Litcube's Universe

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Vayde
x3tc

Post by Vayde » Wed, 10. Jan 18, 13:29

Hello memeics, I've spent the last few days watching your detailed play through of LU and I found it very useful.

I would definitely watch a stream of you attempting Mayhem should you decide to do it and there's not a timezone clash.
Still life in the old dog yet...

Lone Machete
x3ap

Thank you

Post by Lone Machete » Thu, 11. Jan 18, 11:58

Hey Litcube

I just wanted to say you my biggest thanks for making such a great mod. I am at my second playthrough now and I am really enjoying it! If you have patreon or paypal I would like to donate you some coins for your great work.

Have a nice year

Argustone
x3ap

Post by Argustone » Fri, 12. Jan 18, 19:17

Is anyone else having issues docking with 'Free Argon Trading Station'?

All of my ST's are currently trying to purchase crystals from them. But neither I nor my AI can dock with them. Is there a certain rep I need or?

I'm currently 6 with Argon.

Edit. It actually looks like no NPC can dock with them? Think it's broken.

This is my second clean install, First time around had issue with crashing (probably due to bonus pack). Now this? 0/10 Literally unplayable?

Staja Bepon
x4

Post by Staja Bepon » Fri, 12. Jan 18, 19:48

Ive had some issues trying to undock in my M6. Click undock 5 or 6 times then it would. Thats about all ive had for now

Argustone
x3ap

Post by Argustone » Fri, 12. Jan 18, 19:50

So you're able to dock with the free trading ports?

Staja Bepon
x4

Post by Staja Bepon » Fri, 12. Jan 18, 20:35

Yes but ive had issues undocking

dreamer2008
x4

Post by dreamer2008 » Fri, 12. Jan 18, 22:20

Argustone wrote:Is anyone else having issues docking with 'Free Argon Trading Station'?
Never had any problems with them. Docking and undocking them works fine for me.

WildDoktor
x3ap

Post by WildDoktor » Sat, 13. Jan 18, 02:38

Hey all! So, I'm a bit late to the game here, but I picked up the X3 TC/AP deal on Steam a couple weeks ago, along with the 2 DLCs, and must say the game is just what I was looking for!

After playing it for several hours, I found dizzy's 3 year old live stream series on youtube and decided to give modding a shot.

And yep...I'm not having full success at modding. :-)

I haven't had time yet to read thru all 900 pages of this thread, but I'm working on it. In the meantime, how about a simple question:

Is the Steam version of TC and AP, with the "war pack" DLC installed, and several saved games, considered a "clean install"?

If not, then I suppose that's my issue. If so, then I'll ask the next question(s). :-)

Thanks!

EDIT:
How 'bout that; found my answer 2 pages back. Nice! Re-installing from Steam now, minus the DLC.
Staja Bepon wrote:Did you uncheck the bonus package addon that steam has auto enabled before u copied it. It's not compatible...
Last edited by WildDoktor on Sat, 13. Jan 18, 05:16, edited 1 time in total.

Lone Machete
x3ap

Post by Lone Machete » Sat, 13. Jan 18, 04:17

I had no problems letting my TS dock, I use all kinds of Baldric, Mercury and Dolphins. Which do you use?

Sandtrooper

Bugged or just not not working?

Post by Sandtrooper » Mon, 15. Jan 18, 13:24

4th (unsuccessful) attempt -
Clean install (yes, even deleted the Egosoft folder from the mydocs of C: drive (installation of games is always on a separate HDD and not my SSD C: drive (for obvious life wear). Therefore, no saves or profiles can be inadvertently used.

Initial launcher indicates AP v3.0, 2013 (my usual version - gave up with 'SB' plot because the 2x 25 caps wouldn't spawn after three days waiting so, I assume that's broken). :evil:

Now then -
Into 'root' (not 'addon') of new/clean X3AP, I installed in this order -
1; LU v1.7.1
2; LU v1.7.2 patch
3; LU Soundtrack v1.2.1 (no music ever plays even when entering a new sector despite volume set to max - not even the original AP music)
4; LU GUI v1.2.7 (I've opted for Azure, Topaz but, not noticed a difference unless that's further into the game where/whatever it's supposed to be/do/show...?) :?

Previous three attempts = 'Humble Merchant' start (though I'd expected some others in stead of the 'Vanilla' options but, nothing different until the loading page which shows 'Litcube' in upper left of loading page. Unless alternatives to those starts are only if installing the 'Diverse Starts' script?

Ignoring the Flight School prompt, I swap ships and build up my discovered map whilst the Mercury ferries e-cells until I can invest in trade mkII (wrongly thinking I'd have an OK Trader or at least SOME form of automated trade option). I buy Trade MkII for my Merc but alas, no - Command... Trade... and then (wait for it) - [Read text blah blah] which if clicked on, Betty says "Command accepted" but nothing happens. In additional ship commands, I click on these to discover one is ship rename & colour and other additional command is a flag for tug toggle (or so the resulting text at the top besides the ship name suggests).

For the first attempt, I'd installed the Joubarbian Toolkit, Stock exchange v4, Satellite monitoring, detector v1.18 for major mod (never found any abandoned ships to see if that worked or not), turret on/off.
Second and third attempts saw repeats of the above [readtext] errors so, I added fewer 'enhancements' until with this fourth, NO enhancements (not even the toolkit).

I was contemplating installing the 'Mayhem' variant if this refuses to work properly. From what I've read, it's a Commonwealth war without the OCV or Phanom entities. Thought I'd try resolving this problem first in case it's going to persist.

Any thought folks? If I can't trade, there's no point in playing it. Unfortunately (for X3), Total War Rome II and Sims Medaeval are looking very tempting right now... :(
The ability to destroy a wallet is insignificant next to the power of a growing collection.

Blue A10
x4

Re: Bugged or just not not working?

Post by Blue A10 » Mon, 15. Jan 18, 14:04

Sandtrooper wrote:...
First things first, you're going to have to confirm a couple of things just to be sure.

Did you follow this page to the letter? You said "clean install" but it is important to know if you followed this specific guide.

Also, if you install the game via Steam, did you disable the bonus pack DLC? It is not compatible with Litcube's Universe.

Sandtrooper

Post by Sandtrooper » Mon, 15. Jan 18, 14:14

Blue A10 wrote:
Sandtrooper wrote:...
First things first, you're going to have to confirm a couple of things just to be sure.

Did you follow this page to the letter? You said "clean install" but it is important to know if you followed this specific guide.

Also, if you install the game via Steam, did you disable the bonus pack DLC? It is not compatible with Litcube's Universe.
Yes, no steam, No Bonus Pack has even been near the LU versions. Even checked launcher target language 44 and added the ignore joys 9 to 14 (I'm using Saitek x45 HOTAS). I need to get ready for work now - real world always get in the way of more 'important' things such as playing games (Ahem) but, will look forward to reading suggestions from the community upon my return several hours hence.
TIA
The ability to destroy a wallet is insignificant next to the power of a growing collection.

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Mon, 15. Jan 18, 14:29

Sandtrooper wrote: 3; LU Soundtrack v1.2.1 (no music ever plays even when entering a new sector despite volume set to max - not even the original AP music)
This is a problem.
Sandtrooper wrote: 4; LU GUI v1.2.7 (I've opted for Azure, Topaz but, not noticed a difference unless that's further into the game where/whatever it's supposed to be/do/show...?) :?
This is a problem.
Sandtrooper wrote: Previous three attempts = 'Humble Merchant' start
There is no Humble Merchant start in LU.
Sandtrooper wrote: Ignoring the Flight School prompt
There is no Flight School in LU.
Sandtrooper wrote: For the first attempt, I'd installed the Joubarbian Toolkit, Stock exchange v4, Satellite monitoring, detector v1.18
Were these mods written for LU?
Sandtrooper wrote: I was contemplating installing the 'Mayhem' variant if this refuses to work properly.
If you can't get the foundation to function, installing Mayhem won't help you.

You did not follow the install instructions. My advice would be to Follow the install instructions. If the install instructions fail you, you have a problem specific to you and your setup.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Mon, 15. Jan 18, 15:06

It is recommended to wear a voodoo talisman at all times during the installation.

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Mon, 15. Jan 18, 15:12

Sandtrooper wrote:For the first attempt, I'd installed the Joubarbian Toolkit, Stock exchange v4, Satellite monitoring, detector v1.18 for major mod (never found any abandoned ships to see if that worked or not), turret on/off.
Second and third attempts saw repeats of the above [readtext] errors so, I added fewer 'enhancements' until with this fourth, NO enhancements (not even the toolkit).
Where did you find those mods? There's no "Stock Exchange" or "Detector" on the approved mods list.
9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm crazy. The 10th is singing the music from Tetris

Chase842
x3ap

Post by Chase842 » Mon, 15. Jan 18, 23:14

Hi everyone,

First time poster, long time reader.

I've got an issue, and I can't find any information on this anywhere.

When I docked at the HQ in PTNI Headquarter, I don't get a message from someone to start the mission arc to get the unfocused jumpdrive.

Is the unfocused jumpdrive not in the latest version of Litecube's universe?

I really like the unfocused jumpdrive, I hope there is a way to get it in LU!

Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Mon, 15. Jan 18, 23:50

Chase842 wrote:Hi everyone,

First time poster, long time reader.

I've got an issue, and I can't find any information on this anywhere.

When I docked at the HQ in PTNI Headquarter, I don't get a message from someone to start the mission arc to get the unfocused jumpdrive.

Is the unfocused jumpdrive not in the latest version of Litecube's universe?

I really like the unfocused jumpdrive, I hope there is a way to get it in LU!

Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks!
There are no plot missions in Litcube's Universe.
9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm crazy. The 10th is singing the music from Tetris

Chase842
x3ap

Post by Chase842 » Mon, 15. Jan 18, 23:52

@Sirrobert

Ok, well is there a way to get the unfocused jumpdrive in LU?
There are no plot missions in Litcube's Universe.

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Mon, 15. Jan 18, 23:54

No unfocused jump drive in LU

Chase842
x3ap

Post by Chase842 » Mon, 15. Jan 18, 23:57

@Litcube

Oh man that's a bummer!

Is there anyway I could script it in without breaking anything?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”