Construction drones are bugged? (Modded game)

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Malamadre

Construction drones are bugged? (Modded game)

Post by Malamadre » Fri, 22. Dec 17, 09:44

Does anyone have troubles with them? I find lost here and there costruction drones from my ships, cluttered together like a single stuck "ball", like 10 of them occupying the space of a single one, they can't move and if i shoot at them they simply regroup in the form of the "ball"... how can i solve this problem? The galaxy is infested with those even more than xenos! :cry:

Riccardoman
x4

Post by Riccardoman » Fri, 22. Dec 17, 11:22

A twitch streamer also had the same issue, he had to wait 4 hours before his station was completely built

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 22. Dec 17, 14:48

Just to be clear given risky rice's comment on station building, if you issue a further module build command for a player station then only the CURVs that are docked at the CV at the time of giving that order will be used to build that module. Any in space outside the CV at that time will be ignored for building purposes, at least until the module after that.

(Moral of the story: let all CURVs redock at the CV after completing a module before issuing another build order.)

Back to the OP, are these CURVs from station building or from ship repair? Also, are we are talking about an unmodified game and the latest release version?

Also see this report.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Fri, 22. Dec 17, 20:05

Alan Phipps wrote:Just to be clear given risky rice's comment on station building, if you issue a further module build command for a player station then only the CURVs that are docked at the CV at the time of giving that order will be used to build that module. Any in space outside the CV at that time will be ignored for building purposes, at least until the module after that.

(Moral of the story: let all CURVs redock at the CV after completing a module before issuing another build order.)

Back to the OP, are these CURVs from station building or from ship repair? Also, are we are talking about an unmodified game and the latest release version?

Also see this report.
OMG! Now I know why some station building progressed so slowly.

This really should be categorized as a bug.

cu
Rainer

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Fri, 22. Dec 17, 21:53

One more time :D (I've posted this several times now, heheh) - any time that a construction phase is ordered, the job will assign 90% of the currently available (not the total) CURVs, presumably leaving the remaining 10% for maintenance of their hosting CV. Since after the job the active drones don't return immediately (the process can be hastened by being well out-of-zone at start and completion of the task, but it's no guarantee - at least, not since 4.10, in any case), immediately starting a new job will apply 90% of this 10% remainder, meaning that 9% of the total drone complement will be used. Since this will likely take quite long, the previous phase's 90% allocation will become inactive during this time, but unfortunately they don't then get assigned to the current task - the allocations are locked in at the time of starting a task (which is quite a PitA if one orders a stage after losing the CV's drone bay without noticing - building with 0 CURVs is really slow [but it does progress, at least, so it's not a permanent show-stopper]) On the plus side, at least when THAT phase is complete, 91% of total drones are immediately available (and the rest don't take very long to come home.)
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

Malamadre

Post by Malamadre » Sun, 24. Dec 17, 12:47

I thank everybody for their suggestions, and i want to add that if your drones get stuck or they dont dock at their ship, it seems that flying 00Z and than fly back to the zone solves the problem.

p. s. a total different thing: i was flying at Telady 's space, silent night, and i found a portal which isn't working. What is it ??

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 24. Dec 17, 14:21

Just an inactive gate.

Malamadre

Post by Malamadre » Sun, 24. Dec 17, 15:02

Alan Phipps wrote:Just an inactive gate.
:D

I truly hope is what i think it is...

bioscmos303
x4

Post by bioscmos303 » Sun, 24. Dec 17, 15:47

i had the same (fixed) .. do you using mods?

i removed mods that dont work together like :

Carriers - Arawn S/M Launch- and Docking +addon (been updated but will conflict with CES mod so some drones will have broken AI (Land,launch)
REBalance Mod - will freez some the drones\animation when near cap ship

when i removed .rebalance and carriers all fixed!!!

Malamadre

Post by Malamadre » Sun, 24. Dec 17, 16:32

Yes i'm using mods but none of those you listed... i'm using show skills, capital bridge, taf, butter ranges, mission computer, no jump fuel and npcs gain xp... none of these should mess with drones

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 24. Dec 17, 17:17

That characteristic 'ball of superimposed drones' clustering was introduced and later fixed in a couple of later vanilla updates (4.00 to 4.10 ?) and so I think it probable that either your modded gamefiles are not fully updated or your mods have somehow overwritten some of the later gamefile cat/dat areas when being installed.

Anyway, we are not seeing this behaviour in current vanilla.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”