Please Help: Xenon are hacking my Skunk (v4.30) - Due to mod

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

brevi
x4

Please Help: Xenon are hacking my Skunk (v4.30) - Due to mod

Post by brevi » Mon, 25. Dec 17, 06:55

Long story short. Near the end of the last campaign mission I noticed "Xenon Hacking ##.####" (# = counter) in the lower right hand corner of the screen whenever I'm close to a Xenon ship. When the hacking is complete, Xenon become my allies and every other faction is my enemy. Next the encryption counter starts. After that, I exit the game for fear of what would happen.

I've searched high and low on the internets on what to do to reverse the hack with no luck.

My empire is too big and powerful, the galaxy will be rekt... please help me save the galaxy from my empire.

Thanks

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Mon, 25. Dec 17, 08:33

This is actually part of the campaign, and explained in the character conversations leading up to this happening - it's not the Xenon hacking you, but the other way around, to allow you to disguise yourself as one of them in order to infiltrate them. Don't worry, I've never lost any of my assets (or vice versa! :D ) elsewhere in the universe because of this.
Spoiler
Show
After you complete that short portion of the campaign, things will return to normal
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

brevi
x4

Post by brevi » Mon, 25. Dec 17, 14:17

I don't mean the camouflage device which shuts off/breaks after the two bombs are planted. This happen after the bombs finally go off and the Xenon bases are destroyed.... after the credits have rolled.

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Mon, 25. Dec 17, 14:28

Ohhhh... :o Never seen that myself, so I'm afraid I have nothing useful to say :S Sorry... Only thing I can suggest is save the game, then let it happen and see how it plays out - maybe after a while something else happens. Or maybe the Xenon start giving you missions - that would rock! :D
-
-
-
The Write Stuff

brevi
x4

Post by brevi » Mon, 25. Dec 17, 18:32

Looks like it's a glitch in my game. I let it play out and after the encryption finishes, it starts up all over again :evil:

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Mon, 25. Dec 17, 20:56

That's so strange - because a glitch can only work off the existing content, but I've not seen any text such as you describe anywhere, so it's been coded in somewhere... I wonder what that piece broke off from... Unless it's in fact your PC that has been Xenonfested.
-
-
-
The Write Stuff

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 25. Dec 17, 21:04

It sounds like your plot Xenon camouflage device code is being repeatedly triggered out of place because of unstable game flags or through corruption/mods/edits. I would verify your gamefile cache (if Steam) as a start.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

brevi
x4

Post by brevi » Tue, 26. Dec 17, 17:33

I found the treacherous sob that was getting me hacked! REMOVED!!!

STB2199_Reloaded
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =737908649

This was in the description but I guess it's not removed. Cool mod otherwise.
"- Xenon can hack your ships system - the more numerous the Xenon, the faster you'll be hacked! (removed)"

Thank for the help guys.

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Tue, 26. Dec 17, 20:09

I would advise running a thorough anti-malware scan on your Albino Skank, and then setting its boot sector to read-only. Perhaps Annoyisha could do it for you, but personally, I wouldn't trust anyone else with something so important...
-
-
-
The Write Stuff

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Wed, 27. Dec 17, 05:48

RAVEN.myst wrote:I would advise running a thorough anti-malware scan on your Albino Skank, and then setting its boot sector to read-only. Perhaps Annoyisha could do it for you, but personally, I wouldn't trust anyone else with something so important...
Better to encrypt the whole hard disk and throw the encryption key away ...

Or make a backup copy on a stick and give it to your BB-8 for safekeeping.

cu
Rainer

brevi
x4

Post by brevi » Thu, 28. Dec 17, 08:24

:lol:

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”