Unable to get any Fusion Reactors.

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

swgoddard
xr

Unable to get any Fusion Reactors.

Post by swgoddard » Fri, 12. Jan 18, 20:01

Nobody is selling these blighters as far as I can tell.
I need lo finish plot station in De Vries.
Ideas?
I have every other item for my station.
Is this a save game hack time?
I have been targeting PMC ships but no reactor drops at all.
Lots of other stuff my Rehanas has tagged and bagged though. :)

SimpleTED
x4

Post by SimpleTED » Fri, 12. Jan 18, 20:30

You can explore the Home or Light sectors, there are plants there which sell them, albeit slowly.
Alternatively you can set up a construction yard someplace busier, such as Endless Mines. Have your Architect set to buy the products, then move them out of the constructor with your freighter when they are delivered. This does also take patience.

The faster ways are to pirate a freighter carrying the reactors. They can be found in the Acendancy Zone. Scan them first.

Good luck :)

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Fri, 12. Jan 18, 21:48

You can buy them at either of the two Ship Tech Fabs in albion. The problem is they sell like hotcakes. Scan the production module, then go in the station's management window to see when the production cycle ends. From that point, all you have to do is wait for the wares to appear in the trade window. They take 30-60 secs to appear after the production cycle ends. Be quick to buy them, though. They are usually gone fast. (refresh the window often by closing/reopening it)

Alternatively, you can go to Home of Light, where the fusion reactors have a bit less demand. They can pile up a bit sometimes.

Back to the piracy option, try to aim the freighters that trade with these ship tech fabs. If any trader have some fusion reactors on board, it will be them.

Otherwise, you'll have to wait for the very occasional universe trader to come by and sell you what you need. They are few and far between.
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Sat, 13. Jan 18, 07:07

What Ezarkal said, along with: those STFs occasionally (read: "quite often") run out of some resource. This holds up production, of course, but getting yourself set up to keep tabs on their resources and production as Ezarkal outlined means you'll be able to identify such shortages, and rectify them (as a small bonus, this provides opportunities for modest profits for you.)
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

specialsymbol

Post by specialsymbol » Tue, 16. Jan 18, 21:17

What I did: I hit "T" (that's <shift>+<t>) for trade every few minutes. At some point I could see fusion reactors for sale and I immediately sent my Rahanas there.

Mind that you have to be quick. If you first have to cancel orders on the Rahanas they are likely gone again.

I also talked to every blue station in Albion to get the permanent trade offers, I think that helps a lot.

Later when you have discovered HoL you can get fusion reactors by the hundreds - but that doesn't help at that point in the campaign :twisted:
"Oh my God, it's full of stars!" - Dave Bowman (2001: A Space Odyssey)

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Wed, 17. Jan 18, 05:24

specialsymbol wrote:What I did: I hit "T" (that's <shift>+<t>) for trade every few minutes. At some point I could see fusion reactors for sale and I immediately sent my Rahanas there.

Mind that you have to be quick. If you first have to cancel orders on the Rahanas they are likely gone again.

I also talked to every blue station in Albion to get the permanent trade offers, I think that helps a lot.

Later when you have discovered HoL you can get fusion reactors by the hundreds - but that doesn't help at that point in the campaign :twisted:
Hi,

that is not correct. If you have installed the DLC you can fly to HoL via Cold Star from the beginning.

cu
Rainer

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Thu, 18. Jan 18, 06:54

RainerPrem wrote:
specialsymbol wrote:What I did: I hit "T" (that's <shift>+<t>) for trade every few minutes. At some point I could see fusion reactors for sale and I immediately sent my Rahanas there.

that is not correct. If you have installed the DLC you can fly to HoL via Cold Star from the beginning.
Technically, right - however, I always felt that going around to HoL, or via FoO to OmLy, before a certain point in the campaign runs contrary to its spirit - a "sidesteppy exploit", if you will :) But that's just me... Different strokes, and all that. :)
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Thu, 18. Jan 18, 09:25

RAVEN.myst wrote:
RainerPrem wrote:

Technically, right - however, I always felt that going around to HoL, or via FoO to OmLy, before a certain point in the campaign runs contrary to its spirit - a "sidesteppy exploit", if you will :) But that's just me... Different strokes, and all that. :)
Hi,

you are more resistant to temptations than me. I see the gate, I check it out ... And if that wouldn't work from the beginning* I'd most likely buy some fusion generators and stash them in a freighter before entering deVries.

* I'd support if the game kept the DLCs disconnected until finishing the main plot. That would better fit to the story arc.

** I'd also strongly support a change which would keep my freighters from visiting "Unknown"s of all kind. Especially not taking the shortcut through Toride or refueling in Home of Profit.

cu
Rainer

ubuntufreakdragon
x4

Post by ubuntufreakdragon » Thu, 18. Jan 18, 09:49

If you have HoL DLC it should be an easy task as HoL has just too much resources and allows you to build a warehouse to passively buy needed ware and store them until needed

without start building a FRfactory in Albion, as passive trade is reliable only in system.
My X3 Mods

XRebirth, things left to patch:
In General; On Firing NPC's; In De Vries; Out Of Zone; And the Antiwishlist

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Thu, 18. Jan 18, 10:34

where is the gate to Fields of O? Is it story based or can I go anytime?

ubuntufreakdragon
x4

Post by ubuntufreakdragon » Thu, 18. Jan 18, 11:07

get yourself a map http://seizewell.de/rebirth/map/Map-Rebirth.jpg
result Cold Peaks
any time after the DeVries Gate is open
My X3 Mods

XRebirth, things left to patch:
In General; On Firing NPC's; In De Vries; Out Of Zone; And the Antiwishlist

ajime
x4

Post by ajime » Mon, 22. Jan 18, 02:49

RainerPrem wrote:
RAVEN.myst wrote:
RainerPrem wrote:

Hi,

you are more resistant to temptations than me. I see the gate, I check it out ... And if that wouldn't work from the beginning* I'd most likely buy some fusion generators and stash them in a freighter before entering deVries.

* I'd support if the game kept the DLCs disconnected until finishing the main plot. That would better fit to the story arc.

** I'd also strongly support a change which would keep my freighters from visiting "Unknown"s of all kind. Especially not taking the shortcut through Toride or refueling in Home of Profit.

cu
Rainer
I actually bought Rebirth without the DLC(since the bundled price on sale didn't met my expectation) so i was playing without HOL untill X week came in with better bundle prices. Stalking them ship tech fab were my daily routine at the time :D

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”