Trump

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Wed, 10. Jan 18, 23:52

kohlrak wrote:Precisely, so if the left wants to raise the minimum wage, the left merely have to close the borders.
Not only its inaccurate, since these companies would not be able to compete paying fair salaries, but its insulting that you think anyone with two brain cells would fall for your bait.
we have legitimate fears of threat vectors from the middle-east through our southern border.
The reason for your fears are unfounded and misplaced. As mentioned many times you would be wise to leave the US if threat "vectors" are your concern. Again, feel free to kid yourself with misleading fallacies if that makes you sleep better, but avoid trying to drag others into your delusion.

Anyone that starts sentences with "the left" (or the right, or similar) I wont take seriously, it means nothing other then "them", which is an indication of the problem with today's US politics (not exclusively), Sith mentality I say. ;-)

MFG

Ketraar

kohlrak

Post by kohlrak » Thu, 11. Jan 18, 02:15

Ketraar wrote:
kohlrak wrote:Precisely, so if the left wants to raise the minimum wage, the left merely have to close the borders.
Not only its inaccurate, since these companies would not be able to compete paying fair salaries, but its insulting that you think anyone with two brain cells would fall for your bait.
If it's inaccurate, how is it inaccurate? The problem with the companies not being able to compete while paying fair wages has everything to do with taxes and regulation. See, the propaganda is all about making you think it's "us the people" vs "them the filthy rich companies." The truth is, you have companies that are being taxed and regulated by the ultra-rich 1%, that claims that raising taxes will hurt the ultra-rich companies, that are not actually ultra-rich. The ultra-rich are the politicians and the stock gamers that are not only playing the game of the system, but are also in charge of the rules. That's how they stay on top. Until you take their rules from them, every time you try to "tax the ultra-rich" you're merely helping them embed themselves even more. The filthy rich don't deal in diapers, train wheels, and other commodities that everyone sees as the big cheese. The filthy rich deal in weapons, armies, market manipulation, resource acquisition, government overthrowing, etc. And it doesn't have to be some illuminati BS theory: we actually willingly watch these people talk out of their rear ends. If you want to level the playing field, quit letting the refarees play the game.
we have legitimate fears of threat vectors from the middle-east through our southern border.
The reason for your fears are unfounded and misplaced. As mentioned many times you would be wise to leave the US if threat "vectors" are your concern. Again, feel free to kid yourself with misleading fallacies if that makes you sleep better, but avoid trying to drag others into your delusion.
You don't even know my reason, yet they are unfounded and misplaced? And why would it be wise to leave the US, when it isn't even an option for me or my loved ones? It makes more sense to fix the problem than run away from it. Where could I go that doesn't have these threat vectors? Unsafe china? Japan, which is just waiting to be torn into the moment the US has big enough problems? Russia seems like the only semi-safe candidate, which has plenty of problems of it's own. The world isn't a safe place by any stretch of imagination, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't try to improve that.
Anyone that starts sentences with "the left" (or the right, or similar) I wont take seriously, it means nothing other then "them", which is an indication of the problem with today's US politics (not exclusively), Sith mentality I say. ;-)

MFG

Ketraar
I'll agree. But it's so polarized, it's like saying you won't take anyone seriously in a conversation about short people that starts a sentence with "women." There are people in this thread alone who are clearly so polar you can predict what they'd say on an issue. Just because there are independent thinkers doesn't mean that the labels aren't worth applying for the grand majority, any less than saying that because of a few tall women doesn't mean you can't apply the label "short" to women (nothing against women, but they're much shorter on average).

Masterbagger
x4

Post by Masterbagger » Thu, 11. Jan 18, 03:01

Ketraar wrote:

MFG

Ketraar
June 2016

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/06 ... to-us.html

It's happened before. I don't think it's as big a risk compared to something like importing refugee populations but then again one guy tries to stuff a bomb in a shoe and here we all are years later taking them off to get x-rayed at the airport.
Who made that man a gunner?

muppetts
x3tc

Post by muppetts » Fri, 12. Jan 18, 13:08

Fox news LOL

Great to see Trump pushing forward his stance on hating black people and bigging up the KKK, so glad everyone defeated the Nazi's so we could watch its rebirth, so cool!

Bought some more candles and balloons, waiting for the big day! (bad heart or bullet I'm not fussy)
Last edited by muppetts on Fri, 12. Jan 18, 13:09, edited 1 time in total.
VURT The only Feathers to Fly With......

Bishop149
x3

Post by Bishop149 » Fri, 12. Jan 18, 13:09

Oooooo boy where to start, Mr Tinyhands McBigbutton has had quite the night.

His racist dogwhistles become ever more crude.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 54666.html

This is a twitter bot that posts up words that have never before been published by the New York Times and so this morning gave us this:
https://twitter.com/NYT_first_said/stat ... 4038344705
:roll:
Think we're now probably about 1 or 2 steps away from his just dropping the dogwhistles altogether and just going straight up with with: "N****** are not welcome"

He has also apparently cancelled a proposed a trip to the UK ostensibly due to the fact he thinks relocating the US embassy in London was a bad decision Obama made. Which was in fact a decision made under GW Bush administration for security reasons.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... s-protests

It's pretty obvious hes just running scared of being met with a wall of protest and that this particular trip was a very easy one to just skip. This was not the long mooted "official visit" that, as I understand it, is still in the works.
My prediction is that he probably will come to the UK, diplomatically he's going to find it very difficult to avoid. He's just going to do his absolute damnest to try and avoid London. Which might be tricky. . . . all our politics being here etc.
Last edited by Bishop149 on Fri, 12. Jan 18, 13:17, edited 2 times in total.
"Shoot for the Moon. If you miss, you'll end up co-orbiting the Sun alongside Earth, living out your days alone in the void within sight of the lush, welcoming home you left behind." - XKCD

muppetts
x3tc

Post by muppetts » Fri, 12. Jan 18, 13:11

Yes Haitians all have aids, Nigerians all come from mud huts and the Caribbean + Africa are Sh1thole countries.

What amazes me is he actually thinks people from Norway would want to live in a Sh1thole like the US!

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Fri, 12. Jan 18, 13:47

- the new US Embassy looks like a Borg cube..
- or is it just me..
- the whole universe is running in BETA mode - we're working on it.. beep..!! :D :thumb_up:

RegisterMe
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Fri, 12. Jan 18, 14:54

This piece about Trump's mental health in the Guardian, by Bandy Lee is worth a read.
I can't breathe.

- George Floyd, 25th May 2020

RegisterMe
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Fri, 12. Jan 18, 16:48

And a broader, but thoughtful (and imho balanced) piece from this week's Ecnomist (behind a paywall if you've hit your free article limit):-

https://www.economist.com/news/leaders/ ... presidency
I can't breathe.

- George Floyd, 25th May 2020

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Fri, 12. Jan 18, 21:53

Bishop149 wrote:Oooooo boy where to start, Mr Tinyhands McBigbutton has had quite the night...
That's "President Tinyhands McBigbutton." :)

Santi
Moderator (DevNet)
Moderator (DevNet)
x4

Post by Santi » Sat, 13. Jan 18, 01:46

Living in London, swapping Mayfair for Nine Elms (Battersea) does really sound like madness. I lived many years on Battersea, and while you have a few good bits, there are a lot of rough areas and it is not a prestigious part of London.

Mayfair is legend.
A por ellos que son pocos y cobardes

clakclak
x3

Post by clakclak » Sat, 13. Jan 18, 02:00

BugMeister wrote:- the new US Embassy looks like a Borg cube..
- or is it just me..
I knew it reminded me of something. :D
"The problem with gender is that it prescribes how we should be rather than recognizing how we are. Imagine how much happier we would be, how much freer to be our true individual selves, if we didn't have the weight of gender expectations." - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

Masterbagger
x4

Post by Masterbagger » Sat, 13. Jan 18, 03:24

Grim Lock
x4

Post by Grim Lock » Sat, 13. Jan 18, 11:06

Masterbagger wrote:Good news mere 20% of the world and 37% of the us!

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/12/preside ... -exam.html

Healthy as a donkey.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcEc8zeNYxI

1 more year of insanity and decline of values and norms
There corrected it for you..
Megatron: "You don't scare me, you mechanical throwbacks!"
GrimLock: "Good Megatron, we love stupid enemies"

Bishop149
x3

Post by Bishop149 » Sat, 13. Jan 18, 11:14

Santi wrote:Living in London, swapping Mayfair for Nine Elms (Battersea) does really sound like madness. I lived many years on Battersea, and while you have a few good bits, there are a lot of rough areas and it is not a prestigious part of London.

Mayfair is legend.
Its on course to become the newest and most rapidly gentrified bits of London. They finally got permission to do something with Battersea Power station and I dunno if you've been there recently but they're building swanky multi million pound riverside flats for bankers and foreign millionaires like no ones business.
Actually, looking at the dates from a purely property speculation point of view the Bush administration made a damn good decision. But of course that wasn't the reason. The reason for the move was security, the US wanted a billion dollar high tech fortress and the old building was a) just unsuitable and b) listed so they couldn't change much.
"Shoot for the Moon. If you miss, you'll end up co-orbiting the Sun alongside Earth, living out your days alone in the void within sight of the lush, welcoming home you left behind." - XKCD

muppetts
x3tc

Post by muppetts » Sat, 13. Jan 18, 14:25

Masterbagger wrote:Good news everyone!

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/12/preside ... -exam.html

Healthy as a horse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcEc8zeNYxI

7 more years!
Every post you make shows your stunning hypocrisy and you can't even admit it. If any of the actions committed by Trump were done by the Dems or HRC you would be on here frothing at the mouth but if Trump hires his family, lies 2500 times in 6 months, does nothing on North Korea after slamming Obama for the same, fails to engage Russia, fails to control China, apart from Jarad K caught red handed selling passports to the US for Chinese kickbacks, then by you it is ok.

Your a fake, like all Trump voters, you have no real interest in America, you only want to indulge a consistent, delusional rage, that everyone is against you and no one understands.

It's the attitude of a child, much like Trump

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Sat, 13. Jan 18, 14:31

clakclak wrote:
- or is it just me..

- resistance is futile.. :lol:
- the whole universe is running in BETA mode - we're working on it.. beep..!! :D :thumb_up:

muppetts
x3tc

Post by muppetts » Sat, 13. Jan 18, 14:35

clakclak wrote:
- or is it just me..
The Hague one is same, square block of grey concrete.

Masterbagger
x4

Post by Masterbagger » Sat, 13. Jan 18, 16:42

muppetts wrote:
Every post you make shows your stunning hypocrisy and you can't even admit it. If any of the actions committed by Trump were done by the Dems or HRC you would be on here frothing at the mouth but if Trump hires his family, lies 2500 times in 6 months, does nothing on North Korea after slamming Obama for the same, fails to engage Russia, fails to control China, apart from Jarad K caught red handed selling passports to the US for Chinese kickbacks, then by you it is ok.

Your a fake, like all Trump voters, you have no real interest in America, you only want to indulge a consistent, delusional rage, that everyone is against you and no one understands.

It's the attitude of a child, much like Trump
It takes more effort to ask someone why they voted for him than making a mental caricature of what you think a Trump voter is but it's less unhealthy than projecting your own fantasy onto other people.

Grim Lock
x4

Post by Grim Lock » Sat, 13. Jan 18, 17:44

Pfffft most of us understand the reasons why people voted for him that's not the issue. It's your continued to be frank blind support that has most of the world baffled. If you support him you have to support his vile behavior, his constant lying and flip-flopping, his inability to surround himself with professonals, his inabilty to fil the position needed to run a goverment, his obvious racism and god-complex. And well we dont have to like people who embrace such low and disgusting standards, is that guy is who you look up to and tell your kids look i hope you grow up like him, it is perfectly fine for us to frown upon such values wether you like it or not.

Hell that IS the weirdest thing, amongst who voted voted for Trump are many people that have always claimed they needed their guns in case they needed to rise up against their corrupt government. At this point i sooner see them take up arms to defend this corrupt government! Way to be critical of your leadership!

These are the kind of idiots are representing your country now:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/pete-hoeks ... fake-news/

https://nltimes.nl/2017/12/25/us-ambass ... e-news-row
Megatron: "You don't scare me, you mechanical throwbacks!"
GrimLock: "Good Megatron, we love stupid enemies"

Return to “Off Topic English”