Trump

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Skism
x3tc

Post by Skism » Thu, 14. Dec 17, 01:04

Cpt.Jericho wrote:Pew, your lack of empathy is appalling. While those 4 people may have only taken light bodily damage they're traumatized for the rest of their life. :shock:
Oh I have a great deal of empathy for them - just none for the Bomber who now has been taken out of the genetic running (apparently I can't find confirmation of that).
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest."

-Thomas Paine-

Cpt.Jericho
x3tc

Post by Cpt.Jericho » Thu, 14. Dec 17, 01:12

I don't believe you. You didn't consider the victims important enough to comment on.
Winner of 350 Mil class of X-Verse Fleet Fest Italiano
Boycotting Steam since 2003

Skism
x3tc

Post by Skism » Thu, 14. Dec 17, 01:22

Cpt.Jericho wrote:I don't believe you. You didn't consider the victims important enough to comment on.
Dude seriously....

No one has died.

No one is seriously injured.

I mentioned that what...twice? And the source I Linked mentioned that too.

But what I don't understand is why people have respect for this would be bomber....that puzzles me :?:
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest."

-Thomas Paine-

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Thu, 14. Dec 17, 01:36

Whenever this sought of thing happens, it is a tragedy for everyone involved. Even the 'terrorist' must have been experiencing great misery to attempt such a thing. While this guy cannot be permitted to run loose in society, It serves no good to take glee in his suffering - past, present or future.

clakclak
x3

Post by clakclak » Thu, 14. Dec 17, 11:42

Skism wrote:
Cpt.Jericho wrote:I don't believe you. You didn't consider the victims important enough to comment on.
[...]

But what I don't understand is why people have respect for this would be bomber....that puzzles me :?:
Who? Who has respect for him?
"The problem with gender is that it prescribes how we should be rather than recognizing how we are. Imagine how much happier we would be, how much freer to be our true individual selves, if we didn't have the weight of gender expectations." - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Thu, 14. Dec 17, 12:57

USA Today has produced a really important piece:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvSZAYRs5GU

USA Today's site:
https://www.usatoday.com/

Roy Moore has caused so much damage to the Christian ideal,
he and his followers really ought to hang their heads in shame..
The way in which these people have distorted the basic message of Christianity is just awful to behold..

They have turned something which is essentially quietly beautiful into a blaring noisy nonsense..
- dreadful people..

Justin Welby, Archbishop of Canterbury on Brexit:
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... stin-welby

- calm down, people.. :lol:
- the whole universe is running in BETA mode - we're working on it.. beep..!! :D :thumb_up:

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Thu, 14. Dec 17, 15:20

Steve Bannon "looks like a dishevelled drunk".. ha, ha!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOKDHftq0JE

:lol: :lol:
- the whole universe is running in BETA mode - we're working on it.. beep..!! :D :thumb_up:

Bishop149
x3

Post by Bishop149 » Thu, 14. Dec 17, 15:35

Skism wrote:But what I don't understand is why people have respect for this would be bomber....that puzzles me :?:
Respect no, some sympathy yes.

Anyone who attempts to kill both themselves and others (for any reason) is by definition in a very, very dark and traumatic place, a place none of us would wish to find ourselves.
"Shoot for the Moon. If you miss, you'll end up co-orbiting the Sun alongside Earth, living out your days alone in the void within sight of the lush, welcoming home you left behind." - XKCD

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Thu, 14. Dec 17, 16:08

BugMeister wrote:USA Today has produced a really important piece:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvSZAYRs5GU

USA Today's site:
https://www.usatoday.com/
For those unfamiliar with US news periodicals, USA Today is sort of the front-panel-of-a-cereal-box newspaper. It's colorful, but not too flashy, generally appealing even though we know its loaded with sugar, and tries its best not to offend anyone, no matter how heavily commercialized it is, while communicating how many vitamins and minerals it contains so your kids will grow up healthy.

They don't do what they just did. But, they did. It's editorial board sat down, said "%@$ it, this is just too $%$ much, time to take a stand" and then wrote an editorial piece that would be Internet Gold on any political web-forum.

There are journalism professors who are taking notes, right now, preparing a lesson-plan that delves deep into the impact of this one editorial coming from a relatively low-key, middle-of-the-road-slightly-right-leaning newspaper.
Roy Moore has caused so much damage to the Christian ideal,
he and his followers really ought to hang their heads in shame..
The way in which these people have distorted the basic message of Christianity is just awful to behold..

They have turned something which is essentially quietly beautiful into a blaring noisy nonsense..
- dreadful people..
I don't see him or his supporters having any impact like that. He's not a minister or religious leader and, as far as I know, his followers do not look to him for religious guidance.

"Dreadful people?" Judge not... You can't judge the religious suitability of the religious beliefs of his supporters based upon his actions and words. I imagine quite a few of his supporters aren't "dreadful people." Misguided, perhaps, and Moore has certainly attempted to use a singular interpretation of certain religious beliefs in order to support his opinions, but that doesn't make him a "prophet." It does, however, make him guilty of using religious passages for his own selfish gain, which is a terrible thing for someone to do, but that doesn't mean his supporters are "dreadful people."

I'm relieved he lost the election. But, I am taken aback by how close a defeat it was. While I think many of his statements and actions are reprehensible, I am also a bit concerned in regards to the allegations against him involving possible sexual contact/pursuit of minors. If at least some sort of civil action isn't forthcoming on someone's part, does that mean these allegations wouldn't hold up in court? And, if so... Nasty business, politics.

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Thu, 14. Dec 17, 17:08

ahem, you sure about that?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTAZuxICja8

- what I'd call a gross misappropriation.. :o :o

fiksal
x4

Post by fiksal » Thu, 14. Dec 17, 17:20

To continue topic of radicals, and religious terrorism :

Morkonan wrote:I know it's already been posted, but it's just too darn funny to let go of...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFYRkzznsc0 (Jack Tapper & Roy Moore's spokesperson)

Captured for posterity: https://i.imgur.com/WlVVoGZ.mp4
Funny, scary, and should be filed under "how is this a thing".

Would we (in US) be better off if we'd automatically remove people from positions like that?
Surely it'll be growing pains, but the future would be free from that kind of malice and idiocy.

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Thu, 14. Dec 17, 17:31

Morkonan wrote:I'm relieved he lost the election. But, I am taken aback by how close a defeat it was...If at least some sort of civil action isn't forthcoming on someone's part, does that mean these allegations wouldn't hold up in court? And, if so... Nasty business, politics.
The narrow margin concerns me too. If the allegations are true, why wasn't his defeat more resounding? What does this say about those (many) who voted for him?

On the other hand, I am growing increasingly concerned with the possibility of people being destroyed because of unproven accusations; tried in the court of public hysteria. False accusations of sexual indiscretion, are of course, an age-old tactic going back thousands of years. Now with social media, such 'rumors' can take on a life of their own and spread like wildfire, feeding the hatred that seems to be poisoning our world.

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Thu, 14. Dec 17, 17:53

When he is no longer president (may it be sooner or later) he will have learned all the presidential secrets, contacts, tricks etc. ... scary thought.

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

fiksal
x4

Post by fiksal » Thu, 14. Dec 17, 17:57

euclid wrote:When he is no longer president (may it be sooner or later) he will have learned all the presidential secrets, contacts, tricks etc. ... scary thought.

Cheers Euclid
Heh... yep

Observe wrote:
Morkonan wrote:I'm relieved he lost the election. But, I am taken aback by how close a defeat it was...If at least some sort of civil action isn't forthcoming on someone's part, does that mean these allegations wouldn't hold up in court? And, if so... Nasty business, politics.
The narrow margin concerns me too. If the allegations are true, why wasn't his defeat more resounding? What does this say about those (many) who voted for him?

On the other hand, I am growing increasingly concerned with the possibility of people being destroyed because of unproven accusations; tried in the court of public hysteria. False accusations of sexual indiscretion, are of course, an age-old tactic going back thousands of years. Now with social media, such 'rumors' can take on a life of their own and spread like wildfire, feeding the hatred that seems to be poisoning our world.

I too would like this to see go to court. We need a resolution to this mess.

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Thu, 14. Dec 17, 19:49

Observe wrote:

I also agree with this,

this trail by media needs to stop, or at the very least, goes to open court.

In this case, it won't help this person, who shot himself after a woman accused him of sexual conduct.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/12/14/us/ke ... index.html

The thing is, the police did drop the case back in the day, and the man was never charged. We are seeing a lot of this happening, and I'm starting to wonder if some of these allegations are woman just jumping on the bandwagon to make a name for themselves?

While I would like to see this come out into the open, we should not allow this go to our heads and accuse someone until they are proven guilty. But it seems this isn't the case anymore, and we are heading towards a dangerous precedence.
Last edited by matthewfarmery on Thu, 14. Dec 17, 21:20, edited 1 time in total.
=

mrbadger
x3tc

Post by mrbadger » Thu, 14. Dec 17, 21:11

euclid wrote:When he is no longer president (may it be sooner or later) he will have learned all the presidential secrets, contacts, tricks etc. ... scary thought.

Cheers Euclid
he will also know, with absolute certainty, that he cannot use any of that information in a bad or self serving way, or he would be instantly in more trouble than even he could cope with.

Former presidents do not attack or seek to undermine sitting presidents, or derail the process of government. If he did, that would be the way he was remembered, as the first former president to do that, or at least try to.

Yes they can criticize their actions as private citizens, but they can't employ any information or contacts from their own time in office top do so.

Somehow I can still see the big orange guy being the kind to do exactly that though.
If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. ... Niccolò Machiavelli

Santi
Moderator (DevNet)
Moderator (DevNet)
x4

Post by Santi » Fri, 15. Dec 17, 01:46

Bishop149 wrote:
Skism wrote:But what I don't understand is why people have respect for this would be bomber....that puzzles me :?:
Respect no, some sympathy yes.

Anyone who attempts to kill both themselves and others (for any reason) is by definition in a very, very dark and traumatic place, a place none of us would wish to find ourselves.
Not according to Islam, Martyrdom has plenty of benefits, not only spiritual and those of a more sexual orientation(in an allegedly spiritual plane), but also physical ones. Families of those that commit Martyrdom do have economic support in the middle east, and their names are remembered as heroes of whatever fight they were involved with.

It is the same setup that Japan used for the Kamikaze, of course Muslims have been using it way before them and it is far more refined.
A por ellos que son pocos y cobardes

Masterbagger
x4

Post by Masterbagger » Fri, 15. Dec 17, 02:15

Observe wrote: The narrow margin concerns me too. If the allegations are true, why wasn't his defeat more resounding? What does this say about those (many) who voted for him?

It worked. I expect it will become the new standard. Get ready for 30 and 40 year old accusations for the 2018 elections.
Who made that man a gunner?

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Fri, 15. Dec 17, 09:15

- does this mean that you want the 1st Amendment removed?
- how come you are so fearful of what you have termed "hatred"..??
- have you lost all faith in the truth?

- not surprising, really - given the world we live in..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtAclTRWs8Q

Brexit is based on lies and hatred..

Golden_Gonads
x3tc

Post by Golden_Gonads » Fri, 15. Dec 17, 10:58

BugMeister wrote: Brexit is based on lies and hatred..
Staying in was based on fear of what leaving would do to a persons individual piggy bank. See? Other people can make nonsense blanket statements which may be true for a portion of the population.

Return to “Off Topic English”