Updated Information?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

kohlrak

Post by kohlrak » Thu, 18. Jan 18, 07:19

lyonhaert wrote:
kohlrak wrote:
jlehtone wrote:GoD. NPC Factories disappear and reappear, based on some heuristical "need". You cannot get rid of them for good (but you can have fun "getting close enough")
So the economy adapts? So if I build an SPP, for example, sucking up all the crystals, the AI will try to compensate by building something that eats crystals and a chain to make crystals? Then if I try to loop, i build something else that it then further adds, making diminishing returns for all stations every time i build?
Not so much. Each sector still just has it's set stations, but some stations will cease to exist and later exist again at a different position. There are things that will prevent GoD from making a station disappear (having a player-owned ship docked is one), and my understanding is that things like standstill production make it more likely a station will be chosen while steady production (resources being sold without sitting empty long and products being bought without sitting full long) makes it less likely.

But it also seems pretty random to me. It's seems to me like it just wants to keep the "landscape" of the universe shifting.
Sounds like they went too hardcore roguelite. Generally, people like the worlds and universes that are randomly created. I wouldn't like it if it shifted with me. I don't mind randomness and change, but i'd like such things to be reliable. If a station disappears, i want it to be because the Xenon came in and made a mess of things. If a new station appears, I want that to be a new kid on the block. Overly safe and stable sectors should be just that: overly safe and stable, even if that means trying to get started in that sector is unprofitable to me. With X2, i feel like i stumbled into a universe where starvation is a thing no one cares about, because there's little food, and what little food there is ends up going towards producing things other than people with big bellies. There's a certain consistency to that. I'd rather it made more sense, though.

So far, the paranid and boron types are the people I like. I like split designs and i like catching spaceflies, but I hate them as people. I hate the Argon with a passion as well, for being crooked, underhanded, and backstabbing. The paranid are working on practical solutions for helping their people. The boron are scientifically oriented. Both have their problems, but the argon with their politics and the split with their lack of concern for life and wellbeing I disagree with on fundemental levels. Everyone seems to be apathetic about sentient life (aside from spaceflies for some silly reason). Even the Teladi are growing on me, especially with how they bail: showing that profit isn't really more important in their culture afterall.

As such, it doesn't surprise me at all that Argon Spacefuel plants are made and sold by the Teladi, including homeworld: not only is it profit, but it shows they respect that not everyone agrees with their rules an regulations, so that if I wanted to build a distillery in pirate space, they're cool with that.

Seems to me like a large portion of spaceweed banning is for the benefit of Teladi profit, and same with spacefuel with the argonians. The Paranid are concerned with safety: as stated by suggesting that in Paranid space there is talk about making speed limits, so they ban for those reasons. The Split ban the stuff, because it hinders their ability to prove they're better than everyone at everything.

I can expect that the Paranid will treat me much like the ashlanders in morrowind, who come to respect me the more i respect them and their culture. The split I can expect to always be up my rear end, especially the more successful I get (unless my patrol issue is part of this, I don't expect this to actually be represented in game), and basically be the Morag Tong of X. The Argonians are backstabbing, which seems fair:
Spoiler
Show
Julian's genes are the only thing that gave him any merit
. They're basically imperials. The Boron are much like the mage's guild: they seem more interested in the end goal than how they got there. As such, the one BBS mission
Spoiler
Show
where you cure Princess Menelaus with illegal substances, or rather just help her party
having an effect on the racial reputation should come as no surprise. Teladi are the opposite of the Boron: they're way more interested in the journey than the end goal.

I heard there's alot of melting and mixing of races in one of the future games. I hope when i finally get a new computer that's capable of playing these games properly that the culture remains in these races, or at least that the replacements are more represented.

Anyway, back on topic, you see these things and their influence on the overall economy makes sense to some degree. The split's desire to show they're superior makes sense then that they don't want anyone just coming in and taking their cool stuff and claiming it as their own. This similar action by the paranid makes sense from the fact that they don't want people of a different culture taking advantage of the things that make their culture great (this is basically the immigration issues that countries like the US and Japan show), especially if that different culture is fundementally incompatible (asians and whites are like the split and paranid respectively in this regard). I was quite shocked that the Boron were actually so accepting (and this is before i met the paranid and split), but then it made sense as time went on. Teladi was much less of a shock to me, with all their stations named after trade and glamor. Naturally, Argon has no trade issues with fellow Argonians. The goners are religious, thus they specialize in religous equipment: revival tools (salvage insurance), jumpdrive (they worship the idea of coming from earth and ultimately returning there, as well as the sacrifice that Gunn様 made?), cargo transfer equipment (never have to leave the safety of their unarmed ships). The pirates giving beginner tips on their BBS even fits character, even if beginners aren't likely to go to them (after scavenging Black Hole Sun for so long, i went to a pirate station and read that this was intentional to help new players get started). Stuff near the Xenon sectors don't seem all that invested (which is where my first mistake with station building began).

It's good to have a living, breathing universe. But I don't want the universe to be so alive that I feel like i'm dealing with the universe as a whole rather than the locals. The universe of X2 is the sum of it's tiny, intricate parts. Seems very lifeless, but it's not so full of life that it can't develop it's own charm.

EDIT: And then we have this guy to bring inconsistency to the forefront. Look, if they really follow Gunn様, they should at least take note of the fact that he was a warrior. I find it strange that they don't believe in returning fire. That said, this guy's still in the wrong, since they believe in talking people down.

I swear, the goner bailing on request must be rare. I'm trying not to lower my friendship with them, but i wouldn't mind a ship or two of theirs later on as an TSM3.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 18. Jan 18, 19:36

The only "request" that leads to a bail is hot plasma. Mere spoken communication will always fail. Rangers have been captured (at peril of losing access to exclusive Goner products) to act as extra fuel tanks for M2's.

You mention Getsu Fune. Lets mention Xenon Migration and Xenon Invasion, for they are semi-related.

---------------------------

The Xenon do have a Shipyard. If Xenon sector suffers casualties, then their SY spawns replacements (sooner of later). Those fresh ships will fly to the sector that needs reinforcements. That is migration.

The migrating Xenon do not start a fight. However, the local sector defenses tend to pick a bone with the trespassers. Either the Xenon make it through, or the Xenon SY sends a new batch.

If you are in sector, then the turrets of Xenon capital ships do fire at anything and everything within their range even if the ship itself is simply flying towards the next Gate. Stations could fall.

The Xenon Invasion mission is one of the generic BBS missions. The action happens in sector next to a Xenon sector. The mission can appear on BBS of nearby sectors. The mission appears probably couple times per ingame day.

When the mission does appear on BBS, it is best to undock quickly, for (IME) the BBS of that Station starts to spawn countles copies of that message, until you do. I don't think that that serious bug has been fixed in X2.

Once the mission message has spawned on one station, it should be visible on every station of every sector near the sector to be invaded. If you are willing to assist, you can first travel to right place and then accept the mission. The mission message, if not taken, should expire eventually.

The other, debated "feature" of Xenon Invasion mission is that the reward offered in the mission announcement is tiny compared to what actually drops into your account at the end. (The "tiny" is already a hefty sum, so the actual payment is over the top and then some.)

How do these relate to Getsu Fune? It is an eligible location for Xenon invasion. Furthermore, should some harm come to the fair residents of Xenon 534, the migration must push through GF.

Fight and Build are both fun, but not necessarily on the same spot, are they? :split:
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

kohlrak

Post by kohlrak » Fri, 19. Jan 18, 02:53

jlehtone wrote:The only "request" that leads to a bail is hot plasma. Mere spoken communication will always fail. Rangers have been captured (at peril of losing access to exclusive Goner products) to act as extra fuel tanks for M2's.
I've seen alot of topics on how to add goner rep. Everyone wants a goner ship, but not at that cost, basically. The universal answer seems to be spending alot of money at the temples. The hacking missions seem to be another method, though. I hacked the anarchy base a long, long time ago and it's still friendly. I don't know if that's because the pirates don't have a race ranking in X2, or if they are permanent in X2, but I can get in and out just fine.
You mention Getsu Fune. Lets mention Xenon Migration and Xenon Invasion, for they are semi-related.

The Xenon do have a Shipyard. If Xenon sector suffers casualties, then their SY spawns replacements (sooner of later). Those fresh ships will fly to the sector that needs reinforcements. That is migration.

The migrating Xenon do not start a fight. However, the local sector defenses tend to pick a bone with the trespassers. Either the Xenon make it through, or the Xenon SY sends a new batch.

If you are in sector, then the turrets of Xenon capital ships do fire at anything and everything within their range even if the ship itself is simply flying towards the next Gate. Stations could fall.

The Xenon Invasion mission is one of the generic BBS missions. The action happens in sector next to a Xenon sector. The mission can appear on BBS of nearby sectors. The mission appears probably couple times per ingame day.

When the mission does appear on BBS, it is best to undock quickly, for (IME) the BBS of that Station starts to spawn countles copies of that message, until you do. I don't think that that serious bug has been fixed in X2.

Once the mission message has spawned on one station, it should be visible on every station of every sector near the sector to be invaded. If you are willing to assist, you can first travel to right place and then accept the mission. The mission message, if not taken, should expire eventually.

The other, debated "feature" of Xenon Invasion mission is that the reward offered in the mission announcement is tiny compared to what actually drops into your account at the end. (The "tiny" is already a hefty sum, so the actual payment is over the top and then some.)

How do these relate to Getsu Fune? It is an eligible location for Xenon invasion. Furthermore, should some harm come to the fair residents of Xenon 534, the migration must push through GF.

Fight and Build are both fun, but not necessarily on the same spot, are they? :split:
My plan is to take out the shipyard sector first, when i finally decide to deal with the Xenon. Would be nice to befriend them, but i'm not too sure they're interested. So, i'll take them out with a couple of M2s when i get them built (i figure 2 or 3 should be enough for the AI to do it alone) then leave them there as sector patrol to make sure they never come back. I don't plan on ever doing a mission in Getsu Fune, because of the build. They money may be great, but it's not worth loosing my ship building setup over. I picked the sector because of that roid and the fact there are a bunch of cap ships patrolling it already. Xenon reinforcements would just end up wiping out my entire setup when OOS. i learned that the hard way with the regular flows through black hole sun. Had an M5 set up there to scavenge and it was gone in about 30 seconds, 2 seconds after an L came through. I learned my lesson.

Speaking of the Xenon, why do they have cockpits if they have no bodies. If they have a body, where does it go when they "bail?" Why do Xenon ships bail if it's just AI? Xenon capping makes so little sense to me from a storyline perspective. Gameplay wise, i understand, but why in the world do they bail?

I just bought my first M6, only guns are bPSGs since that's all i managed to grab with my wallet. I got a steady 2mil per hour output, now that I fixed the problem with KBB Metal (the super roid): The freighter supplying it was going 3 or 4 sectors to get ECs because they were cheaper, leaving the Ore Mine without ECs while it went back and forth. Really wish you could set prices per faction or something to that effect. Given the 16cr guarantee with trade stations, since the ore mine isn't essential to the battery, I wanted it to play the market to maximize profits. It was a grand decision (while having the EC battery play the market isn't so much, since I want it to be reliable when it's time to plug it in to something).

Something else i learned the hard way: just because Boron Dolphins have the best cargo per speed ratio doesn't mean they're the ideal freighters. Even when the source is full and the products are free, they don't like to fill all of the way up for some reason. Ideally, your fastest ship that can carry at least 100 units of the load (cargo type being dominant factor) is the best ship for the job. So for ferrying ECs, my dolphins are far from ideal, but they can keep doing it since they can keep up at this point. A few paranid pegasus should be able to do the longer distance runs better, so I may supply my mines with ECs with a pegasus at some point in the future.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”