x4

Post by Royalhealer » Thu, 14. Dec 17, 23:43

Ohhh, thank you! Now here's dumb question # Error! Integer Overflow.

Can I just drop that into a game in progress and see the difference?

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Fri, 15. Dec 17, 00:08

The different ship file?
IIRC, it updates any newly made ships, but ships that are already spawned (and are already flying around) are uneffected.

So after modding, you have to go and kill all the OCV M5 for it to have effect.
9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm crazy. The 10th is singing the music from Tetris

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”